1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With this loss, this will motivate them.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jack0153, May 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Jack0153

Jack0153 Member

With a tough loss, I feel like this is going to make the players motivate themselves to become even stronger. I know it stings right now, but it will push them to work even harder. If you really think about it, I know it's cliche but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I just feel like in my opinion, will motivate these players to not let a game so important be such a close game (Unless the refs let you *AHEM*) So I'm pretty sure we will make a bunch of changes to the bench cause we had only at least 8 playing for the whole series while the others sat down the whole time.

My point is that this just had to happen, we aren't ready if we have such close games like this. This is going to scar them throughout off season, which WILL push them to work harder.

Let's make some changes and win all the way in 2014-2015 season.!

2. justbuckets

justbuckets Member

For this reason, I hope we keep all the players that were in the rotation — so that they can learn off of each other and with time.

3. Andrew Wiggins

Harden doesnt sound motivated right now. I think it will do what it did to tracy after the mavs series. We never saw him care as much for basketball after that series and he took the year off the season after.

Our players will not care about winning because they feel like winning is out of their hands.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If I get reports of Harden going to the strip club instead of hitting the gym in the offseason I am going to cry. The real test is in the off season. Are the Rockets going to have fun and go on vacations and half ass their off season? Or are they going to put in the work?

Dwight gets a pass, he can do whatever the hell he wants after that performance. Everyone else? I'm glad you had your fun last season, because not a single player on this team outside of Dwight Howard deserves to have any fun next season.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If it doesn't then I don't know what will. This kind of loss either solidifies a team or breaks it apart.

6. Mr. Space City

harden wasn't motivated after the thunder series last year. he's te exact same player.

maybe some of these guys just don't have "it"

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

He's already at the club. Drowning his sorrows in that booty

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Don't act like you know yet what Harden is made of. He's basically a kid and he's been playing under a coach who doesn't know how to keep people accountable.

9. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

The West is so brutal that no matter how motivated they are they could go out in the first round again next season. They need to get a top 3 seed next year.

10. JazzLakerHater

While this sucks, part of me is a little relieved the season is over. This team was frustrating to watch all year with the lackadaisical effort, bad turnovers, bad defense, the low Bball IQ, and blowing big leads. I'm excited for the future because I know Morey is going to make some adjustments to the roster, but this was a frustrating team to watch. And for the love god, can this team grow a brain in the offseason.

11. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

The whole world knows D12 superman is coming back

12. TheresTheDagger

Motivation comes from within. If they weren't motivated to play better in order to win THIS YEAR, I don't see the reason for optimism for the future. We just lost to a lower seeded team with almost no playoff experience.

13. Jack0153

Jack0153 Member

That's what I think they're gonna go for, I think they need more players off the bench who can actually contribute to us during playoff time. We had only 8 of our players playing. Harden, Howard, parsons, Lin, Beverly, Daniels, omer, garcia (in other games.) we don't have as much as a deep bench. If you look at Miami, most of their bench has every player contributing. To really reach the finals, You just have to have a good team with everyone contributing. Not just one or two going full out by them selves. We need a good bench where all players can contribute to the team both defensively and offensively.

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Way too early for look at the brightside threads. Let us mourn for a while, come on.

15. Jack0153

Jack0153 Member

Hey, no more heart attacks watching the 4th quarter! Haha

16. Hmm

Hmm Member

It will certainly motivate Les/Morey to get rid of McHale.... which is good for this team...