1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With this Dwightmare, was LeBrons decision really all that bad?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jgreen91, Jul 4, 2013.

1. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

If you payed attention, I confirmed that I live in Miami and I posted video of me on ocean drive celebrating after the heat won the championship with a shout out to clutchfans in my video. No pretending.

2. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Dwight seems to be handling it better this year, yes, but if you take the whole package with the way he handled it in Orlando it's no comparison to LeBron, the dwightmare is way worse. And now it's getting worse, it's now said on twitter that he's made a decision but who knows when he will actually announce it?

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I get what you're saying, but still: apples to oranges, apples to oranges. you just happen to like the oranges in Lerbon's jock -- we get it -- and that's your right as a Heat fan. No worries.

Lots of things, to you, are a lot worse that Lerbon's "decision" PR fail. And that's fine.

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

NO!

The "Decision" was was the biggest crock of **** to date wrt an NBA player announcement.

The apparent "indecision" on Dwights part is media hype, not Dwight. Its been what, 3 days since he finished interviews?

5. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

"The Decision" was much worse than DH's free agency. The Decision is up there with the following:

- Scott Boras/Beltran
    - Brett Favre's to-retire-or-not-to-retire debacle
    - Scottie Quitten
    - All the drama surrounding A-Rod

I don't like Dwight Howard as a person (he's a prima donna), but he has behaved pretty tame this offseason so far. Because he's a superstar and likes the spotlight...it's been the media who has showered this ridiculous amount of attention on his free agency. Hardly a "Dwightmare". That said, I hope he makes his decision official today so that we can all move on (the team that lands him and all the other teams in the mix that didn't).

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Exactly, this is what people seem to forget, Dwight it not doing anything wrong here. The media are the ones making stuff up, making it way bigger than it seems. I'm not complaining though, loving the suspense although I want it over with today!

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

In my opinion, if you just looked at how Dwight behaved in the past month or so up to now, it would be of course nowhere near what LeBron did. Dwight had done nothing wrong in the past few weeks. It's the media (and in part the Rockets management) that have blown up all the dramas.

But if you looked at not just the past month but the past two years, Dwight has been as much a drama queen as LeBron was, maybe worse. The difference is, LeBron apparently had already made up his mind long before The Decision. And Dwight is actually genuinely indecisive.

People seem to have forgotten what Dwight did to Orlando in his last couple of years there.

8. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I think people are defending Dwight here because they feel he will be a Rocket. If Dwight continues to play around and ends up in Golden State, the tone of this thread will change and people will hate him again.

And if in LeBron decision had he announced he was going to Houston, people her would say the decision wasn't all that bad. I know clutchfans too well.

9. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Before today I thought the Decision was worse, now I think Dwightmare is as bad, if D12 doesn't announce by tomorrow I'd say Dwightmare is worse.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

And if you were not a LeBron worshiper, would you be defending him every chance you got? We all know you too well.

11. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Everthing I've said about the man has been spot on. He's a great father, role model, never gets in trouble, two time champion, beast, good business man, etc etc...

You guys act like he isn't any of those things. #fatherfirst

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Straight coolin out with Bronny <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Father1st&amp;src=hash">#Father1st</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BryceIsSleep&amp;src=hash">#BryceIsSleep</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FamilyGuy&amp;src=hash">#FamilyGuy</a> <a href="http://t.co/AhcgdHjAEU">http://t.co/AhcgdHjAEU</a></p>&mdash; LeBron James (@KingJames) <a href="https://twitter.com/KingJames/statuses/350726861619343361">June 28, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

you really must be 12 years old.

13. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

[​IMG]

14. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

D12 > the Decision. :grin:

15. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Actually, not so soon......

16. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

There we go!!! D12 > the Decision!!!

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The only thing we hated about LeBron was the whole ESPN thing. Other than that I have no problem with players using their options. It's a business and both sides try to make the best moves for themselves.

18. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

The Dwightmare continues....... A Rockets announcement is made and now he's going back to meet with the LA Lakers. Could this be handled any worse?

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This has been going on for 3 straight years. Pick a team d******d.

20. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I'm not sure why Dwight has to be loyal to a Lakers organization he was only with for 1 season. They didn't even make the playoffs. That's the difference between LeBron screwing over his hometown fans and Dwight.