1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Chris Paul “Less likely than likely” to Return for Game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by War Machine, May 26, 2018.

1. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Losing Iggy for the W's is, relatively speaking, the same impact as the Rox playing without a healthy Luc. Iggy brings more playmaking, but Luc was so critical to our team, it can't be understated. That's 25-30 minutes of 3-and-D that we are sorely missing and it has a cumulative effect on the rest of the roster/rotation.

The loss of CP3 is just a killer... Hoping the boys can pull off a Memorial Day miracle tomorrow. The betting odds, now that we know that Foster Brotgers are in play for Game 7, seem to indicate another game 7 loss at home for the Rox :(

2. ChefCurry

ChefCurry Member

“Omg the warriors are so lucky!!!!”

“Omg the warriors are too good and their team should be broken up by the league!!!”

Pick one....it isn’t both.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

“He’ll try, but don’t count on it,” is probably the best translation.

amaru likes this.
  4. ChefCurry

ChefCurry Member

“Creating separation the same way he always does” is a foul 100% of the time. He does exactly what Jordan did in the iconic game against the Jazz where he hits the buzzer beater from the top of the key. The controversy about that play is that Jordan pushed off and that is what harden does 20 times a game.

5. Miami_Rockets

Miami_Rockets Member

So will there be any official update today?

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Most likely tomorrow before the game. Chris is gonna go extra hard on treatments and possibly try to run around in pre warm ups.

7. jbasket

jbasket Member

CP3 averaged a bit above 30 mpg & missed 24 games for the regular season.

I'm sorry but the fatigue factor and overwork from the season as a cause to the injury, I just don't buy. A couple games in the 40 mins should not cause this. It is some bs unlucky crap, no other way to cut slice & dice it.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is but the intensity level in the playoffs is much higher and the way he plays, very physical is demanding in the long run.

I dun want to believe it myself.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I think we are setting ourselves up for failure if we are expecting CP3 to save the day. He's not going to be 100% if he plays. How effective he will be remains to be seen.

Hakeemtheking and J.R. like this.
  10. macan

macan Member

you know deep down you are a Rockets fan.
    why would a non Rockets fan spend time to register an account, read and post in a Rockets forum? that doesn't make sense.
    if you are not welcome in the worriers forum just stay here and enjoy Rockets talk:)
    we know clutchfans is way better than whatever worrier's forum maybe if they even had one

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

If the betting odds dictate the outcome of game 7, then you might as well stop watching the NBA. There’s no point, as it would be as scripted as WWE.

I could care less that those gambling are siding with the Warriors. All the Rockets have to do is bring the defensive intensity from games 4 and 5 and not turn the ball over, allowing Golden State to kill them in transition.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It might as well have been scripted WWE last night

Hakeemtheking, ReignSupreme and amaru like this.
  14. DVauthrin

Missing shots doesn’t mean Curry is injured. He dropped 26 in the 3rd quarter of game 3 and 40 against the Pelicans last round. Also, when he gets favorable switches, he’s able to drive into the lane and finish around the basket. His three point shot is off because he’s not able to rest on defense and the Rockets are making him work on offense. It’s taking a toll on him, even on the rare occasion he gets a clean look.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

Since he got hurt, I never expected him to play in game six or game seven. I give him less than a 1% chance of playing.

J.R. likes this.
  16. DVauthrin

I agree with you and it’s sickening. That’s why, of the major sports, the NBA is the hardest to support.

17. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Actually yes it can be. Those 2 ideas aren’t mutually exclusive

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The thing is that even a hobbled CP3 could still help you significantly. Of the Rockets' 240 minutes last night, 41 went to Green and Mbah a Moute (and it probably would've been more, if not for Joe/Ryno/Jackson getting minutes in garbage time). With Gerald, there are defensive lapses and erratic turnovers, and with Luc, there's zero shooting/spacing component on the offensive end. Even if Chris can only be an off-ball shooter and decoy for 20-25 minutes, that's potentially a significant upgrade to your chances because of who it means you don't have to play as a result.

Between that and the reality that HOU would be favored over BOS/CLE even wihout Paul, and I still think it's more likely than not that Chris gives it a go. But since none of us have seen the MRI, we're all pretty much guessing. Grade 1, it might be feasible. Grade 2, no way. At a bare minimum, he has to be able to jog. Just from watching him move around since the injury, it hasn't *looked* to me like something at the higher end of the scale... but that's admittedly just one extremely small portion of the puzzle. Fingers crossed...

BigMaloe likes this.
  19. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear you, man, and I hope the Rox pull off the upset. Maybe I should have left off "betting" and left it at odds. The reality is we will have to play exceptionally well (knock down ~20 3's, defend, and limit turnovers) to have a chance to pull off the upset. I'm of the mindset that as much as I want the guys to win, the more than likely outcome is that the Warriors pull off the comeback given all the Rockets would have to overcome.

Go Rockets!!

20. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

I badly want CP3 on court, one leg or two legs, especially when offense doesn't go our way, CP3 has the mental toughness to keep punching it and use fundamental approach to get us through it. If it's for Harden alone, he either tried too hard or lost interested in defense quickly, sometimes it worked, most times it doesn't.