1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ] Cleveland in talks to deal Shumpert to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I'm sure we could find a team to do it if the Rockets would give them 2 first round picks in order to do so.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lol reading the past few pages reminded me why I stay away from this forum during the season. The knee jerk and nonsensical posts are always amazing!

"Man we could have had Paul George but we traded all of our valuable assets for a Top 10 player! Who cares if those assets included all replacement level players or forget that Indiana actually has to want our assets for the trade to work!!! Outrage!!!!!"

Lol

3. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I know what you're saying but I just don't want our success to hinge on the probability of an injury. I would like to control my own fate.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

BT - - to acquire Shump w/NGs, @$8m, yes? How much are the 'remaining' NGs? Thanks for the edification.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I actually like Shumpert a lot. I would love to have him on the Rockets.

yaosaballar and Chamillionaire like this.
  6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

maybe the clippers face the warriors in the playoffs and bev does us another solid

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if minny gets him i'm not sure we can even get HCA for round 1 of 2018 PO

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Millsap told the Hawks he was interested in us

Chamillionaire likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We don't have a TPE. We just call it that, because we have 5 NG contracts that can be traded to teams who want to clear cap space,,,one, Ulthoff's, cannot be combined in trade, yet. Teams can send us salary, and take back the NGs and immediately cut the players to free up space.

Morey turned cash considerations into trade value that teams can immediately cut, to act like a TPE.

All those players (except Ulthoff) can be combined in any way Morey wants, and combined with other guaranteed contracts like Onuaku to get us up to $11.8m in salary matching, and even much much more if we package them with larger guaranteed contracts like Ryno's.

#389 heypartner, Jul 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

After further due diligence, I'd only be ok with this if he waived his player option and we only traded NG contracts.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Obviously Morey is going to try and get there but realistically those are the cards that every team in this league was dealt after Durant signed with a team that already had 3 all-stars.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not another dime le$!

J.R. likes this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Let's trade Ryno to Cleveland for Shumpert, then Cleveland can trade Ryno to the Knicks for Melo, then we trade Shumpert for Melo. In the process, Cleveland loses 2 2nds and a 1st that all go to Houston.

jayfree likes this.
  14. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

We I hope we are still in the arms race I guess

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

lol ridiculousness

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We have all the way until the trade deadline. Hell we could possibly even flip Rhyno for PG at the deadline after they realize he won't ever resign there.

It's shocking how fast people give up on here.

17. jayfree

jayfree Member

[​IMG]

18. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Forget the fact that it would've cost $11m more in cap space to sign him as FA. And forget that we would've had to get rid of all those players to sign him at a higher number...

steddinotayto, BigMaloe and BigM like this.
  19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Lol you never control your own fate in sports. There are 2 teams, refs, arenas air conditioning. There are always variables, its part of the excitement. Its a microcosm of life

DonKnock and BigM like this.
  20. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

I am not giving up, will be a rocket fan until I die. I just said I hope we aren't done. And just to play into your hypothetical, if okc does trade PG at the deadline that would mean he intends to sign with LA. I highly doubt Morey would risk our assets for a rental. That is out of character for Morey