1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With the 14th pick in the NBA draft, the Houston Rockets select...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zainahsan93, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Lowry4three

Lowry4three Member

Why would you trade Hill now? I think Hill will have a breakout year next year once he gets comfortable, due to some off-court disruption this year, he was not able to focus...and focus happens to be his biggest issue.

Hill's trade value will go up by the trade deadline next year, if there is one....
    look how long Aldridge took to get to where he is now, Hill just needs to develop, learn some post moves with Hakeem or something..

2. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I pretty much agree with you. I was responding to CoachBadlee's post. Trading Hill was his idea. I just said what I think Hill's trade value is at this time.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Ok, switch out T-Will for Bud, J. Hill and the 23rd pick for anywhere from the 8th to the 13th pick. I think at this point in their careers, Bud has more trade value than Williams due to the fact that he can start reliably.

4. pbthunder

Having said that, I'd give up Hill and #23 to get Bismack Biyombo, and maybe even throw in a future 1st.

I don't really follow college or foreign BBall, though; I'm just starting to study what we might do in the draft. Biyombo looks pretty good at this point.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Apologize. Should have replied to your post earlier. IMO, J. Hill had enough time to prove himself. Although i would not label him a bust, just the fact that Pats has outplayed him all season. I agree, he will get better, but when is the question. I really don't think he will break out next season. I would only want to trade him for a higher pick anyway.

6. pbthunder

Nothing to apologize for.

I disagree about Hill, though. I think he's still improving rapidly enough, though he had a bad stretch there.

Yes, PPatt's ahead of him. If PPatt doesn't have a sophomore slump, I expect him to stay ahead. And, we do have too many PFs. I've said we should trade at least one, and two if we're bringing back a real center.

7. worzel gummidge

Not a fact. Some weeks Hill was better, other weeks 2Pat was. It's clear that 2Pat had the greater peak games though.

8. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

How about this:
    Luis Scola+14th draft pick for Cleveland's 8th draft pick. We use the 8th draft pick to draft Jan Vesely. And with Luis scola's contract coming off the books we have enough money to sign Marc Gasol and sign him to a 55Mil/5years contract.

Our lineup would be:
    C- Marc Gasol/ Chuck Hayes/ Yao Ming(resigned)/ Hasheem Thabeet/ Brad Miller
    PF- Patrick Patterson/ Jordan Hill
    SF- Jan Vesely/ Chase Budinger/ Courtney Lee/ Terrence Williams
    SG- Kevin Martin/ Courtney Lee
    PG- Kyle Lowry/ Goran Dragic

That lineup will bring 55+ wins a season for years to come! IMO

9. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Why does Cleveland want Scola?

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

They call him the Argentinean King.

11. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Now the real question is, Why wouldn't they want Luis Scola?

12. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Anyone who thinks that Hill ever played at an equal level to Patterson is insane.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Question. Would Boston sweeping NY 4-0 help us at all?

14. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Why would it?

If you're referring to the pick swap, then the answer is no.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Didn't think so. Just reaching. Thanks.

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Does any player have upside without talent?

17. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

Jimmer would be an awful pick. The guys gonna be garbage in the nba. Kemba's not bad, but we've got Kyle already. We need to draft a big man. Period.

18. Rockets_4_life

I agree it not all about upside. But Morey will now take upside more into consideration, then in the past, when making decision on the best player available. Given the situation..

So don't be surprise if we draft a project with upside with our lottery pick.

19. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Sooooo...you're saying...

1) Adelman having a year off from NBA coaching and living in the city where Brooks played college ball was never part of the draft equation?

2) You're perfectly content to continue believing in the "Collect Assets and Trade for a Star Theory" of building a Championship-caliber team?

If "yes" for #2, better hope for a short lock out. Nobody will be worried about trade deadline deals for a season begining in late January.

20. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Now that Tristan Thompson is most likely entering the draft ESPN has us taking Jordan Hamilton as the fourteenth pick. This could solve our problem at SF.