1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wizards Broadcast goes off the rails

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Jan 5, 2022.

1. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I
    this 1000%

2. BonziWellsGOAT

This ***** getting out of hand

BigggReddd likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No it's not an announcers job to dig into the personal family history of every visiting player. That has nothing to do with announcing a game of basketball and that's ridiculous. LBJ and others saying well he should have researched this or that is nuts.

These guys can't know everything, they are humans, and humans make mistakes. LBJ makes mistakes too on his twitter feed. It's an unfortunate mistake that had an unfortunate coincidence but let's give the guy a break.

Zen Tabak, BigggReddd and withmustard like this.
  4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Did I say personal family history? I don't expect him to look it up but he also shouldn't have assumed if he wasn't going to look it up...

Dobbizzle and 34to11 like this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm the biggest rockets fan in europe and even i didn't know his pops shot someone

RKREBORN, Nook, Zen Tabak and 2 others like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is a Curb Your Enthusiasm moment. People are making a huge deal out of a honest mistake because of the severe misfortunate alignment of the space time continuum.

In any other case where these horrendous coincidences didn't happen, no one would bat a eye for a color analyst to mistaken someone's father. You are making it a big deal because of the horrendous unfortunate coincidence.

People assume all the time constantly. You do it also. I do it. Stop making this a big deal.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Personally I’m not making this a big deal. I’m just responding on 11 page thread dedicated to this. Please don’t assume.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

It was an off the cuff comment, the announcer didnt know KPJ would hit the game winner so he wouldnt know he needed to research and realize Kevin Porter Jr wasnt the son of Kevin Porter. My point is its not a big deal people make mistakes all the time. You want the announcer to research and realize his assumption was wrong on the off chance KPJ would hit the game winner so he'd know not to say KPJ pulled the trigger like his father?

Its like if you always thought iceland had lots of ice and greenland has lots of green you wouldnt think to research the opposite is true unless you second guess yourself on every opinion you have.

withmustard likes this.
  9. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

People are being ridiculous about this. "He pulled the trigger at the right time", so people really think this announcer is saying there is a "right time" to kill a 14 year old girl? He's an old man that made a mistake. I could easily see something stupid like this happening to Bill his last few years.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  10. 34to11

34to11 Member

Life lesson: Do your homework or shut the hell up.

"So I take everything slow, go with the flow
    And keep my mouth shut if I don't know"

- O'Shea Jackson

Dobbizzle and groovemachine like this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Twitter is eating itself alive about this. I'll be surprised if this dude doesn't get tarred and feathered by this weekend at the rate that social media Malcolm Xs like Lebron are out there stoking people's pent up fury that needs a lightning rod.

This is racism on Brons part far as I'm concerned, and I can't recall ever making a race post on CFs. If dude showed 10% of this fight about China I'd be proud of him. He knows this is a chance to try and massage his own image as a wannabe thought leader.

This is SJW **** to the extreme UNTIL we hear how his private conversation with Porter goes. I can't stand this part of our modern culture that wants to burn people before the original parties have had time to come to terms. Might as well be living in Salem in the 1600s on Twitter nowadays.

#211 napalm06, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They literally change the whole name of their team because of gun violence..

Rocket River

Dobbizzle and 34to11 like this.
  13. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

LeBron is a wannabe Trump.

I was always confused why Porter Jr. was such a malcontent considering that his father was in the NBA. I assumed he had a comfortable upbringing due to his NBA player father. It wasn't until recently that I found out that he lived a troubled life and his dad was murdered when he was a small child. It wasn't until yesterday that I found out his father shot someone and was not a former NBA player.

14. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Only the Wizards commentator knows the truth

My biggest take away here is that LeBron has KPJ’s back and by doubling down he’s made that clear

15. BonziWellsGOAT

So now the dude can't say a common phrase? I have heard pull the trigger 10000 times watching games. Now it's a problem?

#215 BonziWellsGOAT, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    BigggReddd likes this.
  16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

y’all are acting like making assumptions is an offense punishable by death.

I’m sure every single one of you nitpicking are all angels. 0 skeletons in your closet:rolleyes:

Zen Tabak and Ramo$e like this.
  17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Don't be a stupid person.

DD

18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I want to believe it was a mistake but most commentators do research on the opposing teams (good or bad apparently). Most hometown commentators drop little neat nuggets of info you never knew about the opposing player but in a good way if they are not sore losers or d**ks. Hard to say how he didn't know the Kevin Porters weren't related. It could be an honest mistake but the more I think about it he had ample opportunity all game to make that mistake and be corrected. He sure chose a weird time. His apology is the equivalent to "I'm not racist, I have black friends."

groovemachine and Dobbizzle like this.
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I thought the bullets was a cool name growing up.

TimDuncanDonaut and Nook like this.
  20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

The **** are you talking about, racism? You sound like a whole ass clown with **** like this. Leave intellectualism to people with brain cells. ****ing racism, what an absolute joke of an opinion. So a black man can't criticise a white person? **** outta here.

Ramo$e likes this.