1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Within 30 days, Calvin Murthy Speaking again, this time on the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Jan 27, 2021.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Honestly since he started they winning everything, he proved to himself last 2 games he still has a lot (since he isn't even in his best shape)

hakeem94 and DeBeards like this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

Honestly I think Boogie has highest BBIQ as a rocket since CP. He almost never makes bad decisions, he sometimes gets too ahead of himself, his physique isn't on par with tempo he wants to play with... but his passes, vision, when to gamble for a steal, when to stand in one spot, when to post up, when to shoot... he interprets every situation SUPERB

hakeem94 and groovemachine like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@DeBeards
    Yep, upon joining the team he was saying all the right things. I recall, “I will do whatever the team needs me to do.”

Now it seems like,
    Cousins: “the question should be, How is Wood going to adapt to coming off the bench when he comes back?”

Cousins:

Last 3 games as non starter: 16.9 mins...15.3 (FG%)....13.3 (3P%)....5.3 (TRB)......4.7 (Pts)
    Last 3 games as starter:........31.9 mins....40.5 (FG%)...40.9 (3P%)...14.3 (TRB)...17.3 (Pts)

I don’t think Cousins wants to relinquish the starter role. Guy is trying to earn his next contract.

Don’t know why they can’t play C Wood at PF? Time for Tucker to sit more.

#23 ApacheWarrior, Jan 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    Rocket River, D-rock, vator and 2 others like this.
  4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I like Cousins but Wood is more versatile on offense. Cousins is terrible pick and roller while Wood can virtually do everything out of a PnR.

D-rock likes this.
  5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

in JH era, this team lack of cousins kinda guy who never afraid of standing up for his teammates on court, never afraid of brawling, jawing, shoving w/ dreymond or morris bros ...cousins' value to this team can't be judged by his score night in night out, there is something intangible, hence i wish silas could allow him time management in coming weeks.

hakeem94, bmelo and groovemachine like this.
  6. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The game got ugly for guys having a selfish attitude. The ball did not hop like the Dallas game.GG was effective because he was using the PNR from Boogie. Wall and Vic were playing on an agenda.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

• Oladipo is a very good player and perhaps underrated because of his high quality defense. He was arguably the best player on the Pacers for a few years -- all playoff teams.
    • Eric Gordon is an above average starter, knows how to win, and had his potential stats suppressed for several years due to sharing the ball with superstars.
    • Wall and Cousins are all-star quality players when assuming full health.
    • PJ Tucker has proven capable of being a very good role player on high performing teams
    • Christian Wood has just entered his prime and is an all-star caliber player.
    Once these guys get some time together to gel, THIS IS A GOOD TEAM.

DeBeards, hakeem94 and groovemachine like this.
  8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

cousins response understandable.
    a couple times, journalists' Qs on his conditions sounds like sorta disrespect, definitely neither kindness nor caring.
    7'18: journalist: hey cousins, so...wht do you attribute your dominance on the boards tonight you had 17?
    .cousins:...say it again?...so what's you question...i work on my rebound? i felt i like i've been a pretty decent rebounder of my time of career...

totally stupid questions.

imho, with no doubt cousins is indispensable in this lineup, in order to play it safe we should control his minutes n let Wood play C from time to time; once we landed a backup C or PF somewhere between mar, could move Wood to PF position.

BamBam and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I'm happy the current group is winning, and I hope the team can continue to be successful. However, Calvin's statement reads to me that he is angry at the way Harden handled himself and made his exit, which is fair enough. I can see a guy who stuck with the Rockets organization his whole life resenting Harden's lack of loyalty in the end. But I didn't see anything about the Rockets "playing the right way" last night. Basically, the 3-4 best players took turns isolating, which worked well enough. But it was hardly beautiful basketball.

D-rock, hakeem94 and DeBeards like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

12. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Looks like the real championship is the friends we made along the way.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The Bill Obrien trophy?

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Yay!!!!!!
    Lets all play for that participation award!!!!!!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

quite fair.
    to be frank, i would not jump on the bandwagon by giving coach silas 100% credit until he could bring this squad into the playoff, however, one thing we could not ignore, in past weeks the coach dealt w/ 8-9 different rotations due to quarantine, injuries as well as the trade, n this is the first game two best players of his team play together (i dun't know how many shoot around these guys had after oladipo joining in), hence, a W is a W, i couldn't ask for more, just give them some time to gel.

BamBam likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I have no problem feeling like 2018 was a moral championship :cool:

hakeem94 and Patience like this.
  17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

One more notch down. Rockets basketball is..... team ball. We haven't been playing since Harden has been here. The facts is, it doesn't matter what you or even I think as long as we won. Wall just got back and he had something to prove....all teams, not just the Rockets let players have a little more say when facing their old team. It was the first time Wall and Dipo played together.

"nostalgic to perpetuate lies" How old are you? Rockets have always played as a team. Dream was the greatest but even he'll tell you he couldn't have done without his teammates. He could have pulled a Harden and tried to do everything, but that not how you win overall. I get Morey was trying to maximize Harden. It was cool at first, but the novelty wore off quickly after Harden kept flaming out in the playoffs. He should have just got him the real help (oh wait he did, but team cancer chased everybody off) After seeing team cancer Harden ISO and fail in Morey's morbid experiment for 8 years. I would imagine it must be nice to see the TEAM moving in the right direction. With players that more or less appreciate being apart of the team. Iso or not the team can do what they want as long as they win. I would be pissed too if we lost but we didn't. Things will improve. There is still a lot of basketball to be played. Players seem to be getting along....It's refreshing.

WhY sO sErIoUs?

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Salvy

Salvy Member

LMAO, at those saying ChAMpionshIPS!!

That only goes to a California team - Silver probably

Imagine watching a movie only to worry about what happens in the end within the first 5 min and not enjoying that movie because in your head there is only one acceptable outcome and if that outcome is not met the movie sucks.

Just enjoy what we have, I would love to see Rockets in the finals at least. But its not like we have been to the finals 5 out of the last 8 seasons. Some of ya'll acting like Celtics fans minus all the banners.

We may have something now that we aren't appreciating. Even if it seems boring or hopeless, there could always be worse. Like having Westbrook on your team.

hakeem94, Easy and Ramo$e like this.
  19. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Finally someone with smarts!! The NBA is a glorified WWE with a basketball and really tall people. That Morey tweet doomed the NBA and the Rockets. Look where we are in the span of 1 year. Rookies and injured players. There is no level playing field and everyone plays a role in the narrative. Rockets were china’s team since Yao Ming era.

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Exactly.

napalm06 likes this.