1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Chris Paul “Less likely than likely” to Return for Game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by War Machine, May 26, 2018.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I do too. But I don’t see us beating the Warriors Monday with a gimp CP3 and the current officiating. Simply no way. League made it clear tonight what they prefer the Finals to be.

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Whatever happens, I think this has been an amazingly fun season. Injuries suck, but they happen. Winning championships is hard and a little luck is needed. Let's see what happens.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That's a good point I thought earlier today. How do you keep a pg with no nba experience on a championship roster??? Like if one of Harden or Cp3 gets hurt, would Jackson play?

This on Morey. He gets paid millions to figure out this.

htwnbandit, PeterKingX and amaru like this.
  4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Jaylen Brown tweaked his hamstring and missed one game. I doubt Woj knows anything about the MRI.

Tfor3 likes this.
  5. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

He may not play, but just because a player is typically out for 3 weeks with that injury doesn't mean his leg would fall off if he came back earlier. 3 weeks is regular season timeframe when you're considering long term situations. This is Game 7 of the western conference finals. A game Paul has been waiting for his entire career. There is no tomorrow. Even if he's severely limited, I'd be absolutely shocked if Paul doesn't attempt to play on Monday.

BigMaloe, jevjnd, htwnbandit and 5 others like this.
  6. acjeitherocket

hes gonna have to play through it. even if its just for 15-20min. If he doesn't play at all I don't like our chances.

htwnbandit and Lawlruschang like this.
  7. Rocketeer4Life

Injuries happen to all the teams the Warriors face in the playoffs. Yes, they have their own injuries but not to their main stars at the most crucial times in the playoffs.

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

We need Paul for his experience, his ability to score in crunch time and most importantly to give his team mates the opportunities to make plays.

Harden seemed to only give Gordon a few passes to create with in the 2nd half and if Harden goes back to Iso ball and plays no defense it significantly lowers our chances to succeed.

It's funny that the refs swallow their whistles when anyone on the ROCKETS drive in but will blow their whistles when GSW players drive in. They haven't let either team play PLAYOFF style basketball and are so quick to over jump to call a Ticky tack foul.

We won game 2 because PJ tucker was insanely effective and games 4 and 5 because Paul made the correct passes, played solid defense and is clearly the more consistent scorer (w/o needing to be bailed out by refs) we needed to close out games.

htwnbandit, cheke64, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  9. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Almost forgot about Woj.. he went downhill

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We're less likely than likely to likely understand what he's likely trying to communicate, most likely--unless it's likely to not likely happen most likely.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

You're likely full of shiit.

12. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Whatever don't do shimmy move again pls

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had a dream the Rockets were down two and Gordan fouled out with 23 seconds left. Dan Tony put Paul in to stand in the corner to provide spacing, and the Rockets ran their offense and Harden missed the layup but got the rebound, saw Paul open in the corner and whipped it to him for the winning 3 win time expiring.

htwnbandit, dischead and amaru like this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Isiah Thomas was in a zone in Game 6 of The 1988 Finals hobbling on a sprained ankle

MrSabotage and htwnbandit like this.
  15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

If you're not that bad off - u can travel. Get treatment on the go.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Rubio is a b****.

17. psaman17

psaman17 Member

He's not playing. Dan Tony knows he's not playing thats why he subbed in ISO Joe in the 4th quarter mid way to see what he's got left in that tank.

The Answer: Nothing. Its drained.

DudeWah likes this.
  18. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

lmao what? Where were you trade deadline? Woj killed it, broke literally all the trades.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Now we know who Woj is on clutchfans.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

My dream is that Chris Paul is slow playing his health to catch the Warriors off guard and also to create one of those Paul Pierce in the Boston Garden moments when he surprises everyone by returning to the court looking actually pretty decent.

He’ll run out onto the court, the crowd will do a standing ovation for the longest time. Then Paul will turn to the camera and shout, “I wish...for you to have a heart!”

Adam Silver will then be moved to cry a single tear which, when it drops to the ground shatters into a million pieces and destroys the arena they’re building in San Francisco.

Durant Curry and Thompson start to grow wrinkles. Blood trickles from Draymond’s mouth and he yells, “This cannot be!”

The Foster Brothers appear and proclaim, “I warned you there would be consequences for breaking the sacred rules. Must we do everything for you?!?!” They raise their arms in preparation to call a Flagrant 2 Foul on James Harden, but before they can, Dick Bavetta and Steve Javie materialize out of thin air and stop them. The Foster Brothers drop to their knees.

Javie: The fate of the universe shall be decided as it should be.
    Bavetta: In MORTAL KOMBAT