1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ]Celtics engaged with HOU about Clint Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If Boston isn't giving up 2 FRPs, maybe they give up Langford in the deal and Rockets route BOS FRP and Langford (pseudo FRP) to Minny instead to get RoCo. Just would be awesome if the Rockets could achieve their goal with only Capela and not have to dip into their OWN FRPs.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe Minnesota only gets one from another team but I think they can get two for an elite wing defender with a good contract and enough offense to not hurt.

Yes the Rockets want to keep all their own #1’s so they can then shift one to another team for a player under a rookie contract to improve the rotation.

It may come down to the Rockets willingness to take Kanter instead and get a second #1.... if the Rockets do that, can they get someone else without burning a #1?

3. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Morey has been on Lowe’s podcast recently though? He even said Lowe should become a GM or something

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL, once again #StoryTimeWithNook

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

And that right there is the #Tilman dilemma. Because we know Morey would make the talent play here. Tilman would cringe at the salary additions.

Nook likes this.
  6. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

this is so cute how we get our hopes up every year only to have them dashed. I am choosing to not get my hopes up this year

harold bingo likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you but the position Boston is taking is that Theis is essentially a #1 pick.

There is a huge difference between:

Theis/Covington for Capela/#1

and

Theis/Covington/Kennard for Capela/#1

Also it is possible the Rockets tell Minnesota they will ship the Celtics #1 and their own #1 in a deal for Covington and Diop or Okogie.

The Wolves are also trying to see if they can move Houston picks (in trade) for Russell and others.

A lot going on and who blinks first makes a big difference...

A Rockets team with Covington/Theis/Kennard is vastly different than the current team. The rotation would go from short to very strong and the offense would certainly be better and I believe the defense too.

Deuce and D-rock like this.
  8. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Two first rounders and thiels would be Decent. Basically for us would be capela for Covington, thiels. Solid move don’t know if it moves the needle but definitely status quo at worse. Capela in my honest opinion offensively doesn’t give us a thing his rim presence will be missed but I guess why not roll the dice

9. Nook

Nook Member

I have no idea of what their relationship is now. I just know that in the past Morey told Lowe and a couple others to kiss his ass over their coverage.

This is just my speculation but I would not be shocked if Morey is being a little more diplomatic after what happened this last Fall.

foggy94 likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well there’s your problem. Clint is nowhere near a Top 5 Center.

bmelo and Nook like this.
  11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I’d be good with Covington and Theiss plus pick(s)

12. Nook

Nook Member

The problem with all of this is the same with a lot of Rockets deals.... there are a lot of players and teams involved and all it takes is one to get cold feet and the whole thing falls apart.

I am fairly confident that Covington and Theis would improve the Rockets over Capela.

13. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Tell Ainge and the Celtics to go **** themselves.

On to other eastern conference teams for better deals.

D-rock likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Covington bricking it up tonight. Is Clint really worth this f*cker?

rockets11206 likes this.
  15. BigBum

BigBum Member

Kanter, Theis and Bucks pick. It saves Tilman 5 million dollars.

Covington deal for two Firsts, other team business.

16. Nook

Nook Member

He is going to have poor shooting nights. He isn’t a great shooter, just good enough. He is 13/6 with a true shooting % of about 55%. Imagine a better offensive version of Ariza... hits open 3’s and garbage baskets.

Where he makes the consistent difference is on the other end of the court as both a help defender and an individual defender.

D-rock likes this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

Covington isnt even as good as Capela. I beg for a wing since Trevor left but Covington isnt nearly as good defensively

18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

19. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I like Covington, but Clint too much to give up for a wing upgrade that just for a solid player. Clints a solid player, although at a less value position. Ifnitd for Collins in Atlanta different story I do that deal immediately. If its somehow for both then Houston will have had a good week.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agree.

Sign 6'8 Jeff Green. Trade SRP each to PHI for 6'10 Jonah Bolden and MEM for 6'9 Bruno Cabloco.

Keep Capela or trade with BOS rivals in East:

ATL: Capela, House, Nene
    ORL: Turner, Parker, Rockets FRP, Hawks FRP
    HOU: AG, Bamba, Iwundu

PG: Brodie, Rivers
    SG: Beard, EGo, McLemore
    SF: Tucker, Iwundu
    PF: AG, JGreen, Thabo
    C: Bamba, Bolden, Harty