1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Harden continues to push for trade despite Wall’s arrival

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 14, 2020.

?

Where will Harden end up?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2020.
  1. Houston

98 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Brooklyn

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Philadelphia

105 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Miami

42 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Others

24 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Exactly, Simmons got hurt early in the bubble, left bubble for surgery, and never returned. Hasn't played since.

BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Enough with the Woj & ESPN propaganda leaking TF disinformation.

Harden is a Rocket and will remain so until he isnt.

None of this BS is breaking news.

WOJ is a POS.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

My preference above all is Jaylen Brown, Marchs Smart and picks but I am mostly just ready to trade him and get it over with.

mario elie likes this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

regarding embiid, dude has been injured his entire career so not much more hope there vs wall/wood, and i really don't believe tilbitch is gonna trade james for non-stars -- that fuker is all about splash tryin to sell season ticket packages. and herro (who i love) is not a marquee $ draw, so i can't see any path for a harden/butler/bam trio

D-rock likes this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

fukin media whores

CXbby, bobloblaw, dreamshakin and 3 others like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Exactly. Embiid as skilled as he is, displays slow movements and is injury prone.

If I were the Sixers, I'd bet on Ben.

Loki27, Patience and pippendagimp like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

his health is iffy for sure, but if he doesn’t miss the season, then Harden, Embiid, Harris as 3rd option, and shooters is definitely a contender and has an excellent chance of making it to the finals...then there’s Morey being there who I have no doubt he trusts way more than Tilman and Stone

I feel the same way about Tilman, but I can’t see Miami ever offering both Bam and Herro, so if Harden were to end up there, then it’s only because we took a Herro trade package IMO

pippendagimp likes this.
  8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

LeBron also wisely signed short term deals.

Loki27, ipaman and Jontro like this.
  9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Lol you can't be serious

Loki27 likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

The disinformation has become so blatantly contradictory but in line with the Trumpian era we live in, these media fvck's dont even care.

sirjesse and pippendagimp like this.
  11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Well, the NBA will never be the same. It’s always gonna be about the team’s market size... just like baseball where everyone else is basically a farm system for the big teams. The harder you try the more the league is gonna push back and create “drama” and story lines. No real use. Harden is now privy to that after YEARS of trying. The league is clearly to conjuring up a dynasty for the venerable king James and solidify his name as the the God of Hoop.

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

The media is owned by the dems. Should I back up my assertion for you?

Loki27 likes this.
  13. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

So go to Philly where Joel is always injured or Brooklyn where KD is coming off an Achilles and Kyrie might roll off the edge of the earth?

clutchdabear, Deuce, jiggyfly and 2 others like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not talking about politics, I'm pointing out behavior.

There is a difference.

16. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Okay, and? This is the same guy that forced CP3 out.

He’s gonna have to not have complete control over his destiny like Hakeem, Kobe, and Pippen.

Harden’s optimism is a James Harden problem. Not a Houston Rockets problem as it is.

We’ll play this out and see how the team looks.

This is by far the most athletic team he’s had in Houston.

They have the depth of individual skill of the 14 or 17 rosters, probably more, but high level talent in Wall and Wood.

Nwaba cumulative impact score(like avg across PIPM, RPM, RAPTOR), is higher than RoCo’s, with impact stats rating him as elite wing defender. Not good like House, or solid like Ariza. Elite.

And Nwaba is young and is coming off a year of a 53/43/67 year(63 TS%).

Harden isn’t some scout or GM. He clearly doesn’t know **** about what it takes to build a contender based on his moves lately.

This team has a lot going.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

MacMahon is another TF codpiece.

Deuce likes this.
  18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Market sucks for Harden at least the pelicans received a decent package for Davis with an already awaiting Zion. Something has to give or we get straight hosed!

19. Nook

Nook Member

There is a lot going on.

Harden has given the Rockets 8 tries and the WCF is as far as they got, where the second best player (who was older) got hurt and it required Harden to beat one of the best teams ever assembled by himself.

Then last year Westbrook gets hurt, he plays terrible and then takes no responsibility.

Harden sees the three people he is closest to the team demand to go elsewhere and leave.... he sees the 4th person he is closest to say he wants to go to another team where he is appreciated.

He sees Jimmy Butler demand a trade, and then end up in Miami in the East and make it to the Finals. He sees LeBron James get Anthony Davis and win a title........ He saw KD leave and win a title.

Harden also likely has a pretty good idea of how good this Rockets team can be. He played with Wood, Cousins and Wall this off season... he knows what they are and are not capable of.

Also, I know that KG speaks to Harden, and KG is a big proponent of players leaving to win a title....... Harden hears that...... and Harden isn't 25 anymore, time is winding down and he needs to win soon or he wont. He doesn't want to be the best player to never win a title...

It has nothing to do with the city of Houston...... he would rather win in Houston.... however this team hasn't won a title in 25 years.... the owner is cheap..... the GM is a rookie and so is the coach.

Would you objectively want to stick around? I think not.

20. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

some valid points but would a two year rental be worth it for a superstar?

imagine trading for two years of prime Kobe or Jordan etc... then worry about convincing to stay.

#300 BHannes2BHonest, Dec 14, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    D-rock likes this.