1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With Ty Lawson, are we now the best team in Texas again?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Jul 24, 2015.

?

With Ty Lawson, are we now the best team in Texas again?

1. Yes, Ty Lawson finna run circles around Tony "Over The Hill" Parker.

67.2%
  2. No, we will drown in the River Walk.

32.8%
  1. MistaK

MistaK Member

Oh yeah forgot: Well the Nuggets aren't going anywhere as constructed. They drafted a great prospect at PG and have an opportunity to go young and rebuild with a potential franchise cornerstone in Mudiay. Also, they probably want Mudiay around 'better influences' than maybe a Lawson type.

The Rockets have enough vets on the roster and a clear goal in mind, so they should be fine I think. If anything it will have an effect on Lawson's behaviour. Again, I hope for him he can sort whatever issues he has, BUT I doubt that it will be an issue on the court.

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Two years ago when the Rockets got torched by LMA, they were missing a few things.

A. Chuck Hayes (whose career is defined by stopping these guys 1 on 1)
    B. Capela (who could give him a different look on defense)
    C. A much improved D-Mo
    D. Better wing defenders with Ariza, Brewer, etc. to help

I'm not saying the Rockets are built to stop LMA, but they certainly have alot more to throw at him nowadays.

I also think that while the Spurs might have more talent on paper, I like the balance and the age of the Rockets roster better. I don't love the Spurs rim protection if Duncan isn't on the floor. The Spurs are going to need a big year from Parker, and based on last year, he seems to be declining a bit.

The Spurs are the Spurs. Never doubt them, but there are reasons to believe they might not be as good as they look on paper.

3. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

The best team in Texas is the ASTROS!!! Lol

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was thinking who can stop the Chuckster? He can only stop himself :grin:

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

THERE'S NO ANGELS IN THIS OUTFIELD!!! #SWEEP

STANDS ON A CLIFF, PEERS DOWN WITH BINOCULARS AT THE REST OF THE AL WEST...

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I ain't swapping our squad with theirs. If you would, start rooting for them.

We run the state now and going into the future.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah how many championships do they own lol