1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

my issues with harden never about contract only about fit. He’s a significantly better player that FVV.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  2. justtxyank

brooks was happening no matter what. Even if they signed Harden. It was Harden or FVV that’s it

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No shot we are signing brooks regardless if we sign fvv or not.

If we went all in in harden, u can bet there would have been bigger moves.

Brooks is a sht signing until he proves me wrong.

No one with star power is going around recruiting the likes of Brooks to form a competitive team

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i hate Hard-on BECAUSE i am a Rockets fan...
    I watched that asshat straight up quit on the team - in an elimination game. just unforgivable... Like Max walking... like kpj walking at halftime... some things are just unforgivable...
    I watched him play his megalomaniac bs just pushing his 'brand' over the best interest of team - and then crying that he didnt have enough help...
    If he coulda been cool with CP3 we coulda won a chip... but no...
    He coulda been cool on his way outta town - but no...
    fk that dude.

Ps: fan since 1984. ;)

xaos and rhee like this.
  5. justtxyank

bro they’ve been linked to Brooks for awhile.

xaos, ElPigto and cbass like this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Guess we have different ways to appreciate our greats.

Harden may have left in a bad way, man still litters our franchise record and is still one of the greatest to wear our uniform. I just find it weird that folks consider themselves a rocket fan by hating someone so much who was such a huge part of our history.

BelgianRocketsFan and Sledge187 like this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If we signed Harden, we would have not go for brooks, book it.

No one trying to form a playoff/competitive team is recruiting brooks to a tune of 20 mil.

This was a sht signing until he proves me wrong.

8. justtxyank

oh ok well if you say so that holds more weight that woj, shams, amick or feigen

Asian Sensation, xaos and cbass like this.
  9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We have a good defensive PG and a good defensive SF. Now is the time to add Harden at SG where he belongs. Then we would have a contending team.

10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's just common sense. U seen any rumors of anybody building a superteam recruiting brooks?

Yea exactly.

Man is not worth 20 mil.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Sounds crazy but I think I'd rather pay Harden the max, than doing an FVV / Brooks combo. Its that Brooks alone is that much of a negative, where Harden's off-court ways might be the lesser evil.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

and i get how folks can look at the numbers - and turn a blind eye to the warts...

I've often questioned why folks need to put athletes on a pedestal and revere them as great people - as opposed to the flawed individuals we all are (to varying degrees) - that are just good at putting a ball through a hoop. lol

I've suffered through too many crappy seasons as a Rockets (and Oilers) fan - lol.
    Winning is great. i'd love for our team to win - but if we aint gonna win it all - id rather have mediocre guys who work their butts off (see Scola/Sura/Landry/etc treadmill of mediocrity years) as opposed to prima donnas or guys with tude (C Wood).

and as Morey quoted 'opportunity is not a lengthy visitor'... so the opportunities that were squandered due to Hardens self absorption just boils my blood. Granted those opportunities existed because of Harden - but i dont appreciate the tease if he wasnt willing to follow through. lol!

I'll never deny the man's talent level...
    but how he chose to conduct himself and squander opportunities imo...
    naw... i aint a fan.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Weren't Wagner and Banchero already surrounded by 60mill in off-cuts? Sure, if they had 60 mill right now, they may make a better fist of free agency than we just did (who knows?) - but (a) there was only so much to sign, and (b) wouldn't you prefer to play with Banchero and Wagner over Green and Sengun?? It's a far sexier destination precisely because they just won 34 games...

Yes - but that's the point! Green Smith, Sengun, Eason (possibly Thompson or Whitmore) - none of them have had the opportunity to do anything more than play pickup ball against NBA players. No system, no accountability. We added $60M to bring them that. Step 1 is now "let's see if any of them are any good" - if they turn out to be, maybe we do win closer to 40 games.

I won't be happy with 33 wins, because it probably puts a ceiling on what we have in the first 4 young guys. But it also gives us a 'next stop 40' destination - which, although not ideal, at least gives us a chance to parlay some of the younger talent into a real star?

Sledge187 likes this.
  14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is they used a lot of that money on a significant downgrade at the wing position from what they already had (KMJ) and traded him away for peanuts.

Spending money in and of itself doesn't mean you get better. Green/Sengun could absolutely be that guy but 20 win jumps are rare. I'm expecting close to play-in this year and play-in in 2025. If we don't dump KMJ for Brooks then I would have expected play-in this season.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I really hate Brooks but are you really trying to say that KMJ is better?

#4215 chenjy9, Jul 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
  16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I believe so, yes. Many advanced metrics also indicate that which I posted on a couple of threads already.

I think on-ball defense is the only thing that Brooks is better at.

17. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Wow…. Just wow

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol you are welcome to contribute something! I'd go look at the numbers first though.

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Not much to say to someone who believes KMJ is better than Brooks. It would be like arguing with someone saying the world is flat. Let me ask you this, who would be the primary defender of the other teams best wing on our team last season?

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I mean we overpaid for brooks; fvv’s deal is meh but harden wouldn’t fit with his play style, under performing in the playoffs, his shooting from 3 ft and ft rate has declined, not to mention he’s 34-35 already and he wants a max deal