1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Without Bynum, Do We Prefer Lakers to Jazz?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coldsweat, Apr 10, 2008.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Ye don't go too far. Its impossible for scola to neutralize Gasol. Gasol would flop every play until Scola fouls out. Scola is a physical Player. Gasol is ..... floppy.

And why isn't anyone here giving T-mac credit for his playoffs performance? Jeeze that guy can do better than Kobe in playoff, so why we that afraid? I mean, the dude was one man team against pistons. And all pistons had to do was mark t-mac. But t-mac still got a 3-1 advantage but lost in the end cause no one could step up.

Who knows what t-mac could do. Remember, he killed dallas when we played them. If it was a 5 game series we would've won. Against Jazz. They couldn't contain T-mac until the last game, but that game he still did a lot of damage. The guy is no doubt a playoff performer. He always shows up, and drops the F bomb on any player that guards him.

I want to play against Jazz. But I Love to see the Kobe and T-mac matchup in the playoffs. I want to see them go against each other.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Heck Yes Gasol would be nuetrilized by Scola.....he may get a few but Scola would own him........

Gasol would wither like a weed that was sprayed with "Weed be gone".

:D

DD

3. MONON

MONON Member

Since either LAL or Phoenix will win the division, we have to finish ahead of one of them. We can't finish behind both. The easiest way to do that is to beat Phoenix tonight and win 1 of our last 3 games.

Man that 1 point loss at Sac hurt. :mad:

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We would be in 2nd right now and facing the Mavs if they didn't lose to Sacremento.

DD

5. MONON

MONON Member

Now let's not underestimate Scola. He's executed a decent flop or 2 himself. I can see it now. Scola and Gasol are leaning on each other and suddenly they go flying in opposite directions with arms flaying. :D

[/QUOTE]But I Love to see the Kobe and T-mac matchup in the playoffs. I want to see them go against each other.[/QUOTE]

Me too! However, that's a match up for the Western Finals!!!

6. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

But I Love to see the Kobe and T-mac matchup in the playoffs. I want to see them go against each other.[/QUOTE]

Me too! However, that's a match up for the Western Finals!!![/QUOTE]

You are right, id scola can stop anybody that it is Gasol. He is not that quick and plays pretty similar basketball to Scola. They know each other from Europe.

7. Champ Caliber

Champ Caliber Member

.....who I would much rather be playing than either Lakers(with or without Bynum) and Jazz. They have no Diop to disrupt the front and no Harris to just run around flying into bodies and getting calls for it :mad:

Between the Jazz and Lakers w/o Bynum I don't care. But I'm looking at the entire bracket. I'd rather be on the side with Hornets, Nuggets, and Jazz than with Lakers, Spurs, and Suns. So it's more than playing the Jazz. It's also the fact that Hornets/Nuggets are a much better matchup for us than any of the other teams. Hopefully Mavs can give whoever they play a full 7 games and the winner from that bloodbath on the 2/7, 3/6 side will be somwhat fatigued if we see them in the West Finals.

8. MONON

MONON Member

You're right!! I think I feel a little better about that loss now.

9. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

talking the triangle offense, you remind me of jordan's time. bulls also had a good center. i can't come up his name right now. he looked good too in the triangle system. but i don't think jordan's team would be much difference w/ or w/o him.

bynum has potential but now he is a good role player based on his #. he is not elite player yet we need to worry about. deke should be able to shut him down except deke will play less minutes. when rox played lakers before his injury, yao schooled him and the other center (he is not lakers any more).

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I want no part of seeing the rockets play the Lakers.

11. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Who cares if Fisher is hurt, he is a scrub anyway. I prefer the Jazz.
    - I believe Hayes will do a decent job on Boozer
    -OKur won't be able to get off those wide open 3's against Scola or Landry , like he did on Yao. He doesn't have much of a post up game, so their goes his adv.
    - Utah's road record sux
    - TMAC usually goes off against the Jazz and hardly does any scoring vs Lakers.

12. MaxwellsTemper

Count me in the group that doesn't wanna see a playoff Kobe in the 1st round.