1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Harden continues to push for trade despite Wall’s arrival

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 14, 2020.

?

Where will Harden end up?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2020.
  1. Houston

98 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Brooklyn

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Philadelphia

105 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Miami

42 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Others

24 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Nook

Nook Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not saying otherwise but Wall didn't do much in DC either when he was fully healthy, nothing in the direction of contending.

He might be a more efficient shooter and better passer but I do not think he is that much better.

Let's just say without Harden temporarily lacing it up, he has more freedom as a No 1 option and it makes him look better than in Washington at times where Brad Beal took charge.

What he is good at though, he knows Cousins by heart so he is likely getting Boogie started again.

3. SmallBallDoesntWork

Sure sounds like they only recently talked to philly and or is trying to put pressure on brooklyn to find a 3rd team... I want absolutely no part in a trade with miami who imo offer is worse than brooklyns

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

miami has the better player to return in my opinion.

Ben Simmons is trash

ashleyem likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Wish they had a spine and would just keep him. Bad for the league having stars demand trades with multiple years left.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Sources: Rockets let Harden know their intent not to trade him yet and to give this a chance. Both expressed that they would remain professional through this process.

Patience likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Fantasma Negro

Trade him to Cleveland

9. REEKO_HTOWN

Sucks to see a guy throw his legacy away like this. He could have been a legend in this city but will have to settle for a McGrady knock off.

10. SmallBallDoesntWork

I hate ben as well. He was born 30 years too late. I just think we might be having recency bias with Herro, im not sold on him either.

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Harden already is 2x the player McGrady ever was, and has had 10x better career as a Rocket. If this ends in a messy divorce, that will be unfortunate, but it doesn't change that Harden is the 2nd best Rocket of all time, imo.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

That's mostly my argument. You have to be a shooter to be a valid NBA players. You have to be a threat from 3 to unlock defenses in this league.

bballjunkie likes this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't throw away anything. Dude will still be Houston legend. Some of you fans are way too sensitive to this "loyalty" BS.

McGrady knock off, lol. Seriously man? McGrady did **** in this City. Harden, even though no championship, gave us some exciting years. I don't really care how he is leaving, usually this seems to be standard protocol for most stars leaving their team, unless you can get them out of here quickly (i.e. Russ being traded immediately from OKC last year).

14. REEKO_HTOWN

Harden isn't on Moses Malone level. So he might be 3rd best

Patience likes this.
  15. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

James can push and push and push all he wants...
    No trade unless you send back a bonafide star, or a star in the making + only useful players (No trash contracts in return) + multiple #1's..

As of now no contending team wants to gut their team for Harden.
    So since that's the case....Then bring your beard along with your Ego back to Houston and get to work.

Stone better not let teams low ball him for Harden...Hang the phone up in their faces.
    Let them know you mean business and will not get taking advantage of. (Being a rookie GM and all)
    Stand firm and get the assets you want.
    If you want Harden...Make an offer Stone can't refuse

Y2JT and ClutchFam like this.
  16. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Fair, but McGrady isn't even in the conversation. He is somewhere around Steve Francis level.

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

he'll still be remembered sure for his run here but at the end of the day, this will absolutely leave a bad taste in the average rockets fan's mouth. It's the classic what have you done for me lately. The way he's going out, especially if its sooner rather than later and how he forced it in the manner he did, just isn't something many are going to overlook. a lot of us talk about taking the easy way out and competing. This isn't it from a competitive standpoint.

bballjunkie and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Not just average fans. I’ve loved Hardens years here, his development and putting Houston at least in conversations for contenders.
    Leaving like this will taint a lot of that built up credit and the respect I had for the way he went about things. Turns out he’s just another diva in the KD and Bron mold.

20. riko

riko Member

The longer you wait at this point the lower his value drops with all these media bombs. At this rate a club sandwich and Tobias Harris will be his value by January. Take Herro, Robinson and picks

Boston84 likes this.