1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Witnessing Shoplifting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rafi, Mar 17, 2013.

?

Rat them out for shoplifting?

1. Yes

62 vote(s)
    53.4%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    46.6%
  1. Rafi

Rafi Member

Do you rat them out?

2. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

snitches get stitches

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

http://youtu.be/67ufrcQlKt4?t=1m45s

reminds me of

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/67ufrcQlKt4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. codell

codell Contributing Member

If you are not directly confronting the shoplifter, why wouldn't you? :confused:

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

If it's a little mom and pop store, then yes.

If it's any place else, then absolutely not. Let those big stores worry about protecting their own overpriced merchandise.

1 person likes this.
  6. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

this. you and I don't know random people on the streets. people are crazy and will kill ya for nothing. i suggest minding one's own business.

7. 713

713 Member

#WWJD.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, I do. I do it because I want to live in a better place and it's the right thing to do. I believe in doing what's right and living with the consequences whatever they may be.

I don't really expect any consequences for ratting out a shoplifter. They probably wouldn't even know I did it. If they did, then I'd be more inclined to laugh at someone getting just reward for something wrong they did.

If they decided to do something violent against me, because they did something wrong in the first place, then that's just two things they've done wrong, and I'd rat them out for their violence as well. They'd get in even more trouble, and I still did nothing wrong in that situation.

9. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

no one ever expects to get the stiches after they be snitchin', bro.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I agree with Thadeus, if it's a small family owned store, rat on them.

I couldn't care less if Walmart loses 20 dollars, their insurance probably covers it anyway.

But then again even if you rat on a shoplifter, the employees really can't do anything because they aren't allowed to search the shoplifter without a cop present.

11. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

so stealing from rich people is ok?

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

post reported.

it's called an ironic joke. but seriously, will never have time for that kind of anti-social-contract bull****.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I do. After working many years in retail and being stolen from so many times, I always tell someone if I don't confront the person myself.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If it's gum, no.

If it's gold bars, yes.

15. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

16. Antec

Antec Member

The government robs the people everyday with taxes, why arnt the people allowed to rob as well. #justice

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

No, don't really give a ****. Shoplift away, it's the stores and employees job to find shoplifters.

18. Steve_Francis_rules

How do you figure the big stores have overpriced merchandise, when they're usually able to drive the mom and pop stores out of business because they have lower prices?

If it were me, I'd probably not say anything if it was a kid, but I would if it was an adult.

19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Insurance doesn't cover shoplifting. Profits are the least affected, then price. Employees take the brunt of the loss.

1 person likes this.
  20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said, if someone makes the wrong choice of using violence against me, after I told that they already made one wrong choice of shoplifting, it isn't anything I've done wrong. They've simply done something else wrong that will only get them in even worse trouble. If they decide using violence against someone after they were initially the people to do something wrong is worth getting in serious legal trouble, then that's up to them, and I'll be happy to snitch on them for the violence as well, because that kind of flawed decision making should be locked away.

What kind of idiot would do something that will get them locked up for serious time because they got caught after something minor like shoplifting?

Like I said, if they do that, that's their bad mistake, not mine, BRO.