1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Within 30 days, Calvin Murthy Speaking again, this time on the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Jan 27, 2021.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Calvin called Wood -- Woods -- in that clip. @Os Trigonum

:)

Os Trigonum, D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rockets won 1 playoff series in 15 years before Harden got to Houston. What was the problem then?

Scarface, BigM, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

The team cancer is gone let it go. I would say the problem would have to been Morey. With his nonsensical backwards moves. Morey's claim to fame is Harden, thats it!!! He never got free agents to come. Stone already beat him on that. Is hindsight not 20/20 or you just refuse to believe this team can progress without Harden? lol

Also the fact we acquired Tmacs corpse didn't help. Losing to extensions teams like Bobcats lol. I believe this speaks more to Tmacs failures than Hardens accomplishments. Harden didn't with anything more than Tmac. Making playoffs should be a given for any franchise player, we shouldn't have expected nothing less paying him his big contract.

#44 Ramo$e, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Daryl Murthy's brother.

Ramo$e, hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Health.

Jazz cheating.
    Refs punishing Yao.
    Absolutely no depth.

Ramo$e and napalm06 like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You are going to see people calling Wood Woods until the end of time. Worse than spelling Capela Capella, or Beverley Beverly, IMO. :)

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Who the fook are you again?

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

How is it possible to write a novella and not provide a whit of substance?

And you questioning my intelligence or maturity is laughable.

Let me reiterate, I believe this team SHOULD play team ball. These players (with possible exception of EGo) should NOT be playing iso ball because they are extremely inefficient at it.

And trying to classify last night's style of play as "team" ball is blatantly disingenuous by Clavin.

That the team enjoys playing together is great but let's not act like there was no team chemistry or similar joie de vivre during the Harden years or even previous lost in the desert Rockets teams.

And prior to Harden's arrival in Houston, the Rockets failed to WIN a single playoff game in 15 years.

You are a known Harden hater (that to me is same level of stupidity as the Dream haters, the Yao haters and the Moses haters) so of course you are over the moon with the loss of one of the greatest players in franchise history and are willing to distort facts and prevaricate about how great this team is currently without him.

The path to victory and future success is not Wall, not Cousins, not even Oladipo.

It is Wood, our young role players and any future acquired players.

And it will be maximizing these players via analytics.

Getting back to small ball switch everything defense was a start.

Volume 3's, FTs and layups should also become the emphasis again.

With Harden gone, I hope the misinformation about needing to take more mid range shots has exited with him too.

10. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Still crying? Lol

Question your maturity? Sure. Intelligence? Not at all.

"blatantly disingenuous" How when he is speaking truth? Players can go ISO if their teammates don't mind. Like what the hell is the problem in your life that you feel the need to try and nit pick a Rockets legend. Their wasn't much chemistry when he keeps getting coaches, players fired or traded. He was toxic period.

"The path to victory and future success is not Wall, not Cousins, not even Oladipo." Long term success? These guys have not been their old self but they are the ones wining the games. Especially last night.

"Getting back to small ball switch everything defense was a start."

This is called adjustments. Something MDA knew nothing about. Some nights we might switch everything, some nights we might not. Might want to get over that now before you have an aneurysm. So be prepared.

"Volume 3's, FTs and layups should also become the emphasis again."

This was always the plan. That never changed. I don't know would insinuate otherwise. ALL teams in the NBA know this, not just Morey.

Also mid range shots were in play last night. I don't see what the problem is with them when a open 2 is better than a contested 3. It's not hard to figure out.

#50 Ramo$e, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are an unmitigated moron and do not even realize it.

And I'm not sure what game you watched but it wasn't the same Rockets game everyone else saw.

12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Not only that I need a translator for most of what he put.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Still mad that you feel the need to insult even though you are the simpleton. LOL

I should be asking if you were watching the same game. You are literally crying about nothing my guy.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Learn basketball.

15. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

LOL I know more than you....I know enough not to be complaining about nothing.

TWS1986 likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

You know jack shat.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Right but you do? Why you mad bro? We won. LOL get a life....

TWS1986 likes this.
  18. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

You even suffer from comprehension problems.

How many times do I have spell out that I have no issues with the WIN, ugly or not?

My disagreement stems from the lies being fed and swallowed that last night's heavy iso game was the epitome of "team" ball.

20. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Hahaha