1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Derek Fisher and Matt Barnes got into a physical altercation

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TMac'n, Oct 7, 2015.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Barnes said he was in Marina Del Ray when he got a text from his 6-year old son Carter around 10 p.m. that had him concerned.</p>&mdash; Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/652197274278346753">October 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Barnes said he Factimed his 6-year old son Carter to check on him and &quot;When I saw his face I knew something was wrong.&quot;</p>&mdash; Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/652197508630872064">October 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“We were on Facetime. I could see him and the look on his face.” Barnes said of Carter. &quot;That was my main reason for going over there&quot;</p>&mdash; Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/652198283998306304">October 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">&quot;I can’t believe people think I was some maniac driving 95 miles and listening to Tupac to go beat somebody up,&quot; Barnes said.</p>&mdash; Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/652198590434156545">October 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Barnes: &quot;I live 15 minutes away and I was going over to check on my kids because they seemed uncomfortable. &quot;</p>&mdash; Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/652198704103956480">October 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He declined comment on the specifics of the altercation that ensued between he and Fisher.</p>&mdash; Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/652199022556508160">October 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Man Fisher and Barnes got into a fight -- we are all winners in that one

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Why does it seem like alot of NBA/NFL players and rappers are smashing, banging, running trains on, helicoptering, and wife-ing up the same chicks? You would think you'd want to avoid that sort of y'know like Superhead, the Govan sisters, or Amber Rose...

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

the guys are ugly and rich :) sure combo

5. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

I know, it makes zero sense. Can't Derek Fischer find anyone else in the world? He's in New York City, endless pool of available women for him. So strange

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Oh I see where you're going with that. That's disgusting. How could you think like that? I'm not a homophobic but damn....

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

... and cheap shots.

8. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

He doesn't even have to stay in NYC, he could go to LA, Brazil, Eastern Europe, Egypt, Shanghai, Moscow, 16 to whatever he prefers ... No, I want to bang my crazy (with known anger issues) teammate's ex-wife who is on a popular show about women who like to capture ballers/rappers and undoubtedly gossip about it on TV or too any close by tabloid website.

People like what they like, but like is it worth it. Matt Barnes looks like the type of dude that would follow you around town and start some random s#it with a person.

9. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

Maybe Fisher is a pedo...

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

As long as she doesn't go near Doug Christie...

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

And you must be the epitome of "great looks".

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Is she really 45?!?!? JFC black really don't crack. Even just a few drops of melanin can make 40s look like 20s.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

I can see why Barnes is so mad.

14. i3artow i3aller

15. PhiSlammaJamma

She's hot.

As for Fisher, He was clearly thinking with his dick. That's ok. He shouldn't have to worry about who he dates, but clearly, anytime you enter into a relationship with a divorcee the ex will be in the picture, and you will need to be considerate of his emotions, and deal with someone who will hate you for life. So is the juice worth the squeeze. He clearly thought so. The one thing I think crosses the line is that Fisher and Barnes do work within the same organization, so there is too much line of sight, and I think that's where Fisher has to use better judgement. If you work in the same organization, I'm not gonna say it's off limits, but you just created a hostile environment.

As for Barnes, understand it all. It's hell. And he will likely live it for the rest of his life. It may take 10 years to get past it all. It doesn't condone what he did, but I think this is a normal and unfortunate reaction that has little to do with insecurity, and more to do with that almost interminable connection built through marriage. Part of that is possession. But that's a real emotion. And marriage seals it.

As for the kids. They probably did not think it through. They love their Dad. They will hate whoever their mom gets together with. And they will do what they can to shut it down. It may be that Dad squeezed them for the info, but more likely than not they wanted to disrupt the date. It worked. But that could have gone OJ. I don't think even in a 95 mile drive your emotion would be overun with logic. All you can see is that man with your wife, and it's a big raw burn.

I think this sort of thing happens everyday. Literally. It is tough for everyone involved. And every side of it is logical. Fisher and the wife deserve to be happy. Barnes is naturally gonna be distraught. And Kids are gonna try to break their mom up with whoever she is seeing.

I mean what do you do.

The only form of prevention is for Fisher to say no I'm not going there. And yet, we always go there.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no kidding. They are both idiots, who aren't worth a second thought.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no you can't. They weren't teammates. I don't know if Harden ever was hanging out with Khloe at a house that Lamar paid for or not.

Also Fisher might only be estranged from his wife, while Harden isn't married at all.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

samurai fisher?
    [​IMG]

20. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Pretty messed up situation. Read a little about it on a google search. Fisher must be a pretty bad with the ladies to be hooking up with his ex/teammates girls.