1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With Jones/DMo playing well, do you still want a stretch 4 for Asik?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Nov 19, 2013.

Tags:
  1. verysimplejason

Asik and Lin for Rondo and Wallace. The "crash" still got it. I don't know if this is feasible given the salaries but Wallace would be a great perimeter defender for the Rockets.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

We need the wolves to start losing and Kevin love to want out

3. meh

meh Member

Actually, I'm quite sure Morey's not ruling out any possibility, besides maybe a decent true backup center. One that can spot-start should Howard get injured. A Camby/Deke type of player would suffice IMO. Everything else he probably goes with BPA.

But our biggest weaknesses are clear. One is perimeter defense. The other is defense in general if neither Howard nor Asik is on the floor. Neither is going to improve except with better players.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Makes sense, but I think Morey will try to make sure that these "roleplayers" are also be attractive trade assets in terms of their contracts so that if a great player does become available, the Rockets are in a position to pursue him.

5. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

problem is Mchale wants Harden and parsons out there 35+ mins a night that perimeter defender would struggle to get any minutes.

6. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Small sample...

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

If this team had Andre Iguodala, do you honestly think that he would struggle to get minutes?

8. showa13

showa13 Member

I agree with the last part you put there, which is why if the Millsap trade happens, I hope we could snag Gustavo Ayon. Seems solid enough, and prob would welcome playing here with his Mexican roots

9. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Wolves and Blazers are playing better than Rockets so far. No chance we can snag Love or Aldridge this season.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think we should just keep Asik at this stage, if anything to allow our PFs to grow.

T-Jones is only 21, and D-Mo only 23. Those two have a ton of room to grow, and they could be our answer to PF. It would be a shame if we traded Asik for decent-but-kind-of-disappointing players like Jeff Green, and we end up not only losing our most valuable trade piece but also burying our PFs back in the bench again.

I feel like this is the time to be patient and wait. We have Asik for 2 years, and so we aren't desperate to trade him. Let's see how whether T-Jones and D-Mo could be our answer, and then decide.

Who knows, maybe this is a blessing in disguise. Everyone knows what Asik is capable of, but not everyone knows what T-Jones and D-Mo could do. If we could raise their value, that might allow us to package them and Asik together for an All-Star.

1 person likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Asik already burned bridges a little. Jones and Dmo may stay longer.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Member

I don't really know what we need since there are so many unknowns still at this point.

I have confidence that Morey will make the best move though.

13. liljojo

liljojo Member

I wouldn't mind picking up Courtney Lee again.

14. prs325

prs325 Member

I was gonna say Courtney Lee also

15. ross84

ross84 Member

Let's not jump the gun here. 4 good starts is a start.

16. dharocks

dharocks Member

I'm in favor of getting the best asset available. You can always trade said asset for an upgrade at PF at a later date.

Just because we want to win now doesn't mean we should start making short-sighted moves. That kind of thinking is what sunk Orlando and Cleveland.

17. Billionzz

Billionzz Member

I think you're right, at least keep him until the trading deadline. That will give the Rockets time to play Jones and DMo to see what they have. I don't see any need to be in a hurry, and I would only play Asik at center when Howard is out unless it's a special matchup.

18. Two Sandwiches

If Jones continues to play this way, I'd love to deal Asik for an unprotected pick, or something that's guaranteed lottery, like we did with Lowry.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Never thought a stretch 4 was a good idea... Whoever we get better play defense!

20. sufiankassam

sufiankassam Member

Rondo would make Howard so much better as well. If you think about, DH has never played with a great pass-first pg (steve nash aside)