1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

People who don’t want Harden stinks of loser rot

Reeko likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I’ll continue to laugh and question anyones semblance of bball iq if you really don’t think harden is absolutely a run away choice to bridge the rockets kids towards learning how to win. A lot of these assessments on cf’s are straight trash

3. dmoneybangbang

The question isn't whether Harden should return, it's how much you are willingly to pay him.

4. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Harden is getting the max, if not from Philly or us then another team. There will be teams willing to throw the max at him, full stop.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Also true, Harden's team would be bonkers not to at least try to get the max or maximum years out of it.

Not that he is poor but how this thing works. If he can still be an All Star caliber Player, he is a max player for sure.

Therein lies the problem.

How many years would the Rockets want to give him and still preserve max or super maxes for upcoming younger superstars.

Premium 3 and D also cost tons of money.

And I don't want 38 year old PJ Tucker roaming around the corner 3 area signing for free.

#1465 daywalker02, May 1, 2023
    Last edited: May 1, 2023
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

How much he gets paid is irrelevant to this current state of the rockets. That logic makes no sense and is not even close to a valid reason. By the time he’s done his job the kids will/should be on the right path towards playing without harden when they’re up for any relevant deals. Assuming they’re worth it. Otherwise you’re saving money for no reason at all when harden is the clear cut choice and no one else is even close this summer

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

We DO have Tari and Bari though, who would both be fantastic 3&D players especially with Harden setting them up for easy cuts and lobs. If KPJ is anywhere remotely as good on D as some of his fans think he is, then we have another there as well. Then we have Green who can easily be better than Maxey IMO. The wildcard though is the 5 spot. Embiid is tiers above Sengun on both ends and Wemby is still only a 14% chance.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do the math....when is Jabari 25 or 26 and nearing his prime?

Correct when you add 5-6 years on Harden’s 34 this year.

When he is 40.

Anything other than winning a championship, of course, having fun in the playoffs sure why not.

Make no mistake, Harden had 30 percent to do with where the Sixers are today.

But don't tell me Embiid with his 31 ppg and whatever insane numbers is not the Number 1 reason for that as well.

He averaged 28 ppg without Harden too.

#1468 daywalker02, May 2, 2023
    Last edited: May 2, 2023
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Do the math....when is Jabari 25 or 26 and nearing his prime?

Correct when you add 5-6 years on Harden’s 34 this year.

When he is 40.

If we want to have some fun in the first and 2nd rounds, why not.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Why does Bari have to be in his prime to serve as a great 3&D player for Harden?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because players want a purpose in their lives.

It does not make sense to waste time like we fans here typing and typing. I am old and I have time.

If you flame out in the 2nd rounds, it does not make sense for both parties.

Embiid is the major reason they are the 3rd seed.

Embiid while injury prone is a better player than Harden, hands down.

And guess what, he is 29 and in his prime! Appropriate age still matters!

#1472 daywalker02, May 2, 2023
    Last edited: May 2, 2023
  13. riko

riko Member

Sixers 13-5 without Embiid….

14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Again, how does Bari being not in his prime prevent him from potentially being a better 3&D player than anyone the Phillies will have next season? Unless they can offload Harris this offseason, the Sixers right now are as good as they are going to get. Meanwhile, we have a lot of young talent (they were just significantly and criminally misused / underused the last couple of seasons) remaining cap space, and KPJ's contract if necessary. That said, the Sixers still have Embiid which is why I don't think Harden will come here UNLESS we can score Wemby.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Straw man argument, it does not matter because their age gap does not correlate to their best selves at around the same time.

You want to hear that they work out, and that might be so but it does not change that Harden is nearing 40 when Jabari or Tari hits their prime.

We are just fans that type for the sakes of typing, get that and you would be wiser.

I know what you are and we go way back and I am not interested in discussing with you what old Harden can bring.

It is a bout spending money wisely and not all on a soon to be 35-36 year old player. We had that with Chris Paul.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, both Tari and Jabari aren't really paid yet.

If they become the 3 and D you envision, they are looking at Cam Johnson type of money.

That is how simple this is.

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

And I am still asking, why does that matter? Why would we even care about primes not aligning? Like the ages don't align, yeah EVERYONE KNOWS THAT. It's simple math, but also irrelevant math. The entire point of getting Harden is to have the best playmaker in the NBA to help harness the explosive offensive potential of our young talent while they steadily grow and have opportunities to develop under said playmaking. You don't think Green/Bari/Tari's development will benefit from Harden showing them how simple smart decision making can make the game NOW for them while he fully utilizes Green's zoomies, Bari's shooting, and Tari's general chaotic energy? Like Ime said, the biggest issue with our shooting is our shot selection. Quite simply, we make **** decisions and Harden would take that out of the equation.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One question, why do you want to involve posters in endless senseless talk, I know it is a forum but I have a different time zone than you.

Chill, man.

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

They become RFAs in 2026, which is also when Harden would come off the books. I agree, it is that simple.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not even disagreeing.

It does not matter to me, that is all.

The thing was about 3 and D and nobody knows what they will be in 2026 unless you present me that time machine.

This is just offseason, rando trade talk, or how will fantasy lineups work.