1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With the 5th pick in the draft, the Houston Rockets select....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 11, 2022.

?

Who do you want?

Poll closed Friday at 8:41 AM.
  1. Jalen Duren

    8.4%
  2. Johnny Davis

    0.4%
  3. AJ Griffin

    15.3%
  4. Bennedict Mathurin

    5.6%
  5. Keegan Murray

    34.5%
  6. Other - Name your player in your post

    10.0%
  7. Shaedon Sharpe

    25.7%
  1. Rockets34Legend

    Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2002
    Messages:
    16,309
    Likes Received:
    5,860
    Playing worst case scenario if we don't end up with Top 4 to choose Paulo/Jabari/Chet/Ivey....
     
    Boki4MvP and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  2. Houston77

    Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2018
    Messages:
    2,449
    Likes Received:
    6,805
    As I said in another thread: Murray. High floor, good defender, great shooter. He'll fit like a glove next to KPJ and Green.
     
  3. fryjol7

    fryjol7 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2014
    Messages:
    1,012
    Likes Received:
    1,203
    Dureen looks good. Would try to go big first assuming we want to give minutes to Jalen-KPJ-JayGup next year, that is why I would go Keegan Murray before Mathurin or Aj Griffin. Have not seen enough of Jhonny Davis.
     
    wlekfjv923n and groovemachine like this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

    Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2007
    Messages:
    34,479
    Likes Received:
    15,674
  5. steddinotayto

    steddinotayto Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2001
    Messages:
    18,947
    Likes Received:
    20,381
    I like what I've watched/read on Murray for the 5th pick. At 6'8" he has the height to play both forward positions when needed and having him slotted in the starting SF spot is pretty exciting. Plus, as the official founder of the Otto Porter Movement, I like his comparison:

    Keegan Murray comparison: Otto Porter Jr and Michael Porter Jr
     
    Deckard, D-rock, Htown Legend and 7 others like this.
  6. thething

    thething Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2008
    Messages:
    2,618
    Likes Received:
    258
    Other-Shaedon Sharpe
     
    clutchdabear, Aruba77 and wlekfjv923n like this.
  7. Houston77

    Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2018
    Messages:
    2,449
    Likes Received:
    6,805
    Sharpe hasn’t declared yet, right?
     
    #7 Houston77, Apr 11, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  8. coachbadlee

    coachbadlee Member

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2010
    Messages:
    26,556
    Likes Received:
    6,661
    Plus he'll fit like a snug pair of boxers with Wood.
     
  9. gmoney411

    gmoney411 Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2008
    Messages:
    3,572
    Likes Received:
    628
    Ivey might be there at 5. OKC and Orlando don't need more ball handling guards.
     
  10. saleem

    saleem Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2001
    Messages:
    28,384
    Likes Received:
    11,958
    The Magic could select Ivey as their shooting guard. I don't see that much room for him in OKC.
     
  11. ThatBoyNick

    ThatBoyNick Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2011
    Messages:
    24,171
    Likes Received:
    33,787
    Griffin or Sharpe, I’d lean Griffin
     
    fattz, ilovehtownbb and clutchdabear like this.
  12. DaDakota

    DaDakota Never Trump
    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 1999
    Messages:
    115,656
    Likes Received:
    23,360
    The only way we get the 5th pick is if 4 teams pass us in the lottery, last year only 1 did.

    Our best case is Brooklyn gets the number 1 pick and we get the 2nd pick...so we get top two picks.

    DD
     
    rkh-dog, Dobbizzle, Deckard and 8 others like this.
  13. groovemachine

    groovemachine Member

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2006
    Messages:
    1,888
    Likes Received:
    2,544
    Mathurin has the most star potential of that group imo.
     
    wlekfjv923n likes this.
  14. MrButtocks

    MrButtocks Contributing Member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2005
    Messages:
    6,757
    Likes Received:
    4,132
    We have a 47.9% chance of getting the 5th pick. There is a higher likelihood of getting the 5th pick than the top three spots combined. What happened last year has no bearing on this year's drawing.
     
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

    Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2007
    Messages:
    34,479
    Likes Received:
    15,674
    The odds are we will get the 5th pick. It's not that 4 teams have to pass us, it's that there are 14 teams vying for each of the top 4 spots.
     
    palmsnbananas and burlesk like this.
  16. wlekfjv923n

    wlekfjv923n Member

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2012
    Messages:
    377
    Likes Received:
    511
    Disagree, that's one guy out of this list I don't think will be a good pick. No disrespect :)
     
    palmsnbananas and MC31B like this.
  17. MrButtocks

    MrButtocks Contributing Member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2005
    Messages:
    6,757
    Likes Received:
    4,132
    If we don't get top 4, we should draft Sharpe. Some of the other guys will be good pros, but I'm not seeing a lot of high end potential out there.
     
    Nelly, wlekfjv923n, Xopher and 5 others like this.
  18. Houston77

    Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2018
    Messages:
    2,449
    Likes Received:
    6,805
    What do you mean, odds are we get the 5th pick? We have a 52% chance of landing a top 4 pick and 48% chance to land pick 5.
     
  19. ThatBoyNick

    ThatBoyNick Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2011
    Messages:
    24,171
    Likes Received:
    33,787
    Those are ****ed up odds for the worst team in the league lol
     
    Clutch, Deckard, Richie_Rich and 9 others like this.
  20. saleem

    saleem Contributing Member

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2001
    Messages:
    28,384
    Likes Received:
    11,958
    I don't know anything about him since high school, but I've heard he has made progress. Do you know much about that?
     

Share This Page

  • About ClutchFans

    Since 1996, ClutchFans has been loud and proud covering the Houston Rockets, helping set an industry standard for team fan sites. The forums have been a home for Houston sports fans as well as basketball fanatics around the globe.

  • Support ClutchFans!

    If you find that ClutchFans is a valuable resource for you, please consider becoming a Supporting Member. Supporting Members can upload photos and attachments directly to their posts, customize their user title and more. Gold Supporters see zero ads!


    Upgrade Now