1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. HardenVolumeOne

overall news coverage from abc13, to talk radio were happy when harden was traded. In fact a lot wanted harden traded earlier.

The revionist history now is people coming to realization that we will suck for the foreseeable future. Rockets fans actually thought we would be better without a top 5 player

You complained for years about hardens iso style, now we have teamball and we still suck. Just like the warriors and teamball didnt make the playoffs for the 2nd straight year

Teamball only works when you have a stacked roster. going back to the suns, spurs, lakers, celtics and the recent warriors

fckbandwagons and B-Bob like this.
  2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

The best part of my month was realizing Harden didn't make it to the Finals.

3. HardenVolumeOne

whatever. just get over it. he's gone

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Exactly. Get over it, he's gone. No need to defend your man crush.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

A few things to mention here -- even though you used "lol" which does make your post compelling.

1. Can you name a reason why people might miss CP3? What did the Rockets do with him and what have they done since? You might find a certain disparity there.

2. Were you in a coma during the 2020 season? When people were bashing the team which played .500 ball for big stretches of the season and repeatedly lost to plus-.500 teams, and when the team got its pants pulled down and burned alive on national TV against the Lakers - you thought everyone was happy? They just started pointing fingers after Harden was traded? INTERESTING.

3. "For years yall wanted to rebuild on this board" [citation needed]. (I seem to be logged in to bbs.clutchfans.net, a site where people have been regretting that we dismantled a top contender for 3 years now. Were you logged on to trailblazers.com or something?)

4. "You are rebuilding but yet you still bring up Harden and CP3 pretty much every day". Weird, it's like we had an elite contending team and then decimated it to nothing in the span of 2 years. It's unfathomable that people should have strong opinions on how that occurred, amirite?

Your post has nothing to do with reality. It is a word soup of false dichotomies and revisions of history. My only question is WHY? I don't get what people profit from saying stuff like this. Is it enjoyment in getting a long sarcastic response?

The best version of events would've been Harden and Paul sticking together, Paul having the rebound 2020 season that he did, and Tilman/Morey rebuilding a trio of defensive wings that propelled the team far in 2018 instead of signing people like Carter Williams and Ennis and burning draft capital on Ryan Anderson's contract, Brandon Knight, and Iman Shumpert.

6. HardenVolumeOne

focusing on the draft

RKREBORN likes this.
  7. HardenVolumeOne

the "trade harden" thread was never locked and was routinely bumped after every rockets loss

actions speak louder than words

lets focus on the draft, hopefully the next franchise changing superstar we draft or develop fares better on these forums than harden did

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I can agree to focus on the draft if folks like you stop repeating anything you said in that previous post, with the exception of "The trade Harden thread got bumped" which is the one thing you were correct on. We still have threads bumped on Jeremy Lin, Royce White, and Donatas Motiejunas. Welcome to the interwebs. People are going to talk about 2 superstars who led a team to 65 wins and then one of them blew it up.

9. HardenVolumeOne

comparing harden to any of those players is false equivalency. Lillard and curry are horrible defenders and flawed players, but you will be banned if you have a thread mentioning trading either one of them on blazersedge or warriorsworld. Hell bulls fans have made zach lavine untouchable and the bulls are a perrenial losing team. Most fan sites of sports steams usually protect their best players. Like how the astros fans stauncly defended the astros players despite the worst cheating scandal since the 1919 white sox. Harden never cheated or used peds, always played though injuries, never load managed. Was he a perfect player.. NOPE.. but those 8 years he was a rocket were some of the best years as a sports fan in my life.

I enjoyed watching the rockets play knowing the opposing team every night had NO player that could guard our guy and that you had a chance to win every game. That little ankle sprain that christian wood had and was out for like 8 weeks.. Harden would have missed maybe 2 games MAX. Its little things like that harden did, that you take for granted.. Playing through pain and sacrificing his shooting percentages because he didnt want to sit.

if you remmeber it was a rockets fan from this very site that made the "harden no defense" video on youtube. A similar video could be made for lillard and doncic. But smart fans of those players and the team fan site mods are smart enough not to do such a dumb thing. That no defense video cost harden an all nba selection in 2016 due to narrative. And harden despite all the advanced metrics showing he is an improved defender, still can NOT escape that video and make an all-defensive team. It all goes back to that video that was created by a rockets fan. smh

Like i said i want the best for this organization, but am i gonna sit here and act like rockets fans treated harden fair. And that i never seen some of the threads on the garm over the years, with threads comparing klay vs harden and pg13 vs harden lol. I shouldnt speak for all rockets fans(because thats not fair). But i know that this forum in particular and the posters on this site never cared if harden was traded or not, because for years they always figured he was replaceable

DatRocketFan and fckbandwagons like this.
  10. DonatelloLimestone

You must've had a pretty shitty month

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

2 more wins for CP3

D-rock likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol "for years in the GARM", what was your last banned account? I wonder why it happened especially now that its impossible to get banned lmao...

14. HardenVolumeOne

i was only a lurker before on clutchfans before

facts are the facts tho, many posters in the garm for years was always looking to trade harden because they felt he was easily replaceable. I'll even bump the threads if you want. Nothing quite really brings rockets fans back to reality than one of the longest losing streaks in nba history after we trade "James Frauden" lol

topfive and D-rock like this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

ahh of course the "lurker" response that everyone uses. You happened to lurk consistently enough to notice this trend for years and then only decided to make an account. You got banned.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would bet money that he was @SkyrimOwnsAll who also had several other names

I could be wrong but I think he was also a huge Harden guy. (And I say this as someone who has an autographed Harden ball, framed poster, and an AZ State jersey).

17. HardenVolumeOne

wrong.. does this sound like a harden fan to you smh. That poster you highlighted was just another harden hater

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...-less-mins-never-play-unhealthy.248905/page-2 ( see post #26)

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...raft-jabari-parker.246544/page-5#post-8564718 ( see post #1, #81, and #84)

took me less than 5 minutes

#2477 HardenVolumeOne, Jul 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

19. xaos

xaos Member

Worst trade in Rockets history because James Harden wanted us to trade for him. Forced the worst trade in franchise history. Then quit on our team because we just "weren't good enough."

We had to give up all of these picks because CP3 was on an "untradeable" contract.

Yet, some people want to give Harden the max so he can be the new untradeable contract. But somehow the guy who quit on the team he built will bring in the leadership this young team has been missing. Maybe we'll adopt his defensive philosophies.

Harden is probably the second greatest Rocket of all time and deserves his statue here. Hes given us some amazing Rockets memories and shouldve had a ring if it werent for CP3s hamstring. But, if we sign him to the max this offseason he will force us to trade Green/Sengun/picks and become the most untradeable contract in the league.

Unlike CP3, Harden doesn't offer a lot of on/off-court leadership or care about a the little things. This is a guy looking to escape criticism.

20. raining threes

Moses would be the 2nd greatest Rocket ever. How quickly we forget.