1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If you don't like success to warrant a title, then Butler is basically Shareef Abdur Rahim 2019. That guy hasn't done a god damn thing since he's been in the league. Bulls? Wolves? Sixers? b****es and moans about play calls more than anything.

Different tiers bro...... Westbrook outshines him on every skill set besides defense. Westbrook leads and Butler doesn't.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Trust me.... I understand too.

I would rather take a risk like this over waiting on Cp3 36 years old and out of gas. This had to be done.

hakeem94, jcmoon, Hui and 9 others like this.
  3. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I'm to glad to hear you are okay with Westbrook on the Rockets.

It's funny how as soon as I heard this bombshell news, you were the first person I thought about. Those Thunder Schadenfreude threads were some epic stuff and I was there with you relishing all of it like a true addict.

Also, you're right about Westbrook and the media's influence in us rooting against him. I know Harden losing that MVP was the catalyst for me to root against Westbrook "muh trippa dubz!" Before that, I didn't care about him even after Durant left.

Right now, I take this trade with a grain of salt.

I have huge concerns about Westbrook and his inefficient style on the Rockets. However, I trust Harden, D'Antoni, and Morey to iron out the issues and work with Westbrook to make him a better teammate or else we might be back here next summer looking to trade Westbrook instead of an older Chris Paul.

For now I accept this trade is because I understand Morey was under immense pressure from Tilman and the fans to make a significant move since everyone else in the West got stronger.

Meanwhile, Paul is aging rapidly and is perhaps the worst 2nd superstar among the league's elite 1-2 combos like LeBron-Davis, Kawhi-George, Irving-Durant, Curry-Thompson, etc. You can't lock up $40 million on a player who can't even win you regular season games anymore, which put a tremendous burden on Harden's shoulder to carry the team for the entire season. It's unsustainable.

At the very least, Westbrook gets you another top scorer who can win many games on his own and help carry the load. It's a compromise by Morey with what was possible given our current situation.

Lastly, I'll say this... Westbrook may be an *******, but now he's our little *******! :D

4. jj3469

jj3469 Member

Gordon and shump and pick for love. Boom

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure what you mean by this. i never called butler a superstar. but i like him as a better fit for this team for sure. doesn't mean hes a superstar

wb isn't in a different tier. he loses in the 1st round to rookies and players like lillard. wb hangs his hat on pure athleticism. as that goes, so does everything else. he already can't shoot. ineffcient. and makes horrendous decisions

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Take #1 of the list and I LOVE it. Go Morey!!

7. riko

riko Member

I guess now we will run more with Russ putting pressure on the bucket in the open court.What I love is Russ chose us over Miami according to Royce Young unlike Jimmy

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  8. MONON

MONON Member

It's gonna be an interesting year! From what I've read, James & Russ wanted this. It'll be up to them to make it work. I'm excited to see them work it out!

PeterKingX likes this.
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If you win the MVP, I would say you def have a Superstarish title next to your name. That just doesn't happen bro..

Butler would have been a nice fit, but I think this is better for us. Westbrook is very similar to Harden. He has no help, he has random players helping him. I think Westbrook will do just fine in this offense. He is a very different passer than CP3. CP was fundamental basketball, Westbrook finds guys in diff ways and Capela can benefit off that. Nobody will punk Westbrook on the court, he basically is the most physical PG in the league.

Just look back at the Warriors series and tell me............... CP3 or Westbrook?

hakeem94 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Dude. Get a grip. He just traded for the most expensive contract in the NBA. Lose this tired, weak shtick.

Les never paid the tax.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Les sucked too. Not a shtick, this was a money making move. If we make a move with Shump I’ll be impressed.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

only reason he won it was bc of the td. there was nothing impressive about his teams record. he averaged a td again but didn't win it. why? oh because the narrative changed and td wasn't as special as it was.

wb doesnt make houston better to me based on actual fit. comparing the two individually does nothing for me

westbrook just got punked by lillard and made him his b**** lol. spida did it a year earlier haha. nobody cares about all the trash wb talks nor are they intimidated.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  13. rockets13champs

Makes sense. Harden hadn’t tweeted or had any insta posts in 2 months after the game 6 loss then suddenly starts tweeting and posting on ig again 2 days ago

D-rock and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

WB is the perfect answer.

vlaurelio likes this.
  15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Lol. I didn't like that either.

Let me know when CP3 ever lead a team to wins or every did anything outstanding in nba stats?

Age difference. Prime etc. I think Westbrook is worth the gamble. I think this was a steal for us.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

didn't know stats meant to so much compared to actual team success. i mean cousins put up crazy numbers yet his team sucked for years and showed 0 progress. empty stats don't impress me

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  17. Mr. Space City

Has anybody checked on Clint?

He can say goodbye to those 15+ rebound games.

zksb09 likes this.
  18. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

We agree there.

I don't care if Tilman ever pays the tax. I care if he allows Morey to build teams with solid value.

Someone else posted it elsewhere...Paul was the only player on this team who didn't play up to his contract last year. That stuff matters.

I don't believe Tilman is casual about winning. I believe he's maniacal about winning, and I believe he's maniacal about getting value for his hard-earned dollars, and I have 0 problem with that.

hakeem94 and treyk3 like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

he said he wants the clippers or lakers

20. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Bye Capela.