1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ BOMB: The warriors having chemistry issues too!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cutty312, Oct 5, 2022.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty interesting how 0 players did anything to stop it or even try to separate them. wouldn't be surprised if Poole really did have it coming. and something like this was way overdue

2. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

xaos likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

If the Warriors overcome Draymond’s punch, this will show why Stephen Curry is the GREATEST leader the sport has ever seen. MY COLUMN:

LOL

“Nothing about what was happening suggested a blow was coming. The gym was aghast as Poole dropped to the ground. Players stepped in. What began as a typical training camp practice was suddenly a crucial conflict threatening to derail their season. Curry would have to intervene. As he did when David Lee got into it with Indiana’s Roy Hibbert in 2013. As he did when Green went after coach Steve Kerr in Oklahoma City in 2016. As he regretted not being there to do when Green went off on Kevin Durant in 2018.

“It’s about protecting the team,” Curry said. “And that includes Draymond and JP in that moment. Make sure everybody’s cool. Create those boundaries that need to be in place and then get to the conversations that need to happen, like, right away — and the rest of the day and this morning. So I didn’t know how to kind of rationalize what happened in the moment, but you also kind of just sprang into action. I’m trying to problem-solve as quick as possible.”

As the franchise executed its plan for moving forward, the focus shifted to how will this Warriors’ team survive and keep its hope to repeat as champions alive.

That’s going to be harder to do now with the leaked practice video of Green’s punch surfacing Friday morning. This incident is even harder to get past, the visual now etched in the memory of NBA fans.

But the answer was obvious, and the same as it’s always been. Steph Curry. His example. His humility. His perspective. His sacrifice. His work ethic. His reconciliation. His righteous indignation. His honesty. His anger.

The Warriors’ star has been working behind the scenes since the incident. Sources said he spoke to the team after Wednesday’s practice and he’s been in communication with Kerr and general manager Bob Myers about the handling of the situation. He’s made sure Poole is supported, including squashing any speculation that Poole’s behavior instigated Green’s attack. And Curry has, of course, had the heart-to-heart with Green, his friend and teammate of more than a decade.

Once again, this time provoked by another eruption from his volcanic co-star, Curry has to work his magic to keep this train on the tracks. Golden State’s Olivia Pope.

Curry arrived in 2009 to a crumbling franchise that, two years removed from the “We Believe” playoff run, was in sheer turmoil. He went through the grueling process of Golden State’s transformation, serving as a pillar for a championship organization. And 13 years later, the organization is still banking on the sturdiness of its telamon.

His legendary career will be remembered for how he altered the game and the championships he won. His shooting captivates. His playmaking befuddles defenses. His conditioning impresses. His defense is underrated. But what often goes underappreciated and is arguably just as important is his leadership. More importantly, how he leads. The value of his personality and core characteristics have proven just as vital — and are back in play again.

“I walked up to him today,” Myers relayed at Wednesday’s press conference, “and said, ‘Are you ready to do some leading?’ He goes, ‘You guys gotta pay me some more money.’ I said, ‘We’re paying you as much as we can.’ It’s him. He holds that line in such an easy manner.

“He’s leading,” Myers later added. “He’s really grown in that area. It’s nice to see him kind of, like, become the best version of him. On the court. Off the court. We need him in these moments, and he shows up. He’s talking to everybody. He’s supporting. So it’s really good. It’s good for him. I think he had the same intentions (earlier in his career), but now he knows how to utilize them.”

…What has been, and always will be, unique about Curry’s legacy is the way he operates as the face of a franchise. Of an era.

It wasn’t a choice, actually. He didn’t coherently map out how he would choose to lead. It was an organic process that unfolded as his stature grew. Curry doesn’t tick as fiery as Green, or even Kerr. Curry isn’t by nature domineering and confrontational. But he proved he could be true to himself and still be just as productive as a leader. When his career is finished, among his most impressive accomplishments will be how operated as a superstar.

Remember the age-old question, would you rather be feared or respected? He chose respect.

[blah blah blah more at link]

@i3artow i3aller beat me to it.

#63 J.R., Oct 7, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    i3artow i3aller likes this.
  4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

A non story.

5. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Um, did you see the video? It's definitely a story.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This is internet gold.

[​IMG]

7. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Draymond knows he’s not getting an extension. Lashing out at a guy who is.

Reeko, Hakeemtheking, mario_v and 7 others like this.
  8. Fantasma Negro

9. i3artow i3aller

:eek:

Can't be getting punched out at work while now being called a little boy by baddies. Gotta get off the team.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

TMZ has its mitts on everything now.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Interesting to see what the warriors do with Green. That's a franchise that's vocal against injustice.

clos4life likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Draymond gets feistier the more ships he wins.

13. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

That was one hard sucker punch. He even instigated the physical altercation, at least that is what the video shows. This is no leadership from Green and looks more like a bully and looks personal. And this was in the sidelines and not even during a play which makes it look even worse for Green.

Yung-T, Hakeemtheking and aaquaa like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At least Green didn't throw soup or merely go home, I hear that's considerably worse.

maj21 likes this.
  15. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

clos4life and J.R. like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Are you surprised KPJ made his way into this thread LOL @jordnnnn

clutchdabear and jordnnnn like this.
  17. i3artow i3aller

18. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Watch them "hash it out" only to ultimately trade Poole, because Draymond has gotten to do whatever he wants for this long so why stop now.

clos4life and don grahamleone like this.
  19. liveguy

liveguy Member

You see it

20. i3artow i3aller