1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Christian Wood agrees to deal with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 26, 2015.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Too bad Dwight isn't Alonzo Mourning

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And these disgusting talks about Christian wood need to stop. I do not...ever...think about Christian wood, so why would Woj and the OP bring this up. Do they think about Christian wood.

Woj and the OP are Christian wood fans only!

This is disgusting for me to think about, anymore.

3. rocketsqtc

rocketsqtc Member

This kid reminds a lot of Eddie Griffin. RIP. Hopefully he can find his game and mature down in the Valley.

http://www.clutchfans.net/draft_profile.cfm?Player=31

Strengths of Eddie Griffin

Does it all inside. Puts up numbers in scoring, rebounding and is an exceptional shot blocker. Plays well with his back to the basket and his footwork around the hoop draws praise. Handles the ball real well and is athletic -- can get around other power forwards very well. As good as he is inside, he's got a sweet stroke from the outside as well. Graceful and powerful. Runs the break extremely well and finishes just as good. Has the tools to become a superstar on the next level.

Weaknesses of Eddie Griffin

The big question mark is character/attitude. Griffin was suspended for punching teammate Ty Shine (reportedly because Shine didn't feed him the ball enough - nice) in the locker room after a loss to Georgetown. Had the same question mark in high school where he was expelled for starting a fight in the school cafeteria.​

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Nice pick up. This youngsta has a really good game. I'm surprised he didn't get drafted.

5. cebu

cebu Member

Bye Dwight.

6. Sanity2disChaos

Capela and Woods would be awesome together....let them grow.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

We were never going to clear enough cap space to do anything else.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Wonder what happened in the team workouts?

His body style and shooting style, etc. remind me of Eddie Griffin.

9. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I'm happy we nabbed him

10. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Poor workouts, came out of shape

"Character issues", but haven't found any references to them

Also supposedly lacks passion for the game

11. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

He doesn't look too bad from videos but the polish is clearly missing. Those work ethic red flags concern me too, but it's probably worth the flier to see how he pans out - if he turns out to be a hard worker, he could be a very legit NBA level PF as long as he puts in the work.

12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Has to be better than the first round pick used to select #BeWell.

13. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Wow- insanely good steal of the undrafted group. Better pick than Dekker to be honest. Fits our team better.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

He is very young, likely still immature. Being undrafted might open his eyes.

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

9'3.5" standing reach is insane!!

Rudy Gobert at 9'7" is the highest ever measured i think!

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just watched his DraftExpress video, wow!

Seems like a top 10 pick based on potential, no real limit to his upside. If he gets his act together, which I believe will happen because he's undrafted and everything is unguaranteed from now on, he'll either be a super-agile stretch 4 or a matchup nightmare on the wings, similar to Giannis.
    Can do everything on offense, way too agile for a nearly 7ft guy, has all the physical tools to look every wing and big down. Can bother everyone with his long arms and help out.

Really hyped regarding this pick, could turn out to be our best pick in years (along with Capela).

17. Madclownpacasum

He will be ready after dleague. Good pick

18. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

His highlights reminds me of Javale McGee with a jump shot. Not sure what to make of that..

19. malakas

malakas Member

Great pickup! He compares himself to giannis andfor good reason. His problem was work ethic laziness and that hes very raw. If going undrafted can serve to wake him up and put his head diwn and start working hard on skills he has amazing potential.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

I trust the folks at draftexpress a lot, and in their eyes Wood has lottery level talent and potential, because as they said a guy who can block shots and still hit 3s is pretty much your ideal PF in today's NBA, not to mention finishing at the rim and some athleticism.

I guess the question is his maturity and work ethic, however with his school having bad chmistry and he's only 19(!!!!) honestly this is acceptable. What the Rox should do is lock him up to a long contract and then develop him for the next 3 years. That should enable the team to real the benefits and we can have a lottery level big man essentially for free. Great move by DMorey, this is the definiton of low risk high reward.