1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Frank, Sampson and Brown The Serious Candidates

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, May 6, 2011.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lol. Funny site.

But note that Adelman did have a Jew Score of 5 -- one more than JVG.

Adelman scored most on the last criteria.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Why would he do that? I really think he has learned his lesson. I agree, if he is a good coach, why does what he did in the past really matter. I really doubt he does that again, considering all that crap he got for it.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

We had a lot of hard workers but the discipline to play consistent defense was not there. Even Adelman said that as did some of the players. You never heard that under JVG and I doubt you would under Frank either.

4. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Here's how I rank them

1.Frank Vogel
    2.Lawrence Frank
    3.Kalvon Sampson

Last.Mike Brown

The first I look it at is how much can any of these candidates develop our young players and I see Vogel at the top of that and I think Sampson is better than what the fans think he is ..

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Careless, big mouth?? Relationship building like what a recruiter naturally does? "Scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours."

I don't know, just explaining possibilities.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ask this guy about violating the rules in the NBA
    [​IMG]

"His name isn't Dave Nice. . . it's David Stern" - Kevin McHale

Rocket River

7. CXbby

CXbby Member

Hopefully he learned his lesson and the third time he won't get caught. Are people naive enough to think there is no tampering in the NBA? That Miami's big 3 really just formed out of thin air? Seems like what we are missing is a slimeball like Riley.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Remember . . .Riley was hit with tampering before. . . When he almost had
    J Howard to play with Alanzo Mourning . . . .
    the league had to step in then

This time the League let him slide
    because they wanted 'the big 3' in Miami

Rocket River
    Stern giveth . . Stern taketh away

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I watched the Cavs extensively when LeBron was there. The only thing I'll give Mike Brown credit for is getting guys to put out on defense. In addition to being clueless on offense, Brown is a sorry game manager. He screams to me "very good assistant coach but not cut out to be the head guy".

10. inishi

inishi Member

JVG never started a 6'6 center next to scola for a season alongside bud and Kmart. That is the problem, not discipline. No rebounding, nosecensive presence. If you have a team working hard defensively, discipline really isn't the problem. The word you might be looking for is talent. Kmart is the only one I see that doesn't try as hard as he should on d. The others are just hopeless or undersized. Rick didn't have a problem with discipline when we were ranked around the top 5 defensively, or on his other teams. The problem is personnel. Lawrence frank isn't going to make chuck grow 5 inches or scola become a lockdown defender.

Most teams have trouble guarding players on the perimeter, that's how the game is played now. The thing is, they have someone behind them to cover it up. The rockets don't. Just chuck, scola and brad Miller. Oh, don't forget Jordan hill. No more Yao, or deke. Funny what a difference that makes and hownno one seems to notice it.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Man, no matter who the coach is, they will suck in comparison to RA. What a stupid move to step down like that.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Jeff Van Gundy and Rudy T must have been Jews as well. :rolleyes:

13. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Wow... someone can't take a joke

14. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

ESPN says Frank and Casey are the top two candidates:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6487916

Regardless, it appears the Rockets are going to make an offer to Frank.

Blehhhhhh.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I know you were joking dude. I apologize but I'm SO freakin tired of the logic a lot of the posters show on this board.

I mean first everyone wanted to fire JVG and complained how horrible the offense is around him. Next we hire Rick and have success in the playoffs. In between a hopeful offseason that Yao would finally be back we end up with another playoff-less season and Rick is demanded to be banished off his throne of Rick 'the Ruler' BUT mid season somehow he produces a contender for the final spot in the playoffs even as they fell short.

Now everyone is crying and whining about what an idiot Morey is and will be after letting Adelman go and interviewing guys like the HC of the team with the worst record ever and the one who couldn't win with Lebron and scrub Co.

You all can't be pleased regardless so I'm done. Yao and Tracy have left this team in shambles and the first people we look to blame are the guys trying to lift us back to greatness. Whatever, whoever Morey and Les pick I will be rooting for this team cause I have confidence that they will make the right choice while all of YOU don't. So F it, I'll ride to die.

End rant. Sorry Cheiv, that irritation wasn't meant to be directed to you.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hire them both. Frank can do home games and Case can do the road games. This way, we can have the white coach and black color commentator (Drexler) for home games and the black coach and the white color commentator (Bullard) for road games.

This will help the team learn how to overcome diversity.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Jeff Van Gandhi is Dutch-Indian, not Jewish.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess that answers that question

Rocket River

19. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

Hell, that's my favorite thing about him! (Go Illini!)

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

My guess is Casey...

IMO better than Frank, he's not even a decent coach...