1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Harden continues to push for trade despite Wall’s arrival

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 14, 2020.

?

Where will Harden end up?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2020.
  1. Houston

98 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Brooklyn

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Philadelphia

105 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Miami

42 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Others

24 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Daryl ain’t pulling one over Rafa; Rafa ain’t pulling one over Daryl. (If Tilman gets involved, all bets are off. ;):oops:)

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

get 'er done, Murray

4. csc177

csc177 Member

The only X factor is morey’s love for harden. The harden trade made his career - trading for him again would make for a helluva sports documentary

5. Nook

Nook Member

No, I haven't heard anything directly but I am reading the tea leaves....... Tucker was held back "for rest" when the Rockets have rode him like a mule for years and that was odd. Then you have John Wall after the second game interview showing some real doubt when discussing Harden.... then there is the media members like Clutch that seem to be coming to a conclusion that Harden will be dealt. Also, from what I know about Harden, he is determined and hard headed, and he seems pretty determined to leave.

There is always a chance that Harden changes his mind because the field of possible teams is small. However, when I see teams like the Heat and Jimmy Butler purposely interject themselves into the conversation, that isn't good. We don't know who has Harden's ear..... is it still KD? Is Jimmy Butler building a relationship right now which will lead Harden into sabotaging the Rockets to force a trade there? Butler did that and got what he wanted.

I will say this, the longer Harden in on the Rockets, the less likely he is traded...... but when I see the Westbrook deal happen on the eve of camp when he wasn't going to practice (regardless of what he said after the fact) for what was a little light on a return.... it makes me wonder. There is even a little part of me that thinks it isn't absurd that he is dealt today to avoid the media stuff.

So ask yourself, why is Harden now agreeing to practice and be professional? Is it because he thinks it is the right thing to do? Possible but more likely he has an agreement with the Rockets to take care of his business while the Rockets try to work out a trade.

I knew this was inevitable if the Rockets did not win a title, but I expected he would demand a trade after this season.

6. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

They are lottery tickets. We'd be gambling on Embiid not staying healthy and Harden not being happy.

FatSeagal likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

When has Harden ever cried to the media?

When has he ever been like Kyrie?

Why do you care if he talks, just so you can b**** about what he said?

FatSeagal, Reeko and clutchdabear like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This all comes back to Tilman. Well done.

9. csc177

csc177 Member

Just promise me guys that when the dust settles, you won’t burn Harden’s jersey. Please. Let’s not be that fan base.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Everything is on the table. I would burn the shorts too.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah!

Wait

O no

Os Trigonum likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That’s the bottom line. It’s so scary.

SmallBallDoesntWork likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

My question is why would Harden even like Wall's instagram posts?

BHannes2BHonest and bballjunkie like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And if harden does not want to go there the package changes drastically, no team is gonna trade premium assets for a player who does not want to be there.

Let's at least be realistic.

He definitely has veto power if Houston wants anything like a great return. :

saleem likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

when has harden deliberately missed the beginning of camp?

when has harden been this silent while putting out publicly trade demands?

People care if he talks because hes still the current face of the rockets franchise. And what he says can actually paint a clearer picture moving forward. right now were all wondering about this and that

DVauthrin likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

again what he wants at the end of the day doesn't matter. It only matters if the rocket FO is willingly going to accommodate it. that's the only thing that matters in this case. He has 0 veto power. he can put out a list of all the teams he wants. If the rockets FO choose none of those teams and decide to go another route, there's absolutely nothing harden can do about it

DVauthrin likes this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Woj is a known Morley leaker/pawn. I'm convinced Morley is using Woj to put pressure on Stone. Hopefully Stone has "his" leakers to play Morley's silly games.

csc177 and bballjunkie like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

All of that does not equate to him crying to the media if he has not already cried to the media when everybody is taking shots why would he do it in the future?

Makes no sense.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i've had the same feeling as you, that once this guy decides something there's little if any going back. but i'm leaning towards the reason being that he doesn't think the league office will allow LAL to lose before the finals. all the other reasons suggested thus far have too many holes

Nook likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure what this even means?