1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

Tbh, if it's for lifestyle, he should probably consider the Lakers who can make some cap space room next summer. At least with Lebron and Davis he could win there.

2. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Bartenders and Strippers REJOICE!

Merry Christmas!!!

VanityHalfBlack and sirjesse like this.
  3. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

The thing is, he hasn't won yet. He shouldn't come back until he has already won. Why is he punting so early when he still has several chances left?

Mr Woods likes this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And what exactly has either players accomplished that Harden hasn’t?

5. xaos

xaos Member

I do not want Harden back here unless it's on a great deal and he understands he's not the franchise player here. Ultimately, I don't think he would do both of those things. So, I'm 90% no and 10% yes on any reunion with Harden. I completely agree that he shoyld be ring chasing, not mentoring 20 year olds. Figured I'd say that before I comment on the other stuff.

But, to put the pther stuff like you put it, completely disregards so many important details of us bottoming out.

Rockets had to pick a direction with the Harden trade: either scrap together OK talent and try to claw their way into the playoffs without any real assets to improve (thanks to the worst trade in history: Westbrook).

Rockets picked the bottoming out method, which has always had a timeline of 3 years. Our goal was blatantly obvious... get as many high end assets through the draft to either build around or use in a trade. This is the last year of that, so the moves the Rockets will make this offseason will look different than the last few years. We'll be looking to compete. I still don't think any of the guys you mentioned outside of Lillard would be worth advanced discussions, but even he wouldn't make a much sense.

Either way, Harden isn't a guy you bring in to mentor young guys, but we would improve overall by a lot. He also wouldn't be the only move we make. Rockets have the Nets picks/swaps until 2027, a few young studs, a ton of cap space, and a few young players who overlap (part of rebuilding). I'd hope Rockets use those 4 things wisely and don't chase use all their cap on guys like Harden. But if he were to come here cheap, we use the cap space on a guy like Turner and trade some of those picks/a young player or two for a second star it wouldn't be the end of the world.

saleem likes this.
  6. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Win and title then come home a dish dimes next year to a team that desperately needs a PG. Maybe he can bring something out if Silas where he actually coaches a game instead of staring and clapping.

7. a time to chill

If James Harden was more focused he would've closed out Golden State in 2018 when they were up 3-2 and Paul got injured. He couldn't lead the team to win just one more game. You're asking the wrong question. The question is what could've been if Harden was a better teammate?

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden at the first news conference after returning to the Rockets: "Returning to Houston was what I always planned to do."

xaos likes this.
  10. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

If he want's to come here you absolutely take him
    Of course for a pay cut/appropriate salary.
    You also have max cap space to try to pick up as many free agents as you can in the same off season
    You don't own the next picks anyways so the tank train is over

Dobbizzle likes this.
  11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Lmao the amount of hatred you guys have for the second greatest Rocket ever is astounding man.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Like I give a crap what Mr. Moore thinks lmao.

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Fire Silas, cutting Nix, moving KPJ to a different role/team, and moving EG are a good way to make a push.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden
    Green
    Tari
    Bari
    Wemby

let’s get it

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Real reasons to pass:
    Land the 2nd pick and draft Henderson
    Too expensive/injury risk that could really hurt our cap situation in the future
    Rather go with a younger vet that can better align with our young core

Hater/fantasyland reasons to pass:
    He’s washed/sucks already
    Bad influence/Choker/Destroys every team he’s ever been on

My perspective
    A. He’s not leaving Philly and all this discussion is pointless, other than to identify more people to add to the ignore list
    B. If for some less than .000001% he ends up wanting to leave Philly, I’d rather go with a younger vet that can better align with our young core.

HP3 likes this.
  17. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

No ****. I knew he was coming back and so did some people, like Redninetyfour on twitter based on how it ended. It wasn't a "**** you" divorce, it was Tilman basically telling James to get his ring and come back afterwards.

18. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2022-12-25_14-11-49.gif

19. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2022-12-25_14-13-27.gif

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

u are talking to the same folks who said they rather watch us lose playing team ball than harden iso ball.

I'm not surprised that some folks would rather watch kpj impersonate harden rather than harden himself.

HP3 likes this.