1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wizards Broadcast goes off the rails

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Jan 5, 2022.

1. txtodd

txtodd Member

jboslett, PuzzledFan, TMac'n and 2 others like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

..... so that's why the metaphor would "make sense".

Hopefully it really was just a mistake and not just a terribly insensitive comment.

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Mistake or not, you can’t make that reference if you don’t have clear/obvious knowledge of who his dad is. Kevin Porter that played for the was born in the 50s. He’s 71 now. If anything, he would be his grandfather but then again, why would he be a JR to his grandfather? Poor announcing from the wizards broadcaster.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL, the Wizards are a poorly run franchise, what do you expect?

Anyway it's not like we were killing it riding with Bill Worrell about 20 years after his prime & Clubbing Baby Seals Drexler.

Most non-Rockets fans on league pass considered him & Clyde basically unlistenable - I don't blame them.

red5rocket, Nook and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  5. BonziWellsGOAT

It was absolutely poor announcing, no doubt about that but I don't think the guy should be crucified for an ill informed call. He is being painted as some sort of callous monster online. I think its unjustified

6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Totally agree. People need to calm down, it was obvious even real time that's not what he meant, and in hindsight the outrage sounds incredibly dumb.

PuzzledFan and slothy420 like this.
  7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

If he was thinking about Kenyon Sr, then why is he talking about “pulling the trigger at the right time like his father did?” Since when was Kenyon Martin a shooter?

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

[Dead] Robert “Tractor” Traylor is rusting away somewhere. — Bill Worrell

:D

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Read the post he was responding to. That poster didn't seem to know that Porter's father also shot and killed someone.

11. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Kevin Porter Bullets was so much better than KPJ.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SamFisher and txtodd like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Poor announcing for sure and the broadcaster should explain why he said what he is, BUT wealthy men in that age group generation would often remarry someone much younger and have children, so the fast he is 50 years older doesn't preclude him having children. My senior partner in the firm is 71 years old and has a 19 year old son with his second wife.

The issue I have with all of the woke movement is that in many cases people are just looking for excuses to destroy people.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And this should be the end of it.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

so there u have it…for some reason, dummy thought Kevin Porter had his “son” KPJr at the age of 50 because that’s something that happens often…

he should do his research next time

Chasing_Chase likes this.
  15. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Dude needs to be a writer for SNL if he had the genius to make such reference - but clearly he mistook his father.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It just makes it generally more confusing if you're a clueless old guy, the Rockets have 2 juniors, one of whom had an NBA father in recent memory, one of whom has the same name as an NBA father from the same team

Way more plausible than "i, a dope who does Wizards color games looked up the status of this obscure guy on a bad team who we rarely play father's demise and cane up with a perfectly timed insult to burn him!"

That's just silly

17. Nook

Nook Member

God I love Bill........ he never gave a ****.

I mean, in fairness to Bill, Tractor died really early.

Moe, H. Christopher and J.R. like this.
  18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This is a good lesson for all the color commentators out there...don't assume and do your homework on players. It's literally your job to talk about players so be better.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The odds of him making a reference to KPJ's father shooting someone is pretty much 0%. No one at that position would do something like that which is so blatantly career ending.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Exactly.

KPJ can accept his apology or tell him to go to hell.... doesn't matter, it was a reasonable mistake and we move on.

I do think that KPJ should say "Wait a cotton picking minute, you said what?" and then they can have a three way call with Russell Westbrook.

RayRay10 and J.R. like this.