1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Something like 3 for 100m might make sense, but James is not a 4 year max guy at his age.

BamBam likes this.
  2. Asian Sensation

This isn’t about me. This is about Harden and I’m just stating facts. I’m sorry you’re triggered by the fact that your idol is a bum ass loser and you try to make things personal. Speaking of which don’t you got a boy to go take care of? Now scram.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It is about you in the context of your avatar and 1000’s of negative posts about Harden. If you don’t want posters to comment on it change your avatar and stfu about him. Until then I can laugh at the fascination of one grown man (you) in another grown man (Harden) . You can’t do crap about it either. Ever since the movie It came out mocking clowns like you became acceptable in civilized society didn’t you hear?

4. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

No

Now you see the light.... welcome

cdrive likes this.
  5. Asian Sensation

Ooh look a tough guy that listens to Incubus. Lmaooo! No I will not change my avatar or my opinion on Harden. Glad it bothers you so much and Incubus fooking sucks.

6. riko

riko Member

Harden literally makes any offense better instantly. He has uncanny ability at generating great looks for bigs, wings and guards just with all time great court vision.

blue_eyed_devil and clos4life like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

One can dream. I’m just hesitant to mortgage the future on him because even if we make the playoffs I just can’t trust him there anymore. I really can’t.

8. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

James Harden is a waste of time, he will hinder the development of potential playmakers. Does anyone else here want to win a championship? James has proven he is incapable of winning a title, and he’s only getting worse with age.

We better not give this guy a Lillard albatross contract.

BlastOff and ACL1 like this.
  9. Landry's Tooth

Harden helps more on the court than just veterans who can help more in practice and huddles.

You're not playing Danny Green over Jalen or KPJ...

10. s3ts

s3ts Member

I really have a hard time understanding championship or tank mentality. We really need to just look at potential moves as potential moves, and think if it’s right for the Rockets in terms of giving it the best chance for success.

Asking for a championship at any point for this particular team is really not a simple thing. We really should be asking to make playoffs and make some rounds.

I was pretty happy reaching WCF twice. I think there are a lot of franchises that do not make it that far, and we should celebrate those moments and hope that they come back to us asap.

11. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

I do not want to tank, the roster as is will lose regardless because our guards are awful. Every move the Rockets make should be a stepping stone towards winning a title. Making the playoffs is a step along the path to winning a championship, but we do not want to cap out at the Trail Blazers pretender status.

All I want as a Rockets fan is to win a championship in my lifetime. The freaking Raptors and Bucks won titles, we can too. I don’t understand your bridesmaid mentality.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Hell yeahs man!!

13. Asian Sensation

Watch the game. Harden’s daddy is killing it.

14. s3ts

s3ts Member

? Wtf is a bridesmaid mentality?

Comparing circumstances with other franchises makes 0 sense. I was really happy to see some other teams finally being able to get some chips.

Trailblazers are in a **** situation today, not sure why you have to **** on that franchise too when they had plenty of misfortunes the same ways we did.

Rockets won some w Olajuwon and we got close w Harden. It’s not that bad. Can we do better? Sure. But hindsight is 20-20. Future sucks more now that we traded away Harden, but that should’ve been well-understood. We were gonna be screwed for a decade the moment we decided to trade Harden away.

You should try to better match expectations to reality. I too want to see a championship before I die, but I’m not gonna start expecting one until I see a few breakthroughs. And even with breakthroughs, they can always screw it up, so no expectations.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

at this point you can't call Asian a hater. If you look at everything objectively and place it next to what's best for the rockets...its hard to find fault in what he's saying. I was pulling hard for James and like most post seasonal pivotal games it feels like a gut punch the way his brain goes haywire. Tatum who has far less experience took him to school on clutchness while James was playing with a better cast (don't give me BS about it please, people will always deflect on his teammates regardless of how good they are) and still got owned.

He is probably the foil to the clutchness people tlak about Jordan and Kobe. When talking about how someone succumbs under pressure I don't see how his name isn't the first to be brought up. Tremendous generational skill that goes into a mode people have to come up with concussion and othe rexcuses for to justify

keep him away. Thanks for the good regular season games but we need to tank and maximize prospects

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. xaos

xaos Member

Beautiful

dmoneybangbang and DaDakota like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Haha, do you actually think it's his decision?

Shut up and listen! to who has run the franchise his way since 2018.

The Inappropriate Coach of the Year has been rescued from basketball purgatory.

He's staff though.

Staff.

Also, props to Iko for his interview, here's live shot of him prepping his questions:

[​IMG]

19. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

He crapped on some of these same Rockets players on his way out years ago. Why would they want to play with him now? He's definitely not coming if he wants anything near a max contract. Even the Rockets aren't that stupid...well I hope lol

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

How many of those players are even left on the team?

SamFisher likes this.