1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Harden continues to push for trade despite Wall’s arrival

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 14, 2020.

?

Where will Harden end up?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2020.
  1. Houston

98 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Brooklyn

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Philadelphia

105 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Miami

42 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Others

24 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I see those Nets guys + picks as well-priced & moveable assets that lead to an eventual objective. You get Simmons... okay, now what?

jiggyfly and icewill36 like this.
  2. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

It wouldn't be surprising for a Houston GM to do a stupid trade here, remember trading a stud WR for a broken down RB and a pack of gum?

D-rock, DVauthrin and Rocket River like this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...on-houston-rockets-james-harden-pushing-trade
    The only important information in the article. Anyone know what time practice is today?

4. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

I’m sure deep down JJ Watt hates playing here and probably hates upper management too how they handled the team over the years, and also knows he will probably never win a championship here but you don’t see him pouting and going about it being known he wants to be traded.

FatSeagal likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

“I don’t think it’s any secret that I don’t have 10 years left in this league,” Watt said, via Sarah Barshop of ESPN.com. “I personally believe that I do have a few more great ones left in me. But you also can’t . . . I’m not looking to rebuild. I’m looking to go after a championship, and that’s what I want to do. So, whatever is in the best interest of the Houston Texans, that’s in the best interest of myself.”

He certainly isn't opposed to it though

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This isn't the NFL, not an apples to apples comparison at all. I get your point, just saying that NFL star players don't get the treatment that an NBA player does. Maybe an NFL QB, but not a defensive guy.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

• Dec. 22, 2020 – Mar. 4, 2021 – First Half of regular season
    • March 5-10 – All-Star Break
    • The trade deadline is officially set for Thursday, Feb. 6, at 3 p.m. ET.
    72 Games this season
    If the Rockets are 22-9 (70%) at the half point in the season - Then I think Harden will be good to go full throttle.

Rockets Will have played 23 games by the Trade Deadline
    Is 16-7 Possible? That is a 70 winning clip.

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

70% clip is going to be tough with all the new pieces and new coach. I'm thinking 55 to 60% is more realistic. I haven't looked at the schedule, so I'm not even sure what the degree of difficulty is. Anyone has SOS data?

D-rock likes this.
  9. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Espn and even Stephen A have been constantly instigating a trade for Harden and how he has better shot for a title with other teams other than the Rockets. Its funny how all of these analysts completely ignore what Rockets could really want to make the team better and are only focusing on what Harden wants.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

The poll question is missing a time element. Where will he end up *by when*? He has a lot of time left on his contract. I think he's in Houston, at least until the trade deadline, maybe longer. If it doesn't work out here, he gets traded later on.

D-rock, Patience and MIAGI99 like this.
  11. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

It's true. They only focus on the team getting Harden and not the other half of the equation. It's silly, and borderline unprofessional. At least put some effort into these trade scenarios.

D-rock, Magicsaint and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

Want to see if he actually would sit out

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

My thoughts exactly.

When Morey left I knew what the deal was.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Talk to me when Football players have this type of leverage and they are not shells of their former selves because of multiple injuries.

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I know morey is dying to get James and fulfill his dream of getting a title with him. he always said it would be his biggest failure if it never happened. if he doesn't pull the trigger some other east team will get him. James could end up being the one that prevents him from finally winning it all. i wonder if he didn't think this was possible tilman would deal with him why he made so many promises to Simmons. Simmons and embiid simply don't fit. swapping for James makes guys like Tobias better.

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that guy needs a new camera for Christmas

D-rock, Patience and BossHogg713 like this.
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Does this guy know what focus is? Shakey hands? Unacceptable photo quality from a still position in 2020.

19. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Different situation. Coach and GM in one. BOB had personal issues with Nuk and is quite the moron.

20. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

He will def never work for Bangbros.