1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Frank, Sampson and Brown The Serious Candidates

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, May 6, 2011.

1. Houston_Rockets

[​IMG]

For me according to the possibilities, but I hope Sam Cassell can be apart of the coaching staff, or a player development guy for Houston, I think guys like Lowry would take another step in his game with him monitoring his development, Lowry should master his mid-range game instead of getting in love with that 3 ball like he did alot of times this year. Attack the rim and understand how to get space between him and the defender on the mid-range game, should be his bread and butter to score the ball. He has to keep dishing the rock like he does nicely, but he has to be a 15 pt consistent scorer for us. The mid-range game opens up the game for you, and Sam was a master of it. Even K-mart would love a guy like Sam, I think KM is alot better at 3pt shooting then Mid-range shooter, and one of the reasons IMO is separation from the defenders (not talking about catch and shoot occasions).

PeAcE

1 person likes this.
  2. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I was hoping that joke would have resulted in some funny Rocket themed yalmukah Photoshop action.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed

Rocket River

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's see what happens.

As far as I'm concerned, Casey is miles ahead of the peanut gallery that WOJ trotted out.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

If we get Brown, I'm not watching next year.

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I'd still watch, but I'd be pissed. I don't care what anybody says, Mike Brown is not a good coach.
    Fortunately though, Brown has already taken himself out of the running according to Ric Bucher .

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'll take Casey. Can't understand why he hasn't gotten another head coaching job. Completely mystifies me.

If it's down to Frank and Casey, I'm OK with the process.

8. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i'm ok with anyone of them...Frank or Casey...seems solid.

9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Like.

10. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Since when is having a bunch of guys tell you what you want to hear a stoke of genius? Do you really think any of these guys are telling them that this team is not packed full of talent and they can with them now?

11. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

With Brown out of the way, its looks like Casey and Frank stand out so far. I dont think they have a predetermined decision just yet. They might like someone else more from the remaining candidates. Shaw remains a wild card.

12. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Yeah, I too am going for Casey. He was given a chance with a Minnesota team which had KG and nobody (and was at 500 when he got fired).

Frank was horrible in NJ. The guy had 6.5 years there, took over a team which was pretty much fresh off a finals appearance and they got worse pretty much every year. I do not want him at all.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly on all accounts.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Because the NBA does not care about collegiate infractions. The rules and culture in the NBA. I was also surprised that a number of people in the NBA were impressed with Sampson... but supposedly he really gets the pro game and handles players very well. He is a boom or bust candidate. However, he is very bright and charasmatic.. I could see Morey really liking him.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Don't waste your time arguing with the 10 percenters who simply didn't like Adelman no matter what facts are presented. They don't deserve that respect.

16. PeppermintCandy

Call me short-sighted but I just can't get worked up about who Morey and Alexander picks as the new coach. As long as he's not completely incompetent, it should be fine.

The only thing I'm interested in is a viable plan to get the star players to build around, be it by tanking, trading or whatever. Until I feel that's in place, everything else feels like icing on a non-existent cake.

17. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope it's Casey - and he brings along Chandler as a house warming present :grin:

Living in Dallas and watching the Mavs transform themselves around a paint protector like Chandler has made me that much more upset that we lost out on him this past off-season. He would absolutely bring a presence and leadership to the Rockets.

18. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Frank is terrible with a T. He had a vet ball club and they led the league in losses in the last 2 mins of games. Thats tells me the guys didn't have confidence into what he was selling. I don't like him at all. I think Casey would do fine if given the chance. If mchale had it to do over, he wouldve kept casey.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Sam is my first choice, but Casey would be a close second along with Elie.

20. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

You could be right, unfortunately.

From a Nets fan: