1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

With a sweep on the line, Dwight just quit on his team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Apr 28, 2013.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

The softest defensive center in the league on the worst defensive team? Ill pass on Gasol, no thank you:rolleyes:

2. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Big/Small Line-up:

PG: Lin
    SG: Beverley
    SF: Harden
    PF: Howard
    C: Asik

Play the same game we have been but with Bev crashing the boards less and either Howard or Asik starting the break.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He could have punched me in the balls on the way out of the arena and I would still want him on this team.

4. juanm34

juanm34 Member

All DeeWhite Howard needs is a real coach to put him in his place.
    Ya dig? McHale is that coach.
    Harden/Howard = WCF at least.

5. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

My sentiments exactly.

I wonder what kind of PF we can recruit alongside Dwight, once we get him.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Yes! Definitely yes

Seems impossible but look how we got Harden

7. HL3

HL3 Member

I really believe that Dwight just needs to be in the right place to settle down. Bring him here, give him a fat contract and let him know he's here long term. If he can't run then he'll have to fight.

8. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Honestly a Asik-Howard-Parsons front court SOLVES a lot of problems for us

9. trowa2

trowa2 Member

dont forget andrew bynum is also on the market. i myself like andrew bynum a lot more than dwight howard. i mean, howard is great if his team is filled with snipers(something lakers dont have) if u think about it, any decent center looks great if their team is filled with snipers.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Yes! Who are our better options?

11. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Most dominating Center in the game today ,who would want him :rolleyes:
    If Dwight wants to come here you take him period end of discussion .No matter what he wants you get it for him . Even if he wants breast milk from a Cambodian immigrant u get it for him :grin:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JKhiSs2VRpg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  12. Balakoth

Balakoth Member

Glass knees do not want

13. dudeimfromhtown

he is better then all the other power forwards we have :rolleyes:

14. Albinoswordfish

Man I would love it if Howard went to the Rockets (from a Lakers fan perspective). You guys will paying him the max contract for sure.

The guy is so delusional on his own ability, I mean this guy thought he was the only reason the Magic went to the finals back in 2009.

This guy has been in the league for so long and yet hasn't developed a FT and keeps making dumb mistakes over and over again.

This is a guy you can't depend on in the clutch in terms of offense because he can't hit FTs along with having no post game whatsoever.

This guy will demand the ball in the post more than anyone in the league and yet be terribly ineffective.

This is a guy who will quit on your team when the going gets tough. First the Magic and now the Lakers.

There are two things Howard is elite at, rebounding and defending. That's not worth a max contract when this player is going to demand the ball in the post pout when he doesn't, commit dumb fouls, and most of all quit on your team.

15. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I knew it would happen again... It's sad that y'all still want him I would rather have Al Horford or Pau Gasol

1 person likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep.

I remember Lebron's last series in Cleveland people said he quit on them.

17. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Sure Mchale is that coach, right after he asks Dwight for his autograph like he did when Harden came to town.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also if I am L.A it is better to amnesty Kobe and make some moves so that they could tank for the draft.

If they tank we all know they will get the #1 pick and get Wiggins. They seriously should do that because it seems like a failed plan to try and build around Dwight at his age AND with no tradeable assets AND no big name FAs hitting UFA for like 3 more years. Seems like a dumb plan.

19. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Pass the collection plate cause I agree with everything you just wrote up

20. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

he's the perfect 4 for the Rockets and could teach our young guys a thing or two, plus if he's amnestied he wouldnt cost as much and we would still have enough room to make a major move or two