1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wiz Fan Here

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DLT, Dec 19, 2020.

1. DLT

DLT Member

Born and raised in the DMV but have actually been in okc for the last 6 years so I am familiar with Wall, WB, and Texas. Wall is a legend in DC, some for on the court but a ton for off the court. No one gives back to the community more so we always take up for him in that aspect and I guarantee you that he will set up shop on the ground in Houston the same way. Now on to basketball.

I'm on another bball site most of the time but decided to sign up with clutch to follow Wall and Houston has always been one of my favorites. Dream is one of my favorite players ever and I rooted for the Rockets during those runs. I kind of adopted okc as my 2nd team so it sucks not to have any stars anymore but I do believe that they have talent and Shai is a great young player. I actually posted on another Rox board after the trade and this is what I wrote:

Wall is the purest PG in the league next to CP3 and Rondo. Wall gets real assist. He can find guys like a magician.

He was playing at such a high level that people were saying that he was the 2nd best in the east after lebron. People think that he's a career loser when he actually led the Wiz literally one or two games away from the ecf in 3 of 4 years. In 3 of 4 years they took the one seed to 6 and 7 games in the ecsf.

Wall has also had the worst coaching and played in the worst offensive system. He was literally coached to take long 2s. He also has played his whole career with a low post center to clog the lane and most of his career even with low post 4s. He would have killed it with MDA but I believe Silas will do well.

Wall got a big head without accomplishing anything. Got paid, got fat, partied every night, took things for granted. You can tell that he's totally different now. He hit rock bottom. Mom died, everyone calling him a overpaid bum, a million PGs have passed him. He is taking everything seriously now. If he fails, it truly won't be from lack of trying. You will get the best John Wall. In his last healthy season he put up 23 & 11 on decent efficiency, again in a bad system with a roster not fit for him.

I know that you guys loved what you saw from Harden-Wood but people forget that basically the 1st thing Silas said about camp is that Wall & Wood have great chemistry. Wood will still light it up with Wall. If Harden is gone then Gordon will have a big year. Wall used to be famous for getting guys paid. Guys like Ariza, Webster, Dudley openly thanked Wall for their contracts. Pierce gave him props also. No one is better at finding wings for open 3s.

Some of our best times were when Pierce came and maybe for like 18min a game we would go small with Pierce at the 4 and we looked like a totally different team. Besides that Wall always had guys like Nene and Gortat in the paint all game his whole career. He will kill it in a spaced system.

I also hear people talking about playoffs. Wall has had some monster series. I just think that you guys shouldn't lose hope. Wall has not been healthy in forever. He was always playing with bone Spurs and then started not to take the game seriously. This will literally be the best version, in his best system, with a bunch of shooters. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he is an all star in the west if Harden is gone even though I think James is making a huge mistake by not giving it a chance. Watch those playoff highlights and see how exciting he can be under pressure. BTW. I'm trying to change my name. How do I do so.... Lol

#1 DLT, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    slothy420, joshuaao, saleem and 92 others like this.
  2. MrWise

MrWise Member

When John Wall makes an account on Clutchfans, this is his first post. Jk.

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Welcome to the board D and thanks for the background and thoughts on JW. I'm excited to see what John can bring to the Rox and I'm looking forward to this year no matter who ends up on the final roster.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

... Ahhhhh...............

HP3, steddinotayto, alethios and 5 others like this.
  5. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Wall was always one of my favorite players to watch a few years ago. I hope he's truly healthy (and can stay that way.)

GradyMcTracy and don grahamleone like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I absolutely love what I see from Wall. The guy is just full of charisma. Something that really separates him and Westbrook is that Wall recognizes his strengths and weaknesses and is at least saying he's willing to make adjustments to fit next to James. I have no set expectations for this season because of the Harden uncertainty but I'm happy to root for Wall. Seems like a genuinely caring guy who has been humbled in the past two years. I hope whatever happens next, Wall finds great success for the rest of his career.

7. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Thx bro. Welcome! Thx for the insight. Once Harden is gone, the culture will change for the better IMO. Good luck in the East with Westbrook and Beal.

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Appreciate the insight and welcome to the board.

9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I heard Lou Will was pretty good at finding wings too...

Kidding aside I'm loving the optimism here. With Wood, Wall, and just a dash of Cousins this team can really be something if Harden stays on. I hope he can at least try it out for a while and we see some magic on the court. We have 3 picks to upgrade the roster too. One Lakers injury is all we need for a serious shot.

ChillyPete32, RHU525, csc177 and 3 others like this.
  10. DLT

DLT Member

I don't know how to edit on here but I forgot to add that I do not believe that parking lot story. Harden is the superior player presently and historically but unlike Harden, Wall has been the best player on his team since birth. #1 hs recruit, best hs mix tape, went to top school Kentucky, #1 pick, and best player on the Wiz. I think that he wanted to play with James but he wouldn't beg or sound desperate and he would quickly change his mind frame back to how this could be his team, his city, and him and cousins are probably talking about taking it back to Kentucky. Idk how everything plays out but I do think that you will be pleased with how well he plays and leads the team

11. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Welcome to the board.
    So far I am really impressed with Wall's professionalism and leadership. I am looking forward to seeing a PG play the game under control.

12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I think this board is definitely underrating what Wall can do now that he is healthy.

13. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I dont believe that parking lot story either. Sounds too much like a movie scene

14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Take Wall back and keep Westbrook please.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

OP, thanks for this perspective, but mainly I am moved to tears that you were born and raised in a Department of Motor Vehicles. :(

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Welcome aboard.

Appreciate all the good stuff on JW.

I have no doubt of his immense talent...

The massive contract and whether he can stay healthy are my concerns.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Introducing Wiseman into the league.

Jontro likes this.
  18. DLT

DLT Member

Lmao. Right

D-rock likes this.
  19. DLT

DLT Member

Shoot, I actually would take that in the east... Lol

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I have to second this. Very unusual. But still better than DFW.