1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Does Saudi Arabia have a basketball keague to burn silly money with?

Jim should camp over there like a bum and shake some hands with some princes while they watch dancers shake their booties

I thought it was a thinly-disguised-keep-mentioning-fit-because-harden-is-too-fat-explaination

#4481 Invisible Fan, Oct 5, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
    Os Trigonum and BamBam like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lebron was seen there this summer possibly seeking revenue sources, Harden should be next.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Extremely close Bro, but it's actually a thinly-disguised Alperen is the true franchise player explanation...
    T'was pretty obvious ... ;)

Go Rockets!!!

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

What I said was "I don't want James."

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

"I said 'I'm a do not want James' not 'Ime doesn't want james,'" said Ime.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Please call the coach Udoka. "Ime" is too readily confused with "I'm" or "Ima" ...

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I/me is too woke.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Music to my ears.

I told you guys, the right plan is to surround the core with vet ROLE PLAYERS. In virtually every interview Udoka has ever done for the Rockets, he has been clear that the vets are here to help the core. It was a BAD idea to sign a veteran scorer and turn the core into role players, which is what a lot of people wanted here.

It's really tough for a coach to impress before ever playing a game, but Udoka has been proactively excellent all summer and these past few days of camp. The young guys are going to appreciate that Udoka went out of his way to get them good role players. Most coaches would selfishly just think about their record and sign big names that can improve the record a little bit. Udoka stuck to principles - defense is half the game while assists are nowhere near half the game. In FVV we got a good shooter, great defender who's an excellent passer rather than Harden who at this point is "only" an elite passer and a good shooter. Perfect decision.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Morey is finally resigned to the fact that Mann is the best player he will get plus whatever picks come his way. He should not have pissed off Harden. Regardless of Harden's shortcomings in the post season, having him is really their best chance since they have no other way of acquiring young talent unless they trade away Joel and at that point, you are rebuilding.

I'm sure Joel will be requesting a trade at the end of the year, if not sooner.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden looks good. We should offer him the max.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maxey actually plays pretty well, he won't give you 10 assists but he can at least cover for 6-7. He has that potential.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maxey is surging, I mean yeah, it would not be enough but I can see Maxey as a 25 and 7 kind of guy.

Will Embiid be content and see that, I do not know.

If it is New York, Brunson gives you exactly Maxey production but is more seasoned.

14. PeppermintCandy

Yeah looking at the boxscore, Maxey and the Sixers seem to have played well.
    But they can't keep playing him 40 minutes a night either. Something has to give.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Philly has to go through another rebuild, the Process was not to be trusted.

It was not meant to be.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Maxey looked great, he looks like he's ready for all star level play

I'm confused as to whether this is supposed to make Daryl more likely to accept the Clippers offer or less likely?

If this really is just a 2 player game where both the Clippers and the 76ers have perfect information at about how each other's season is going I can't see it going well for Philly. Each game that gets closer to the trade deadline effectively lowers Hardens return value to Philly and it eventually hits 0 if he's not allowed to play

If there's other teams involved it might make sense to hold on or Daryl thinks that someone is going to get injured and get desperate. But.. his position here is not strong. Harden is a sunk cost and it does you no good to recoup nothing unless there's some magic CBA wizardry that is able to be obtained by losing him for nothing.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. StroudAndYorDaddy

The crazy thing is it’s not that far fetched that James harden could turn into a rockstar over in that part of the world( Middle East). He has the beard look and is still talented enough to wear he could be the face of Saudi basketball.. kind of like what Marbury did with China

19. clos4life

clos4life Member

Anyone give an excerpt of the Rockets part?

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hopefully we won't get fined, because Harden opted into his contract and was never a free agent. If he met with Udoka, that could be considered tampering.

Dobbizzle and topfive like this.