1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Carmelo Anthony and Rockets part ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 15, 2018.

1. jcf

jcf Member

Do people here like the Ryan Anderson trade with benefit of hindsight. I get that he hesitated to shoot towards the end last season. But, if one can ignore his salary, he was a pretty good rotational player for most of his time here. Maybe psychologically he had to go, but we sure haven't seen any return yet. If we are in "win-now mode" and can still say that despite start of season, I might prefer having RA this year only.

AroundTheWorld and hakeem94 like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

the Atlanta Hawks are hiring

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

'It should be a situation without much practice but the real game we are talking about, man.'

smp and hakeem94 like this.
  5. macan

macan Member

jerry lin says ah hell naw

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol what? A year ago our offer was Ryan Anderson and scrubs. The main reason the Knicks would not make the trade was because we would not change our offer. Hardly a lot. Woulda have been good for us cuz we would have a 30 million dollar expering contract to trade right now rather than 2 years of Brandon Knight.

All those that want Otto Porter we could have essentially traded Melo for him straight up if we did the deal last year.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. MD_in_Training

Melo needs to take whatever fuel he has left in his tank to fly over to China.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

This is exactly like why the decision to take a chance on Melo was a no brainer. If it works, great. If not, no big deal. Cut bait and move on.

That said... I really wanted it to work. But no harm no foul.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree that it was no big deal. Honestly, we were being viewed negatively by the move. My hope is that this was resolved in a manner that doesn't impact the Rockets negatively for future free agent moves.

From everything I read, it sounds like the Rockets were good to Melo about it, but I truly don't know the inner workings of these deals so who knows.

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Member

I highly doubt that a failed experiment with a poorly fitting, aging, possibly over the hill Carmelo Anthony will negatively impact the team from luring talent in to play with this team. Especially once they restablish their status as an elite team.

Frankly, this guy has failed in Denver, NY, OKC, and now Houston. I think Melo’s inability to adapt is obvious.

DaDakota, Blatz and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. smp

smp Member

Players really seem to like him. I'm sure quite a few really admired him while growing up. Basketball is a young man's game though. Most of my favorite players from his era are gone now.

He's about to be done like Kobe, Tmac, Iverson, and Wade. Its sad to watch some guys realize the hard way that its time to hang it up.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

One thing about Morey, he fixes his mistakes fast.

DD

Zboy, Deuce, Patience and 4 others like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I believe Morey's previous record was a year and change. I don't think he will beat this new record of 10 games.

15. Rockets4Life13

Anyone know the reason behind it yet? He had a vet min contract so there had to be some behind the scenes stuff going on, right?

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Took a while to fix the Ryno situation

donkeypunch likes this.
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and mchale as well

B-Bob and donkeypunch like this.
  18. Possum

Possum Member

4 and 0 since Melo last played. 4 double digit wins. Enough said.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Melo wasn’t a fit offensively and NSFW defensively...Rockets were gonna severely cut his minutes and lower his place on the depth chart which obviously wouldn’t fly with Melo, so it was decided that it’s just better to part ways

justtxyank likes this.
  20. Zboy

Zboy Member

Although he has tried, Ryan Anderson issue has still not been fixed.