1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Sep 29, 2014.

1. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Great response, but it's still Cuban 1 Morey 0. I trust in Morey, but we gotta get out of the first round already.

Sad part is San Antonio is laughing at both.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

looks like Chandler added some bulk...

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. kayc

kayc Member

Cuban is the kinda guy that would pay incentives (like the Saints) just for the Mavs to be extra motivated against the Rockets, I believe he plays dirty, totally dislike that Man.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So was there more to Rosas leaving Dallas? I don't think we ever heard what happened. Did he just change his mind or was there something more fishy behind that, as Woj kind of implies?

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Ok. Sounds you're assuming Dirk's window has closed. I disagree but that's besides the point. Duncan and Dirk mean a lot to Mavs and Spurs I'm this aspect. The hypocrisy is strong with this fan base. Look at what happened with Parsons? The butthurt reactions.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

No, I was assuming Dallas' window was closing rapidly. They had to scramble to make moves to try to improve this year.

There are several examples of star players, who meant a lot to organizations, and still moved or were moved because the team wasn't winning enough.

Pierce
    Shaq
    Dwight
    Lebron
    Bosh

Morey can't read minds. He doesn't know what Dirk or Cuban is thinking, but a certainty was they were falling apart. San Antonio wasn't. Far from it. Why would they be interested in giving up their franchise player after coming within seconds from winning a ring? There was zero chance.

#127 RV6, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

It's awesome that all Cuban's thoughts revolve around us, apparently. Nice that Count deMorayyy tempered his response and kept it civil and still got his point across.

Honestly, revving up the Dallas Houston rivalry is smart for all of them, so it's not even something I can hate on. And it will be sweet when our team continues to outperform theirs.... record, chemistry and all.

1 person likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey just copied and pasted some of the stuff CF posters have been saying for the past couple of months. ;)

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

The point is the two situations aren't even comparable. Morey made that call the offseason after:
    - The Spurs had the third best record in the NBA
    - The Spurs won the Western Conference
    - The Spurs lost in the finals in game 7 (should have won in game 6)
    - The Mavs had the 10th best record in the west
    - The Mavs had a 50% record
    - The Mavs did not make the playoffs

How can you compare the two?

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yeah the mavs did poorly last season but lets not throw them out. The mavs have been in playoff contention as long as I can remember. They tore the chip team apart but I'm pretty sure they can build some contenders fast.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's easier to say that now...everyone falls at some point.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah I'm interested in hearing more about that too. I don't think anything significant ever came out about it. If it did I missed it. Did Cuban just hire him for intel then fire him/force him out?

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yeah but no. Those situations are very different.

Second, trust me there's another way he should've approached them if he was interested in Dirk. I have guilt myself if Dirk came here.

15. deshen

deshen Member

I'd prefer Morey to fire back on Cuban with playoff result of this season or any season rather than through media. Talk won't do damage.

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The Mavs did it by spending a hell of a lot more than anyone, back then, almost the entire playoffs were made up of luxury tax teams. On relatively even footing? they haven't shown much.

17. baubo

baubo Member

The key is that Cuban inherited Dirk and Nash upon being the owner. Both soon to hit their primes. Both would become superstars. He then let one go to sign Erik Dampier. Morey inherited in retrospect two stars on the downside of their careers, never to be fully healthy for entire seasons, and had to work to obtain Dwight and Harden. You can't just look at their results without looking at their starting point.

Cuban faced his first rebuilding after their 2011 championship, if you are to believe that team could not have remained together. And so far after 3 years he's still mired in mediocrity, ironically exactly what the Rockets experienced after they lost Yao and T-Mac. The difference being, after 3 years the Rockets had enough ammo to trade for Harden. Mavs have no real assets for the near future. I'm not so sure you can say Cuban is even more successful than Morey as a GM all things equal.

3 people like this.
  18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

still waiting on an apology (as another poster backed up my assessment of what went down)... or would that be akin to the 'hypocrisy of this fanbase' that you spoke of....

lol

#138 kjayp, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I'm starting to wonder if you actually bleed red. I'm totally ok with questioning things that the team and Morey does, but you are negative constantly. Siding with Cuban is pretty ridiculous regarding this thing.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Isn't it 1:1?

With 1 being Dwight Howard, and 1 being....Chandler Parsons.