1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Woj] Harden continues to push for trade despite Wall’s arrival

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Dec 14, 2020.

?

Where will Harden end up?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2020.
  1. Houston

98 vote(s)
    35.4%
  2. Brooklyn

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Philadelphia

105 vote(s)
    37.9%
  4. Miami

42 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Others

24 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Hes good friends with John Wall

apollo33 likes this.
  2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Get that loser outta here.

3. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Harden can be traded anywhere. He doesn't have a no trade clause

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Of course it matters if the Rockets want to maximize what they get back.

Do you think the rockets don't care what they get back?

You are just not being realistic.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nope, it doesn't matter. You're not even seeing the point. Harden having 0 veto power has exactly nothing to do with what his options are when it's the FO that can decide to trade him anywhere they want. Whether it's considered the best move or not is another discussion. you're under the impression that he controls everything here. he doesn't

DVauthrin likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why would he not be crying to media now when everybody is taking shots at him?

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

True, but he can pull a Steve Francis like move. By the way, does he have a trade kicker in his contract?

8. SmallBallDoesntWork

Can this just be over already! I don't want this to drag on like Dwight Howards saga years ago

RocketStan likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

is everybody taking shots at him? Who's this everybody? The only thing we see in the media is all his trade preferences. Is that shots? I'm confused at the shots/crying take here

saleem likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

no

saleem likes this.
  11. saleem

Good to know that.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He played pickup ball with him during the very short off-season (there's video) and liked what he saw.

Also genuinely likes the guy, in my opinion. Probably pushed for the Wall/Westbrook trade. There were rumbles about that. So he feels bad about leaving Wall in the lurch, if that's what he's going to do (looks like that's what he's trying to do).

Reason #1, in my opinion? If Harden leaves, he feels very bad about leaving John Wall in the clutches of one Mr. Tilman (My **** don't stink. Really!) Fertitta.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dude you are just being obtuse and arguing a point that is not realistic, we both know that to get the most capitol he has to be traded to team that he wants to go to.

I have never said he controls everything, I don't know where that comes from.

Yes if they don't care about maximizing the asset they can trade him where they want but do you think that actually happens?

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We had a good run, guys

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Problem is nobody is willing to trade for him because of his attitude.

Harden has ruined his rep forever.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

what in the world are you talking about. going to the team he wants to go to does not mean that team is giving the most capitol. I have no idea where you got that from because that's simply not reality. He wants to go to the Nets. So you're saying they have the most capitol. I'd say hell no

He's going to a team where the rockets FO feels they get the most back. It does not matter who that is. If it's someone like the nets so be it. But you're talking as if it has to be. Again no it doesn't. he has 0 control over where he goes. It comes down to a matter of being willing to cater to harden's list or not. and how much

DVauthrin and saleem like this.
  17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

me and my buddy were talking about this. Harden may have blessed the move for Wall, but that doesn't mean he was still invested in the team. If he had already made up his mind that he wanted to bolt, blessing Wall may not have been the big deal folks think it was. You can say nice things about players; it doesn't mean you are staying. No reason to scuttle a deal if you don't care either.

Reeko and YOLO like this.
  18. saleem

Be patient. The Rockets will have more leverage if they hold on to him. Philly and co might increase their offers to an acceptable level.

bballjunkie likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You have got to be joking?

Just listen to any NBA podcast on the the Ringer or ESPN or the many articles written by those same outlets.

There is a thread where Simmons directed a whole podcast about how what Harden is doing is different from anybody else and the owners need to do something about it.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hey, if we end up with Simmons, there's a possibility that we can start another. More than a possibility if Ferntits has to sell the team because he's going "t*** up!" financially, in my opinion.

J Sizzle likes this.