1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Chris Paul “Less likely than likely” to Return for Game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by War Machine, May 26, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Plowman and HTM like this.
  2. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Should be its own thread. ChefCurry has defiled this one.

4. HTM

HTM Member

Sounds pretty good to me "questionable" = he will play IMO

BigShasta and amaru like this.
  5. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

They’re not mutually exclusive dummy.

BigShasta likes this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I’m not alone in wanting to be unbiased.

It would be interesting to get a poll of non-Rockets fans to see if they think the primary reason the Warriors won was officiating or because they outplayed us. I guess you think most people would say officiating?

7. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Why would we hope that as rockets fans? Are you lost? I’m hoping the refs rig the game to win Vegas a bunch of golden state moneyline $$$$ tmrw!!

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t know how to isolate the two. You don’t believe in momentum? I’d be deflated too if touch fouls get called on one end, and “no blood, no foul” gets called on the other. Most certainly against a team as good as Golden State.

Plenty of non-biased fans commented on how egregious it was.

9. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

If you take a look at lets say Reddit for example, there were many fans outside of the Rockets as well Warriors that saw how blatant it was. I had friends that are Warriors fans here in Cali mention it.

The refs were not the main reason for the loss at all, but they contributed heavily when we went on our run. The refs slowed the momentum down in the second and third and let the Warriors whittle down the lead till they got close enough to make it a game again. They were allowed to play much more aggressive on us while we couldn't touch them. After they got going then it was just continued momentum and hitting the shots.

If you take a look at a lot of those Klay threes as well, there were a ton of moving screens. We had our own factors that came into play but the refs chose to slow it down when the Rockets made it a double digit lead.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Very well. Maybe my lack of interest in the officiating aspect of this loss is due to the fact that I expect the home team in that situation to get the benefit of those calls. That's just a given for me. To win in that situation, you need to be good enough to overcome that . It isn't easy, and that's why closing teams out on the road is so hard in the playoffs.

11. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Yeah, that's the biggest reason it's hard to win games on the road. It's a grind and you know they are going to get calls. I think the refs didn't think we would get up so fast and it was a lot more blatant that we are used to to even it up.

12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The only reason its expected that the home team gets the benefit of the whistle is because the NBA has conditioned fans to think that way. Visiting teams should not have to beat their opponent and the refs to win on the road. It used to be beating the Lakers at the forum felt like that that, and it wasn’t right then either. And biased refereeing does have an impact, from destroying a team’s flow, putting key players in foul trouble, or letting a struggling team get cheap points at the free throw line to stay within striking distance until they get their act together.

Games should be called fairly regardless of where they are played. But we know that’s not the case.