1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WNBA GOAT

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by mazyar, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure? He had a bunch of exhibits when he first rounded up all his friends to find out who stole his bike.

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I just can't watch the WNBA. But...if I were to have a player that I might follow or cheer for...Tina Thompson. She at least plays the game how it's supposed to be played.

3. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

HAHAHAH..That guy's my hero!..Not really.

4. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Taurasi will go down as the best to ever play the women's game. She's incredible.

Parker will be close, but right now I'd give it to Cooper and Leslie as the game's icons, followed closely by Swoopes.

5. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Time for the obligatory video. Now we know what this guy's name is.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ivULBJnHVNI&hl=en&fs=1&start=18"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ivULBJnHVNI&hl=en&fs=1&start=18" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. University Blue

Cooper is like Bird, not necessarily athletic, but effective. In the WNBA, Cooper is currently the GoaT.

Leslie is a product of hype, being a member of an LA team, and officiating bias (in her favor). I liken Leslie to David Robinson.

Taurasi is like Kidd -- okay, but is not and probably will not be the GoaT; not even at her position.

7. mazyar

mazyar Member

And Parker is like the Kevin Garnett of WNBA. She is a great all around player, one of the best rebounders in her league. Actually she (Parker) could be, dare I say, the Hakeem of the WNBA.

Yonkers, I can't watch your video while I'm at work. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

8. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I met Cooper and called her Swoopes one time. Her assistant says " oh no he didnt...." LOL, True story.

So Cynthia Cooper gave me an autograph picture for my daughter. Nice woman. Too bad Im not a WNBA fan because I would have been excited.

My choice is Swoopes or Cooper....whatever.