1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'd watch Green and Jimmy throwing honey buns at Lil Baby.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Usually those 2 know it and we know it a lot later but thanks to Twitter and IG we know things faster.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

flopping is part of getting to the line. selling calls is absolutely part of getting to the line. That's part of the game and art of learning how to do so

doesn't matter if your game is old man or not.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

alperen sengun is 27th in NBA in personal fouls drawn per game(4.7 per game), right behind harden who is at 26(4.6 per game)
    https://www.nba.com/stats/players/misc?PerMode=PerGame&dir=A&sort=PFD

Translation for haters and basketball ignoramuses:
    he is even better than harden at drawing fouls because he has been held back by the coach and by playing in hostile environment and that impacted this stat.
    Alperen is the new Harden and nobody even needs to teach him anything!

ps meanwhile your pet tate is nowhere to be found here LOL

5. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

lmao at you bringing up Sengun in a James Harden thread.

You have to be trolling

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I hope you get carpal tunnel man

Your spam is the worst CF has ever seen

Worse than LOF back in the day

Was I talking to you ?

Did I say the word sengun ?

**** off

Furthermore you've made twitter accounts and spam the board with them .

I can't scroll clutchfans without it taking forever to load cause all the embeds .

I generally leave people off ignore , because I do like to see banter

But your posts are worthless . In fact they have negative value, much like sengun on defense .

Why don't you take that info , consider it with your pea size Brain , and then you can go back to masturbating to " I'm so heppy"

Denovo, DrNuegebauer, chenjy9 and 5 others like this.
  7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Could James play point forward with Green and Scoot Henderson?

groovemachine likes this.
  8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

For all those being impatient and having a fit and wanting to trade and or cut all the current Rockets, Harden is by far the best player that we could possibly sign for the next season or two, probably even if we get Wemby.

9. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I want Harden to return and sign on for the rest of his career and retire a Rocket. 4 or 5 years from now. There is something to say for having some continuity.

JayGoogle, dobro1229, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  10. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Oops

Had no idea about the rule.

I still think if both teams offered the same, he'd choose Philly. Playing next to Embid and Maxey is a no brainer if he wants to win. UNLESS, we possibly get Wemby, bring in another good max vet AND he has an affinity for HTown. Then MAYBE he comes back.

11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

James is a good enough post defender to play the 4 with Scoot, Jalen, and KPJ in certain lineups.

The guard rotation would probably be Scoot and JC off the bench with Harden and Green starting. KPJ probably gets the starting nod at the 3.

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

Highly doubt they would bench Scoot for 2 of the guys on the abysmal previous years. One of green or kpj would sit or go. Harden Green KPj backcourt sounds even worse defensively somehow than the past 2 years. I honestly worry the Rockets would be open to trading any of their top of picks for some stupid, short sighted win now move for Harden. Set us back another half decade yet again.

13. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Definitely on offense. On defense, Henderson and Green would have to be better on defense than i'd expect them to be, but really, Harden should be defending the worst scoring forward on the other team more often than guards anyway.

14. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

Nah. He has options.

A) Philly could potentially trade Tobias (on an expiring) + Maxey for a true legit 3rd star

B) He could threaten a move to Houston just to leverage himself into a S&T into another contender so Philly would get assets back rather than let him walk away for free.

15. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

He's never played on a genuinely bad team in his life. Closest is probably the 2020-21 Rockets who could've made the play-in, but that's the team that he left.

As much I'm sure he'd love the reception he'd get if he came back to Houston, he hates bad basketball and he would probably ****ing hate this team within 8 games and ask for everyone to be traded a la 2019 Lakers w/ Lebron

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Could, but the defense would be an abomination.

Probably better to put Harden at the 3 with KPJ at the 2 and Henderson at PG. If Henderson's small sample 3 point shooting from this season translates to the NBA you'd have a ton of spacing and ball handling.

Defense would still be weak, but the offense probably makes up for it.

17. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Honestly I don’t think Green nor KPJ have had abysmal years. Green is putting in 21 a game and isn’t Porter putting up a line something like 19/5/5?

To your point they might start a 3 guard lineup of Scoot/Green/Harden, with KPJ as 6 man

Caesar likes this.
  18. Caesar

Caesar Member

I don't like it with KPj or Green at the 2. I'd rather pass on Harden if we draft Scoot and continue the development phase sans tanking initiative.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  19. riko

riko Member

No one comes close to lin fans!… I truly believe they were borderline deranged. Obsessed with a scrub who they portrayed as a star. They were comparing lin with guys like Steve nash and John Stockton. They were beyond help

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

https://www.libertyballers.com/2023...ers-rockets-james-harden-free-agency-contract

JayGoogle and Verbal Christ like this.