1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj:Carmelo Anthony aligned with Knick's plan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by auntieho, Jul 4, 2014.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Who is going to be a free agent next year that will make the Knicks contenders if Carmelo stays? LaMarcus Aldridge? Marc Gasol? I suspect both will resign with their current teams. DeAndre Jordan? Tyson Chandler? Brook Lopez? Paul Milsap? Goran Dragic? Danny Green? Rudy Gay? Roy Hibbert? Monta Ellis?

Kevin Love and Rajon Rondo could be difference makers, but I suspect both get traded before next season, and the Knicks don't have anything to really offer.

Let's assume that none of the Spurs group of Parker, Ginobili or Duncan is leaving.

Just having cap space and Phil (who is a great coach, nobody knows what kind of GM he is) doesn't guarantee anything. Being in NY certainly hasn't made the Knicks contenders since the Patrick Ewing days.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

About to smoke my sorrows away on this July 4th.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

4. Goat Herders

Goat Herders Member

"A change in direction..."

Lmao.

5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Most definitely. It's also admirable that Dwight has been such a great ambassador for us from the get go. So happy to have him.

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Knick's plan?

which one singular Knick has Melo aligned with?

7. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Actually Melo is the perfect match for New York- he proved he's a winner there and has lead them to the playoffs every year since he was traded there iirc. 130 million for that production sounds about right.

8. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I never said it was illegal, do I like it, not at all, but I never said it was illegal. All I pointed out was that even with those superteams, the East, as a whole conference, IS GARBAGE. That was my point the entire time. And you were the one who brought up the past 11 seasons to begin with, not me. And even in those past 11 years, the East was a pathetic conference even back then. My original post was just about this season ONLY and in the years to come. I do agree with you about matchups 100%. If you have a favorable matchup, then of course, you're going to win. I don't dispute matchups at all. Perfect example of that is how Seattle always gave us fits in both regular season and playoffs. My purpose of specifying the superteams is because that's the ONLY way, in today's league, that any Eastern team can beat a Western team in the Finals. Because you would cruise through the East and pick apart the remains of whoever came out the West. And even that wasn't enough for Miami this season. So what I've been saying the whole time is true.

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Except this year.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'd rather the Rockets bring over Llul of Papas over every single one of those FA signings. Llul may just decide stay over, but Morey himself has said Papas is being discussed to come.

11. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

No, that wasn't me, I wasn't able to make the trip to WrestleMania when that happened. I wish I could have been there. I would have really enjoyed the experience. Next time WrestleMania is in Texas, I DO plan on being there.

12. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I posted that earlier on, about the Heat losing to the Spurs last month, you should have read the entire post...you would have clearly seen that.

13. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

It's was poorly written sarcasm :(

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Supposedly the Knicks think the Bulls are their only competition

15. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I don't know about being called a "proven winner" because all he has to show in NY was just one 2nd Round appearance in what, 4 years. No Conference Finals appearances, and no Finals appearances.

16. chandlerbang21

good stay in NY. Now to get K love in houston

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Paid to lose, it's a choice you could make I guess, lotta money, nice house in The Hamptons, happy wife.

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Hurry and trade for Love

19. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I mean if your melo and you want to win, why wouldn't you go to the knicks? Their last championship was 40 years ago. Clearly they know what they're doing!

20. m0lson

m0lson Member

If this is true. Just made my day. We need to avoid this clown at all costs