1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m not opposed to signing Harden, but I think years and $ matter. There is a point where paying Harden a certain amount for x years is not good for the long-term success of the team.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He can quit if he don't like it

- TF/JH

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden limiting what others can become isn’t rooted in any facts. What skilled perimeter player has he limited? CP3 before his hamstring? No. Kyrie? No. KD? No. Maxey? No. Westbrook who’s not that skilled, but still needs the ball in his hands? No

Idc if the Rockets play fast, I care if they play smart and efficient…Celtics were 24th in pace under Ime…he’s coached 1 year, we don’t know how fast or how slow he prefers to run things

The Nets with Harden were 11th in pace. The Sixers this year were 27th, but they also have Embiid’s big ass.

Harden won’t be able to process the game fast enough mentally for this team? Seriously? He is always looking to pass it ahead if available and will get guys the ball if they run the floor. The only one in Philly who looked to run the floor was Maxey.

Harden isn’t stopping anyone from getting “reps”…Kyrie, KD, Maxey, Westbrook, Embiid, etc all got reps, but somehow these young guys won’t…

I’m not looking for Harden to carry us through the playoffs so whether or not he can be the primary guy on a playoff team doesn’t mean much to me…I care more about if we can even get to the playoffs to begin with

jcmoon, BMoney and YOLO like this.
  5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

James Harden will introduce every strip club to our young players.

DCHAMP likes this.
  6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Harden is great at outlet passing off of a defensive rebound. Speed in the half court is benefitted by great court vision and accurate passing. Harden has never been fast, but he has always hit the open man in stride or right in their perfect shooting position. Having Harden will not slow down our transition game.

jcmoon and Plowman like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

they already go there, or did u forget Sterling Brown, KPJr, and whoever else was with them on the road in Miami

8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

H-Town strippers are like basketball whisperers, let the kids have their fun.

9. riko

riko Member

Ima actually coached harden in Brooklyn

10. Htown's Finest

Because you're looking for a quick fix. I don't care if we make the play in /playoffs next season or the season after that. I care about developing our guys properly. These kids need to take their lumps, I want Jalen Green to get all his 4-20 shooting games out of his system early in his career. I don't want to see Jalen Green standing in the wing while Harden tries to break his man down only to pass it to Jalen Green with 3 seconds left on the shot clock. I don't want Harden turning Green into Maxey. I'm thinking about 4-5 years from now the development of these guys. I want to know if Green can turn into our version of Tatum or Brown. You gotta throw them against the wall and whatever sticks sticks. You and I both know Reeko that if Harden comes back to this team he is going to 100% believe this is his team again (and rightfully so since he would technically be the best player on the team). But sometimes you gotta slow down to speed up. This rebuild is going to take time, have patience my friend.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  11. Htown's Finest

I'm talking about our half court offense being slowed down. How many times does James Harden barely beat the eight second clock? We are too young and athletic to play slow. We need to have these young guns running up and down the court all game long since youth and speed are too our advantage.

12. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

You don't think they know about them already

13. riko

riko Member

Ima actually coached harden in Brooklyn
    jersey retirement party

14. dmoneybangbang

Harden has played one way since coming to Houston. Is that way limiting to our current roster, I’d argue yes.

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

maxey does not just stand around waiting on Harden to throw him the ball. Do you actually watch the games?

16. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Harden is a pass first player now

He won't be taking away shots from the young players dont worry

17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Im leaning toward wanting him back. I think the benefits outweigh the risks. I do think he has to realize this isnt the previous era though.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Then we don't need him now.

19. dmoneybangbang

Pass first after holding the ball for 20 seconds.

PeterKingX likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Jalen Green chucking at low efficiency out there looking clueless with no good PG play or elite playmaker beside him is what’s best for his development? Maybe to u, but certainly not to me

Was Kyrie just standing on the wing? Was Westbrook? Was KD? No.

just cause u say something doesn’t make it true

yeah, if you have little to no offensive game, you’ll be standing in the corner spotting up…last I checked, Jalen Green doesn’t fit in that category

Were Tatum and Brown just chucking anything getting all the “4-20 games out of their system” to start their NBA career? No, they weren’t

Tatum averaged 10 and 13 shots a game his 1st 2 years…

Jaylen Brown didn’t take as many shots a game as Jalen Green did last year until he was in year 5…

Jalen Green took 18 shots a game last year fighting with no one for touches or shots. Maxey took 15 shots a game playing next to Harden and leading scorer/monster usage Embiid. In games with Harden and no Embiid, Maxey took 20 shots a game and averaged 25 ppg. Wait, why wasn’t he just in the corner getting no touches and shots next to Harden only getting the ball with 3 seconds on the clock? That’s the narrative right?

How on earth did Kyrie find time to average 27, 5 and 5 in the games he played with Harden taking 21 shots a night? Because we all know that Harden limits perimeter players

and we wish Harden could do for Green’s efficiency what he did for Tyrese Maxey’s

Tyrese Maxey’s 2 point percentage with Harden on the court: 55%

Tyrese Maxey’s 2 point percentage with Harden off: 49%

Tyrese Maxey’s 3 point percentage with Harden on the court: 44%

Tyrese Maxey’s 3 point percentage with Harden off the court: 42%

Tyrese Maxey’s TS% with Harden on the court: 64%

Tyrese Maxey’s TS% with Harden off the court: 59%

Tyrese Maxey’s eFG% with Harden on the court: 60%

Tyrese Maxey’s eFG% with Harden off the court: 54%

YOLO likes this.