1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With what we know about Alpren, who do you think he pair with better. Chet or Banchero?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Slabhurta3, Nov 28, 2021.

?

Better front court fit with Alpren for the future?

1. Chet

40.0%
  2. Banchero

43.8%
  3. Other

16.2%
  1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Your Debbie Downer reminder that twin tower lineups suck particularly on offense

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

to be fair, i only became familiar with the term since it was mentioned in the blek captain falcon.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

well which player will do that?

4. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Emoni Bates looks good so far

5. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I tried to compare a player like Chet and he does mot play like KD or Garnett but he play exactly like
    Kristaps Porzingis. Thin, but have nice handles and can shoot inside or outside. I think both of them have nice defensive skills. Chet is not a Alpha on a Championship team but can be a Robin.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He is a poor athlete and negative wingspan……but he can shoot

NewAge and D-rock like this.
  7. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Porzingis has zero handles whatsoever, his length is actually a massive weakness of his.

Chet is on another level defensively, but even skinnier than Kristaps coming into the league. Porzingis is one of those players who would be much better if he were 6'10 or 6'11. His height gives him such a high center of gravity that he struggles with handles and contact with smaller players.

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I'd pick Banchero #1, Chet #2, Jabari #3...but I think for fit with sengun (and green by the way), I would rank them in reverse order.

Jabari is the best fit because of his ability to score since we're not sure yet if green will pan out as the alpha scorer, and because he can switch out to guard the perimeter while also being a great leaper and protecting the rim.

chet is the next best fit since he can guard the perimeter and the rim like jabari but an an insane level (at least in HS and college). he hasn't shown that he can be a go-to guy, and since green is still an unknown I think Jabari's offense gives him the slight edge for me when thinking of fit. jabari gives sengun a target and takes pressure off green more than chet while still providing the defensive versatility. if green shows he can be an alpha scorer then chet surpasses jabari as the best fit since I'd value the scoring less and Chet's defense more.

lastly, even though I'd take banchero #1, I think he's the least natural fit of the big 3. he and sengun have similar limitations as far as switching everything on the perimeter and playing "air defense" against the high flyers in the nba. if green doesn't prove himself to be an alpha scorer, then I like banchero more since he can be that. if green does prove to be a go-to guy then I'd like the banchero pairing less because his offense is less valuable while one of he or sengun would be forced to switch onto guards while the other defends the lobs and both have limitations in those situations.

9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I like all 3 of Chet/Jabari/Paolo, no reserves yet. I'd consider myself a #HolmgrenHomie but I haven't seen enough of either to call myself a gang member yet. I am watching a bunch of Jabari Smith footage right now and I do think his fit with Sengun would be nuts. Jabari is such a willing defender, although he is a bit of an anxious defender currently. An over-active defender that fouls alot is better than someone who doesn't defend at all. Jabari fits in perfect with Green/Sengun going forward

#89 BigggReddd, Dec 7, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    dmoneybangbang and cmoak1982 like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Another 1 dimensional string bean that will take years to fill out.

NewAge and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. DreamR

DreamR Member

When you think of Banchero you think of someone you can give the ball to that can go get a bucket right away anywhere on the court regardless of who is guarding him

Where as with Chet you think of someone who is immediately going to limit the opposing teams points in the paint and offensively can take slower bigs off the dribble

And Jabari can both score well and get a defensive stop when needed but doesn't seem as dominant offensively as Banchero or as imposing defensively as Chet

Though his stock keeps rising

12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Chet is a toothpick and will be absolutely destroyed in the NBA. He’s skinnier than Chris Bouchet who is severely limited by his build. We need more with the 2-3 pick in the draft this year.

NewAge likes this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Chet reminds me of Poku.

NewAge likes this.
  14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Holmgren is intriguing but I don’t think his frailty will hold up to NBA physicality. Banchero or Jabari.

boomboom likes this.
  15. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

The question should be how long Holmgren's knees will hold up.

Edit: @Rashmon barely beat me to it.

Rashmon likes this.
  16. NewAge

NewAge Member

I know Chat is the White KD, but what is the ridiculously overhyped comp for Banchero?
    Like, remember back in the day when Cade was LeBron and Jalen Green was MJ? What are the off-the-chart comps this year?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is another dude living on the street or another regular dude if he was not that tall and had ball skills.

cheke64 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'd go with Jabari, he is supposed be another Rashard Lewis, it ain't so crazy compared to the other hype.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Isn't he supposed to be Blake Griffin but without the injuries or something like that?

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

With what we know, start scouting prospects in the 5-10 range. ;)