1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Carmelo Anthony open to waiving no-trade clause for Rockets or Cavaliers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2017.

1. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Yes this is true and they want to do it in the right situation. Houston has everything they need maybe just one more piece after adding Melo to Paul/Harden/Ariza/EJ/Nene/Capela/Tucker. Another glue guy.

Daddy Long Legs and Tfor3 like this.
  2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

what did those guys say? i can't keep up anymore

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is referencing Houston?

Russjr2 and Tfor3 like this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I want the answer to this question too.

7. wekeeptheh

wekeeptheh Member

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Yes it is. A fan tweeted him who he thought the Rockets would land as a 3rd star

Tfor3, Daddy Long Legs and Cstyle42 like this.
  9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

yes someone asked him who he thinks the rockets will get as a third star

Tfor3 likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Thanks

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

if LBJ joins the rockets and we still DONT have new unis, we need to riot.

BigMaloe, joshuaao, Tfor3 and 3 others like this.
  12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

This makes so much sense, and I wouldn't be surprised if Utah goes ahead and makes these moves to round out their roster after the gaping hole left by Hayward. Lol

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  13. MSBRockets

MSBRockets Member

If you are rioting if the Rockets get LBJ you simply can't be pleased. I'd wear pink, yellow, and purple ftw.

bilaal14 and larsv8 like this.
  14. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

whats next celtics have all the assets, crowder smart bradley brown tatum 3 1st

does danny go get another star ?

jruthlaz likes this.
  15. RightTooCensor

Don't give management any ideas

Bo6 and Fullcourt like this.
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Latest gem from Knicks board is that they can convince Melo to want to go to Miami because the weather's nice and the East is easy (no mention of what Melo might think of Riley-Bron). Once they do that, they will convince Pat Riley to take on 2 years and $52m of Melo's contract to be between 2nd and 4th in the East for the next 2 years. Riley will want to make this happen, so he will trade McRobert's expiring and Winslow.

At this point I'm laughing, but then I saw the greatest response I could imagine. The 2nd guy responds, word for word:

"id do winslow and Mcbob in a heart beat... if mcbob could stay healthy hes a REALLY nice piece and winslow well hes young"

I'm crying. Just thinking about, if you're this clueless, then you must be so lost about what's happening in general in the NBA and with your team.

I'm starting to believe that the intelligence of a team's GM has a direct correlation to the intelligence of the fans. I've seen so many boards, no one has a greater proportion of sophisticated posts than Clutchfans. Thank you so much @Clutch and thanks to Morey for forcing us to learn more about the CBA and front office than we were ever going to.

bilaal14, BigMaloe, TMac'n and 3 others like this.
  17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Does Melo wave his no trade for Boston? I'm not sure. The appeal of Hou/ Cle is the banana boat connection. So far it's only been reported as he'd wave it for Hou/Cle.

So far the big question is whether or not Clevaland would involve KLove. The fact that they haven't traded for him with Love the past year probably means they don't think Melo>Love, and can't say I blame them. They also prob think he's coming if they just hold out for a buyout which could come mid season. As long as they think Houston can't get a trade offer worth a damn to NY they will likely hold out I'd think.

I've been watching for 3 team deals more than anything. Now Boston actually looks like a potential Ryno destination with no true starting 4 but not sure they have the cap to absorb his salary in a deal. I was watching Utah but not sure Hayward going makes them change to win now vs building through youth only. Either way though Gobert and Rubio need that space like nobody else.

bilaal14 likes this.
  18. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

I HIGHLY doubt HOU trades Harden for any reason. A 33+ YO LBJ is better off taking a pay cut to play in HOU with CP3, Harden, and Melo and have a shot at another championship than to weakened a team by trading for him.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Do the Celtics go after Love now? Do they have the contracts to make it happen? Doesn't look like it, thank god.

bilaal14 likes this.
  20. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

how would Jared Dudley have insider info about Melo? So this is just an opinion of his.