1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Chris Paul “Less likely than likely” to Return for Game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by War Machine, May 26, 2018.

1. Asian Sensation

It does though man. If you can realize the fact that Iggy does in fact move the needle for them... it hurts a lot less. It’s okay to admit that he’s a game changer. He’s a helluva player and the best Harden defender they’ve have. Morey went after him the summer we signed Dwight and for good reason.

He wasn’t and wouldn’t have been a bench player for them against us. He started and played starter minutes (just under 30 mpg in the 3 games he played) and would’ve continued to have if he didn’t get injured. He was 1/5th of their most deadly lineup (Hampton 5/death lineup). Iggy was at least as valuable as good version Ariza or Playoff Tucker.

I for one never said Luc was needed or really even made a difference for us in the regular season. I never understood his cult like following here. Almost as surprising as Battier’s in years past. I even borderline bashed him or questioned his impact quite regularily over the course of the season and I sure as hell didn’t think he would’ve been a factor against the Warriors healthy or not. Luc was NEVER on Iggy’s level especially not in the past and not even today even if you factor in Iggy’s advanced age. Luc being injured/not 100% was a blessing in disguise.

Also, I know it’s a sensitive/controversial subject (especially here) but from what I’ve seen... Curry hasn’t been 100%. He’s had flashes .... usually when it really matters most but I’m not gonna be naive and say he’s played like the guy who’s 2 years removed from being B2B MVP.

2. Homey the Clown

Woke up this morning to read sports news and this was the first thing I saw. How many times more will the Warriors get lucky by facing teams with a key injury? Unbelievable. Can't stand that team omg.

Hard_foul likes this.
  3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He’s should play for 5 min. Bring the mood of the team up.

Patience and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

If only we had players on the bench who could man up and give 110% for one game. What's the point of having one of the top 3 benches in the league? We're relying on a hurt CP3 who can barely walk save us? Start Joe Cheese so he can clothesline everyone....#FML

5. ApuN

ApuN Member

No we didn't. It was just a matter of time before CP3 comes up with an injury

Its simply absurd that you are going to win any title with a 7 man rotation. It just doesn't happen. Who is to say he wouldn't have got hurt in game 6 or 7 or in the finals?

It caught up with us last year and its catching with up this year.

This is all on D'Antoni and is the reason he never gets to the finals

Little Bit likes this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets started game 6 by going up by 17 points. A good start isn’t enough against this team.

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Lil B a Bandwagon Warriors fan with his Satanic Curses, cursed Harden than Chris Paul

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He needs to play.

ReignSupreme and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. bevo202

bevo202 Member

Why did we construct a roster with only 3 guards ? We all knew 2 of our 3 (Paul and Gordon had a lengthy injury history). Feels like the window is this year with half the team being free agents but Paul and Capela wanting the max

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

11. rocketsrule1995

I was born in 95 so this is the most successful season I have been able to witness. This was finally going to be the year. I make it a point to watch every second of every game win or lose close game or blow out because eventually, you will get to enjoy a championship. Ill watch game seven in person. All my friends are sending me sorry your season ended like this texts and all i can do is hope for one of those historical game that people wont forget.

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Morey went all in this year and took the gamble on Paul. The result is the best regular season record in franchise history and on the brink of the finals but Paul is predictably injured now in the playoffs. It's a failure by Morey to not have signed a dependable ball handling backup for the injury prone Paul. It's obvious at this point in Harden's tenure here that he has to have good ball handlers around him for this team to have real extended success.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Dumb game. We only had the minimum to offer and no guarantees about playing time. We tried to get Jameer Nelson to come here twice.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not exactly, he has to have elite ball handlers...... Extended minutes for Jameer Nelson, probably 2-4 against the Warriors if CP3 is out for the series.

A good ball handler is just a spot holder for CP.

Now we never tried the Spurs way and get us a passer from the high post like Boris Diaw in his younger days.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Rockets need to take care of the ball and find Klay Thompson.

Literal keys to series and they failed miserably last night.

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah forgot about Jameer Nelson's stupid ass. He should have known he would get playing time behind a injury prone Paul on a championship contender. Hard to remember where Nelson even played this year. Wherever Nelson is he should be kicking himself.

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Not worried. The Rockets haven’t loss two games in a row since early January. Rockets in seven.

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

That’s when consistently shaky officiating began.

If it’s officiated correctly we go in to the half with probably a 15pt lead rather than 10pts.

We are then better suited to withstand the 3rd quarter blow. And if the officiating was fair we don’t lose the 3rd by 17 but rather about 10.

That means going into the 4th you still have the lead. If it’s being officiated fairly, your still locked in defensively and trying to close it out.

Instead, rockets being ultra aggressive resulted in numerous “turnovers” (non foul calls) that lead to fast break points where our defense isn’t nearly as good and where their offense is even better.

So what do we do? Ok harden counters, I guess I should try and hit some step backs. Called 2 times for “offensive fouls” creating separation the exact same way he always does.

Durvasa, you always have this desire to be the most “even keeled” and “non biased” fan, but if your not able to recognize this was an officiating game near the level of the 2002 kings vs lakers series, then I think your just biased towards “being unbiased”.

SS0101 and bro2044 like this.
  19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

That made it sound like a 50/50 chance, because likely is good lol.

vci_guy2003 likes this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Funny, I don't remember anything in my post mentioning winning the finals.

Curious why you're quoting me when it has nothing to do with what I said.