1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Without radical change, stick a fork in this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Yeah, good analysis. But I just can't agree with one thing.

Yao is NOT in his prime. He was back at the beggining of 2006/07 season. He was simply unstopable.

2. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Jeff Who -

Good point. Yao was better just prior to his injury. He's not quite back to that level yet.

D R

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

True, but he is not that far away from that level, to me, his skills look the same but his understanding of his role is not and thus he is not as decisive.

Because when Tmac and Ron where out, he looked AMAZING......right now, he looks confused.

The pieces do not fit.

DD

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I also belive it is because of that injury. I remember those games, for example when he scored like 38 and 8 blocks against the Knicks. He completly owned Curry.

But damn, I would like to see that Yao once again...

5. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

DD -

Agree the pieces do not fit...see my prior post in this thread.

Going forward addition by subtraction. By this time next year both Artest and TMac will be gone.

D R

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree with you, and think the team will be better off depending on how Morey moves them.

I have been dissappointed in Morey's lack of looking at personality types as part of the equation in putting together a team.

Anyone with half an understanding of human nature could see that Ron Artest coming into the Rocket's leaderless locker room was a potential disaster.

I don't blame him for trying because they got him so cheaply, but he HAS to move him now, it is clear that Artest is one of the main problems with team chemistry.

He has become an anchor.
    DD

7. ibm

ibm Member

say we can only get rid of one major player this time. who would it be? #1 or #96?

8. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

His contract is ridiculous, he is not worth 10 million.

9. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I've been slower to come around than some, but I think Morey needs to move Artest too. He doesn't fit.

10. daddy cool

daddy cool Member

Ron leads us to Big wins without Tracy.Utah Boston and other games where ron led the team when tracy was in street clothes.

11. yobod

yobod Member

Does anybody else think that Adelman might be sending a message to his players? For some reason, I get the feeling that the locker room is just a mess of independent personalities that aren't meshing together well on OR off the court, and Adelman might be letting them figure things out for themselves, since this is a veteran squad. You know, like "ok, make your mistakes.....sooner or later, you'll see that you have to rally together in order to be successful, but I can't force you guys to do it....you have to see it for yourselves. And when you do, I'll be here, ready to guide you." Why else would he have left the starters out there after they let the Bucks walk all over them to the tune of a 20 point deficit? Think about Boston last year.....guys like Rondo and Davis looked to KG, PP, and RA for guidance, not Doc Rivers.

12. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

I think that Ron fits a lot better than T-mac right now. But having said that, the Rockets are not going to be able to trade T-mac so they might have to trade Ron.

13. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

The problem then is that they're still stuck with T-Mac.

14. jae713

jae713 Member

I think benching T-mac would be a big enough shake up. Start Artest or
    Wafer they cant do any worse than mac. Let T-mac have to earn his spot.

15. ibm

ibm Member

not gonna happen. it takes guts to enforce that, and i don't see it in either adelman or morey. les is too big of a fan of mcgrady, his biggest investment in his tenure as a rockets boss.

16. rmoreno

rmoreno Member

we have a winner :D .