1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I don’t see the Suns happening. He can contend in Philly and make more than Phoenix can pay him.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus, some of you Harden-haters, seriously.
    Y'all should form a Meetup Group: Harden---Knives Out.

The pothole you swerve to miss on your way to work: Harden caused that, too.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I had heard he was in Houston. Not surprised one bit he’s spending his time making potholes around town in between his buffet lunches and strip club evenings instead of actually training for next season.

;)

jim1961 likes this.
  4. vince

vince Member

Oklahoma truly shined in the entire Chris Paul trade(s). They not only reaped quite a haul from the Rockets, but they also unloaded a Westbrook with perceived value, yet was in free fall in terms of value. And then they flipped Paul to the Suns for assets including the first round pick.

Paul is an amazing player, but Father Time has caught up to that man. He’s a fella who should be playing no more than 18-22 minutes a game so he can be available for the play offs. His body can’t take the toll of a full season.

Easy, Shark44, PolarBear and 4 others like this.
  5. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We will give him a 3 year contract. We need a STAR to run this offense. Harden can help Sengun and Green to be Stars in this league. You only need TWO STARS to win a championship. I would sign Harden, have a winning record, Jalen’s shooting percentage will increase to 45% FG and 36 at 3 point line while scoring 25+ a game. Sengun will average 20 points and 10 rebounds and signing Lopez from the Bucks would help our team’s defense.
    Sign Harden Dillion Brooks and Lopez, draft Amen Thompson and cut or trade TyTy and Tate

Starters: Harden, Green, Brooks, Jabari, Sengun
    Bench: Amen, KPJ, Martin, Tari, Lopez

At the trade deadline and we have a winning record, Harden is a ALL STAR, and Sengun OR Jalen are considered to be a 1st time ALL STAR. We trade KPJ, KJ, JABARI AND THREE DRAFT PICKS FOR Brown from the Celtics

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Sounds like the Suns are going after Harden too; which makes sense.

Ancient Moabite and DaDakota like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

They are dropping Paul for Harden.

DD

maj21 and solid like this.
  8. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Just ran into harden at Trill Burgers. He said he’s already been at the Toyota Center running with KPJ and Green!

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Hope they get him!

11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I believe James Harden is going to sign with us. We need a veteran point guard and he KINDA want to come here?
    As a Rocket fans, he need to stop being PRIDEFUL. There is no one else we can get as a legit POINT GUARD. Van Vleet? After Harden is off the market, Toronto, Washington, Orlando, Clippers, Lakers, Chicago, San Antonio, New Orleans and maybe Phoenix are going to BEG for Fred VanVleet’s services. VanVleet has no connection to our franchise or coaches….he might not come. Our young players need a veteran point guard. This is a weak free agency and just because we have 60-70 million to spend does not mean good players are going to sign here. If we can get Harden now and have a winning record at the TRADE DEADLINE, we might be able to get a FRUSTRATED STAR who wants to sign with us. Jaylen Brown?

I’m SICK AND TIRED of watching these Rocket’s game and our point guard have 8 turnovers and if the game is close we FOLD because we do not have a CLOSER to win. I’m tired of losing. Morey was right, you cannot win in the NBA without STARS. LET GET A STAR! He can also help Jalen and Sengun to be a Star as well.

Read Below:

The thing that makes the two possibilities financially more even is the league’s “over-38” rule, which prevents a player of Harden’s age from signing a five-year deal for the full max. Normally that guaranteed fifth year would be the kicker that would allow Philadelphia to win any bidding war, but instead, the advantage may be with Houston: the Sixers can offer more on a four-year deal ($210 million to $201 million), but because Texas has no state income tax, the overall money is basically even.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Not only do I believe Harden wont be coming here but even if he did, our losing ways would continue under him.

We don't have the support cast to win now. If we were one player away, then Harden might make sense.
    But we are several players away from that point.

topfive likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Kind of off the subject, but I know if I spent as much time in strip clubs as Harden does, I'd have grown tired of throwing money at strippers about a decade ago.

14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Before bringing on Harden, the team has to define what success means for them in the short term and long term.

Is it play-in? Playoffs? Deep Playoffs? Championship?

Sure they'll win a few games and get into the playoffs with Harden. Then what? 3-4 years of 1st/2nd round exits?

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's probably moot but it's much easier to get from playoffs to deep playoffs than it is to go from toilet bowl to deep playoffs.

I mean throw me into the briar patch of worrying about getting into the 2nd round. If we end up in tanktown again post Westbrook trade obligations so be it - then we'll tank.

But tanking without controlling your draft and getting your fans to buy the "cap space flexibility" idea of you having the lowest payroll in the league and throwing up not even play in caliber seasons - which is what happens if the Rockets whiff on Harden and everyone else and "run it back" - that's my worst nightmare.

That's Donald Sterling level ownership.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

PHX would be a good spot for Harden, they’d just have no depth

Harden-Kyrie-KD -> Harden-Booker-KD

17. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Credit to CF favorite John Hollinger:

“Harden is torn between returning to Philadelphia and gunning for a championship or returning to Houston and going 33-49.”

Credit to CF favorite sirjesse:

The odds of me caring what Hollinger thinks run between 33-49.

SamFisher likes this.
  18. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

The young guys need good players or ALL STARS to help them with GOOD HABITS to win games in the NBA. We have talent but we do not know how to win…coaches can do so much he need veterans to help them

19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

No. Harden won't help anybody to be STAR players. Nobody can be STAR players with Harden dribbling 20 seconds.

solid likes this.
  20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

With GOOD HABITS? Harden? You must be kidding.

BlastOff and solid like this.