1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With tonight's loss, we will be 9th seed.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 11, 2016.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm honestly hoping they miss the playoffs now.

Better for the future, and some players (won't say any names) will hopefully be humbled for next year. Hopefully they will have learned that you can't coast through the season and flip a switch after the all-star break.

Hopefully the front office will have learned that coaching does matter. Hopefully this will make the Rockets as an organization look in the mirror and improve...because the entire organization needs to do better from players to owner.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I am waiting for another injury-prone Sam Dekker for our lottery pick.

What a season....

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Sam Dekker agrees on this.

4. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Im pretty sure we will still get in. The Jazz still play Spurs & Clippers. And the Mavs. We play the Mavs once as well. What yall think?

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I had no expectations and I'm still disappointed, man please end this misery

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

really good point.

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Hate to say this but I think they would be a bit better with McHale at the moment over JBB.

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Personally I would rather have the 1st round draft pick over an inevitable first round playoff loss.

9. chandlerbang21

Lose 2 more games and rockets in lottery

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

Calvin Murphy, Shawn Kemp and Antonio Cromartie have all attained the ninth seed.

2 people like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good players are not going to join the Rockets after this season. They will have better options.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I know everyone will be down after this season but I don't see it?

If the Warriors run through OKC for example, what other option does Durant have? To stick with a team that has proven they can't beat GSW? To go to the Lakers-Knicks? Wizards? None of those teams are beating the Warriors.

Another super team will. Harden has a ton more respect around the league the people realize. Morey will be able to sell players playing with him easy. If he also then hires a competent coach I really don't see players thinking the Rockets as the Sixers or anything. Morey will have two max contracts on the table and a new coach and Dwight will be gone who seems to have less respect around the League than Harden.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I guess we'll see about this. If Harden really does have that much pull on KD, then I'd be shocked, but I guess it's possible. We shall see.

15. Karolik

Karolik Member

Durant is going to the warriors.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Portland lost four starters from last year's team, including Lamarcus Aldridge. They were supposed to be the worst time in the west, but instead they play harder than we do every single night. They are consistent in their effort so they win more than not, even if they're thin on talent.

Our big guns, Dwight and Harden, look like they're going through the motions a lot of the time. Everyone on the team makes dumb mistakes and no one plays team defense anymore. This is the most talented roster we've had in a long time and we can't even manage a winning record. I hope we miss the playoffs; we don't deserve it. I'm a fan of the team, but not this team. They are truly unwatchable,

1 person likes this.
  17. Bo6

Bo6 Member

the saddest part is we have a lot of talented youngsters that primarily rot on the bench instead of getting experience. we suck and it appears we are going down with the ship.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

credit to Lillard and improving CJ. Especially to Lillard. Players that are showing they make those around them better. Plenty of "stars" around the league that have yet to show that.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Great! Let's tank the season less than 56 games into the season for an inknown commodity. Not smart!

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

They have a great coach and a team of good guys with one star and one borderline one in CJ McCollum. That is the way to build a team. They need one or two more guys and maybe one more season to truly blast into contender stratosphere. Ironically they probably could use Batum and Aldridge right now ;)