1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj:Carmelo Anthony aligned with Knick's plan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by auntieho, Jul 4, 2014.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

His point isn't correct, but even you have to realize how lopsided the talent level is in the East and West as a whole.

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I wouldn't be surprised that in 2-3 years he ask for a trade.

Knicks haven't won anything in decades. Next year, they won't compete and with Melo already 30, he doesn't have much time left.

I think this is the Knicks last chance to woo Melo, if it can't be done then he is moving on.

3. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin will be with the Rockets for an eternity just to piss on you haters!

4. conquistador#11

maybe that was part of phil jaxxon's mind games.

"Carmelo, give me some f'n credit. the east will be demised with lebron leaving and bosh parting ways. you're the last superstar left. we can win 7 championships if you stay."

5. mazinger

mazinger Member

[​IMG]

6. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

"He just wants to feel like he's not all alone on the court." But if he stays in New York this is what exactly is going to happen!!! Get it together melo!

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The argument for NYK is that they can clear their cap in a year and construct a team AROUND MELO and his big fat contract. He will remain the king and be considered a hero like the rest of the Knicks greats. He doesn't have to move his family and he doesn't have to regret walking away from PJax. It's not a difficult decision, folks.

#STAYMELO

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

as many have been saying, lebron, bosh, dirk, melo, and lowry are all staying put. while the rockets wait for them, the good MLE targets are being signed by other teams.

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

Hes 30, not 36. Teams have turned it around in one year. On top of that, the East is wide open. And he loves NY. Don't know why people would be surprised if he goes back home.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

You don't understand the salary cap at all.

11. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

At this point, this is all I care about too.

12. theREALDEALkid

Triangle Offense (Instant Team Chemistry), 130 Million Dollars, Mecca of Basketball, not to mention Teammates including Jose Calderon, J.R Smith, Amare Stoudemire, Andrea Bargnani, Shumpert, Prigioni, and Who ever Else Phil decides to throw in there.

I Say the Knicks have a Mighty good chance of at least contending for a Top 3 seed Next Year. And in the Playoffs anything can happen.

I Forgot to Mention Samuel Dalembert and Wayne Ellington (I'm Almost Certain). Knicks can contend if not because of the Teammates then Because of the Offense.

13. NotChandlerParsons

I hope yall have your Channing Frye/Spencer Hawes jerseys in the mail already.

14. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Because of how bad the East was THIS SEASON and for years to come...I never mentioned anything about the past 11 seasons. And with those 5 champs from the East you mentioned, here's how those happened:

2004 Pistons: They were the better team, against a very old Lakers team
    2006 Heat: Many people (myself included) believe that series was rigged against Dallas
    2008 Celtics: The new "superteam" and Big 3 were better than the Lakers
    2012 Heat: Another superteam beat a team that wasn't ready for that stage
    2013 Heat: A lucky 3 by Ray Allen saves that series...that same Heat team that just got BLASTED by the Spurs last month proved that 2013 was a FLUKE

So if you take out 2008, 2012, and 2013 by those "superteams", YES, the east has sucked for many years, and will continue to suck in the near future.

15. Rx1991

Rx1991 Member

Malo & lebron

My prediction is that melo stays in the Knicks and lebron takes a 2 yr deal in miami with the second year option, opt out 2nd year goes to ny once they have the cap space and teams up with melo and dominate east.

16. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

That's besides the point. No one said the west wasn't more talented. The other poster said comin out of the west is a guaranteed championship, which is not the case. The west champ that goes on to lose in the finals is beat up from going through 3 wars to just to get the finals. The west champ who goes onto to win the finals is battle tested. It can go either way.

17. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Because of how lopsided the talent level has been in the East compared to the West, as you just pointed out, that is why my point IS CORRECT. If not for those super-stacked teams in 2008 (Celtics) and both Heat titles in 2012 and 2013, the East HAS been an absolute joke, proving my point.

18. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

LOL, so just take 2 of the last 3 NBA champs and you can guarantee the west will win the finals very year!

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hey nick, I checked your twitter. Is that you in the audience of the wrestling thing.?

20. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Stop crying about "super teams", they are not illegal. Dismiss the "super team" that beat the lakers one year cause they were a super team but don't dismiss the lakers for beating the same super team just 2 years later? Dismiss the "super team" that beat the spurs last season but don't dismiss the spurs for beating the same team? Coming out of the west does not guarantee you an NBA championship. Doesn't matter if the entire eastern conference outside of one team finishes with a winning record. All it takes is one bad match up.