1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I literally posted his catch and shoot stats and you attempted to spin that with dishonestly.....so yeah, that's why I accused you of dishonesty.

I feel no reason to put up with bad faith actors.

2. Ancient Moabite

In very small sample size in April he shot around 38-39%, so if he gets more consistency and carries that over to his third season I would think that would be a said capable 3pt shooter, but I Am pretty sure you would find something to nitpick about if that were to happen

Even if he just hits his February % of around 36 that is being capable

By end of year 4 he should be quite capable, that is if he works on his game as the media/coach created narrative claims he does, TBD

And as I stated earlier, the Rockets players are every bit as capable as the Sixers that surround Harden to hit 3's, they are just more seasoned vets

Being something for 2 out of your 4 seasons doesn't make you quality, it means you went from awful to being capable

BamBam likes this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah it's tough. He cannot score at the rim anymore. That makes me more nervous than anything else about him. Makes him much easier to guard.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Harden is closer to the Glue Factory than he is to being an all star anymore.

Do not want.

DD

fadeaway and Bobbythegreat like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Harden legitimately deserved to be an All-Star this year. He led the league in assist and still averaged over 20 pts and 6 rbs. He was snubbed because the media has always had a problem with him.

I'm not saying he's still as good as he once was OR that we need to bring him back, but let's not act like he's just hanging on at the tail end of his career.

glynch, joshuaao, Corpusfan and 8 others like this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He 100% should have been an all star. In saying that he may never make the team again.

xaos likes this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

He's not gonna dramatically drop off next season. Still has plenty in the tank, many players wish they can average 20 pts and lead in assists.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ok??

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it is pretty divided in here as for his future here.

The Rocks FO does want it wants or better said what Fertitty wants anyhoot.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree, the ASG is a popularity contest and I see enough players who can't seem to get into the game although they had the numbers like Fox before this year.

Once his so called lift declined, the only thing that is attractive to the ordinary fairweather guy is his passing.

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I think it might work.

Harden is not the team leader that we need to bring discipline to our youngsters. He's also not the MVP-caliber player that he was in his late 20's. With that said, he's still great at creating for other players, he led the league in assists per game, and his shooting is still quite good (really hasn't declined). His style of play does not rely on athleticism so it's reasonable to think he has 3-4 more excellent years left in him. Our team needs a PG/ball distributor and he is excellent at that. He also has a star power that attracts fans and league-wide interest... which Fertitta will value from a financial perspective (important).

glynch, Dobbizzle, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think it's all about legacy.

He might think 'What am I going to do in the final stages of my career. Other than contending for a title, am I going to babysit young players.... am I really cut out for that?'

I don't know how much self doubt he will be in but it's definitely going from a contender to a mediocre situation.

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, we need to move on from bringing Harden back....that BOAT has sailed

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bring harden back

16. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

An above average point would do wonders for the development of the kids, and there are two very good points available for pursuit this off-season.

upload_2023-4-23_15-43-17.gif

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Harden still has juice , but you could be correct to not want harden helping your team form it’s identity . These guys need to learn how to play , if harden is here for sure he makes the game easier for them on offense .

but what can he teach them about defense ? He is not a bad defender in the post , but his days as an even average defensive guard are gone .

the guard(s) we being in have to be able to guard . Green and kpj need to be getting benched for lack of defense , and see the team win because of it .

Or they need to nut up and play both ends . Sengun needs to continue maturing as does smith , but I like their energy . Jabari faced a lot of adversity and was always still competing (sometimes poorly lol ) you can tell he really wants to win the game

if you bring back harden he is still good . But I think that means you shape the team around him a bit too much .

our defense needs to be good .

as much as I love harden idk what we’d be doing if we brought him back

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Also probably has best court vision/is the best passer on the planet

Meanwhile the Rockets arguably have the 2 worst starting guards in the entire NBA in that department, and as a consequence have the worst HC offense

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden was finishing like Tari Eason in that 1st round series against BK…everything else about his game was at a high level tho

he was missing bunnies at the rim and getting blocked often…he had no touch in the paint…he was still getting by his initial defender a lot of the time

he’s not Houston Harden at the rim, but he shouldn’t be missing layups like this

20 second mark

he was smoking everything at the rim

he shot an astonishing 23% from 0-3 feet against BK…even in last year’s playoffs where everyone was saying he’s washed and finished, he shot 72% from that range

glynch, Rolliepollie and Dredd like this.
  20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That’s a ridiculous comment. Harden will end up getting MVP votes this season.

I’d love a real PG to play with these guys

Dredd likes this.